26. We've got company

26.

"NO!" Ethan bellowing shook the ground, which echoed through the entire woods. I tightened my arms around Tyler's waist, bracing myself for the dagger to penetrate my skin.

In a flash, the sharp end of the dagger was no longer being held on my back and I could feel the warm air of the afternoon breeze hits my back. I unknowingly let out a huge sigh of relief as my back muscles loosen up.

Peeking over my shoulder, Ethan was holding tight onto Avril's arms. Avril was struggling against Ethan's hold; she was squirming, yelling for release and even resort to stepping on his foot. Ethan on the other hand had quick reflexes, it's like he knew Avril was going to do that. Thankfully, the dagger wasn't in her position but was safely tucked in Ethan's cargo pants; I could see it peeking from his pocket.

A big set of hands was cupping my face, turning my neck around and I was instantly met with a pair of magnificent midnight blue eyes. They were filled with all types of emotions, making the worry lines appear on his forehead.

"Don't frown." I mutter, smoothing out the lines. A small smile appeared on my face when I recall our intimate moment in the car.

"Only you could say that in times like this." Tyler let out a throaty chuckle. His voice sounded hoarse, like he hasn't used it for ages. Then, his eyes turned hard. "Don't you ever dare do that again! Why did you do that anyway? Did you know what was going through my mind - I don't want to lose you when I just got you. I-I can't imagine if you really died in my arms." Tyler's eyes softens and was glistening, tears were gathered and was waiting for the time to be released.

He didn't say a thing for the next minute. I placed my hands over his and lift them off my cheeks. Tyler's eyes snaps to me when I did that, his eyes held a certain emotion which I wasn't able to decipher. But mostly it held sorrow.

"I just don't want to walk through that path, again." Tyler says, his tone was gentle and soft. One wrong move and he might crack.

"You won't..." I squeeze his hands in assurance. "I just had this overwhelming urge to save you and I didn't think twice about doing it." I add, shrugging along with a small smile.

"Please don't ever do that again, or I would go bald just by worrying about you before I hit thirty."

I laughed softly. Tyler moves his face closer to me, pressing his lips against my forehead and lingered.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME, YOU MUTT!"

Tyler retracts his face, with a heavy groan. "Let's go settle those two." He reaches for my hand and interwine our fingers.

That moment, it felt so right and as cheesy as it sound, our hands, it felt like it was made just for each other. And the sparks, it keeps growing and growing making it impossible for me not to enjoy the sensation.

Ethan was sitting atop of Avril's back, which was on the ground. Avril had the side of her face planted on the ground and was squirming under Ethan's body. Her arms were under Ethan's butt and as for her legs, Ethan has put his long legs on top of hers. He looked like he put all of his body weight on Avril.

Ethan smiles widely when he saw us, or saw what he'd done rather.

"She's gonna die from lack of oxygen if you sit on her any longer." I exclaimed, rushing towards her only to be pulled back by Tyler's grip that was on my hand.

"She almost killed you." Tyler explains when he saw the look on my face.

"I was aiming it at you." Avril hissed, glaring at him. I'm surprised she's still able to speak with all that weight being put on her.