Chapter 21

Back to 4 weeks ago

Lexi's POV

We are both awoken by a light shining on our faces and Demi groans burying her face deeper into my neck hiding from the light that has now been turned on. I smile cause even the worst times like waking up are the best if Demi is around. I tighten my grip on demi as she lays on me. "Get out whoever you are.." Demi mumbles in her semi asleep state. I chuckle at her running my hand up and down her back making her shiver. "Love birds I need Demi." Kelsey says. I smile at her opening my eyes a little just to cringe because of the light. "Go on babe. They need you out there." I whisper into her ear. I hear a faint yes and her eyelashes hit my skin which means she's opening her eyes.

She slowly takes her head out of my neck and looks up at me eyes slightly squished together because of the light. "Go babe." I see her smile a bright smile. "I could get used to this." She says starting to get up and pecking my lips. I then grab a pillow and I go back to sleep.

After a while I feel a hand caressing my face. "You are the cutest thing while sleeping. I love you...so so so much" And then I feel a light peck on my cheek as if she was trying not to wake me up. I smile and I slowly go back to complete darkness.

Dream

Demi and I are laying on the old grey couch that was about to fall apart since it was so old but for some reason it was so comfortable. I recognize that couch as the one that my family had back in Brazil. I look around letting the peaceful feeling sink in. "You know this is amazing." She says. I smile at her. "Its also not real." I say frowning slightly. "Well make it real." She says pecking my chin. "I could. Maybe when tour is over and school is done." I say really thinking about it. "I mean it's gonna be hard but I think if there's anyone that I can think of to help me get through that house it's you." I say caressing her back.

She smiles and pecks my lips slowly. "I hope you can make this real. I'm sure that I would love this." She says happily. I sigh and I take a deep breath in of her scent but it's not the same. No dream could ever be as good as having Demi really next to me.

"Angel..." I look at Demi and she isn't saying anything but I can hear her voice. "Angel wake up." I smile slowly opening my eyes.

To see a sweaty Demi. "Hey. Welcome back. You slept through the entire concert." She says smiling. I smile back starting to sit up. "I'm gonna go have a shower and then we can go to the bus off we go to the next city!!" She screams and I laugh. I take out my phone to call my mom.

Mom - M

Me - L

L - Hey mom

M - Lexi!! Why didn't you call me yesterday!! I was worried sick child!!

L - Sorry mom I just forgot.

M - It's ok just don't do it again. How's it been?

L - It's amazing mom

M - I'm glad.

We pause of a while

L - So is dad back home?

M - Lexi... Honey.. I don't think he's coming back for a long time... You know what I'll talk to you tomorrow ok?

L - Sure. but mo...

She cut the line before I could say anything. I know something is up. I get frustrated so I place my head roughly into my hands. Rubbing my face against my palm with agitation. Where is he? Where the fuck is he?!?! Probably fucking some random bitch. For some reason my mom tolerates it. I'm so frustrated. If I ever marry someone. I promise that I won't be this way. Never will I leave. Never will I give up.

Fucking hell he could at least try to be better. I'm in midst my frustration when I notice a hand that touches my shoulder. I don't look up since I already know who it is. I feel an arm wrap around my body and a head lay on my shoulder from behind. This makes me feel slightly better.

It's amazing how all the thoughts that were haunting me just suddenly went away. I slowly take my head away from my hands and I turn my body so that I'm facing Demi her back on the couch her body in front of mine. Her legs drap around each of my sides and I pull her body close hanging my head on her shoulder. Her hands travel up and down my back comforting me. She kisses my head and continues. "Let's go to the bus and then we can continue this ok Love." I smile nodding. We both get up grabbing our stuff getting out of the dressing room.

When we get to the bus the stuff that was on the hotel room was already brought here. We just leave the stuff that we used today and make our way to Demi's room. I tell her that I was gonna take a shower and she nods smiling at me.

I take a large t-shirt and shorts and my shampoo and shit. I take a shower and for a while just stay under the water that I had made almost completely cold trying to clear my thoughts. When I do come out of the shower I get dressed and I get back into the room. Demi comes over and hugs my tightly she then looks at me curiously.

"Why are you cold?" She asks me curiously. I just shrug she sighs and pulls me over onto the bed. She lays down and then pulls me so I'm laying on her chest instead of the other way around. I enjoy this. This is something that doesn't happen very often but it's amazing when it does happen. I feel her lips make contact with the crown of my head. I slowly turn so I'm facing her. I slowly lean in placing my lips on hers. She smiles responding instantly to the kiss.

We pull away and I place my head back down on her shoulder smelling her hair. She keeps caressing my back with the tips of her fingers. My shirt rises a little so she places her hand up my shirt now caressing my bare back with her soft fingers. I feel goosebumps rise all over my body. I can't even describe how good this feels, there are no words in any language that can compare to what it feels like to have Demi hold me.

I close my eyes enjoying the moment. I'm falling asleep and I guess Demi thinks I'm asleep. "You know I think it's becoming a habit... talking to you in your sleep I mean." She starts saying in a soft voice. "But even asleep you are the best listener I have ever met. It touches me how your heart is so open to listen to people and help them." She kisses my head again. "I just think you spent so much time during all your life trying to learn how to listen and help that you didn't learn how to talk and how to open up to people." I'm almost in tears by her words.

"You think you have to put out this image of a tough strong girl, when really you are a very strong woman but you are also sensitive, kind and human woman who just needs a little help sometimes." This sounds so much like my bestfriend speech. "But it's ok. I will teach you. I will teach you that you can be who you are and that you don't have to be impermeable and that you can be just you. The amazing, sweet and kind you." This is literally the sweetest thing I have ever heard. "It doesn't matter what anyone tells you. I love you and to me you are the most amazing human being in all of this planet." She says and her voice starts cracking. "And I'm so glad I have you." She says he voice full of emotion. I feel my cheeks get wet so I slowly open my eyes.

I squint a little at the light. I pull her tightly towards me. I feel her tears still rushing. "Are you ok?" I ask a little concerned. "Yes I'm fine. I'm just emotional that's all." She whispers against my skin. "I love you." I say and she smiles brightly against my shoulder. I think it doesn't matter how many times we say it. It will always be magical.