Glossary

Before you start reading this action packed racing book, I need to warn you that this book contains loads of STREET RACING LANGUAGE!!!

What is street racing language?

Well, it's a term for the words street racers used when talking or commenting about their cars. These words may be difficult to understand for non-racing fans or those who just started growing an interest in racing.

So I'll be making a chapter just to explain these words. If you're unsure about the words I use in the book, feel free to drop by this glossary chapter to understand the definition.

Glossary

Drift: Is when a driver tends to slide his car in the direction of a turn. This turning manner is often used for mountain pass racing.

 This turning manner is often used for mountain pass racing

Grip: Is another type of a turn maneuver. This is a type of turning maneuver where the driver does not slide his car during a turn. It is done by hard braking before the turn without pulling the handbrakes. This turning manner is often used for racers driving all-wheel drive vehicles.

Mountain pass: Also known as Toge racing, which is a type of race that takes place on a mountain road

Mountain pass: Also known as Toge racing, which is a type of race that takes place on a mountain road. Only two racers are allowed to race per round (sometimes three but it's very rare) down or up the mountain road. The round usually ends when the winner reaches the top or bottom of the mountain first.   

Highway racing: Is a type of race that takes place on the highways. Racers are to race in a highway from one point to another. There can be more than four racers in a round.

Drag racing: Is the easier of all types races. It is usually taken place with roads that are long without it bending to any type of turns. Racers are required to overtake each other to the finishing line. This type of race is usually popular in Los Angeles, USA where the streets are usually long and wide.

Corner/curve/hairpin: A word that describe a turn in the course which requires the racer to drift (slide the car) or grip (without sliding the car) around it.

Flooring it/ going full throttle: When a racer goes on his car's max speed or when he shifts to his car's last gear.

E-brake: Or handbrake.