Chapter One

I was just sitting around watching tv when my mom came up to me with the biggest smile ever. "lexi. Your father and I have some good news!" Wait she can't be pregnant again she's too old! "What is it!" I say trying to pretend that I'm a moody teen all the time but I'm very excited about this. "Your dad got a job" I smile a half smile kind of disappointed cause I was expecting more. "Wait I'm not finished. This job is in..... LA!! Yes baby your dream city!" Ohh my god. I'm finally getting out of Brazil!! Yes!! Not that I won't miss it here but there's no space to do what I want.

"This is great!!" I get up hugging them. "Wait what about Matt?" "He's staying honey he's 20 he'll be alright." My mom answers very quickly.

"This is awesome!! Thanks guys!! When are we moving??" I ask getting really happy. "Next week." Wait what..?? So soon. I need some time to say goodbye to my friends. You know what I don't have anyone who cares here in Brazil. My "best friend" or at least she used to be lives in New Zealand but we barely talk anymore which makes me quite sad but whatever.

"Come on. Let's start packing!!" My mom said happily. I sighed and started boxing the stuff in my room.

1 week later

We're in LA!!! Most of our stuff is still being shipped which sucks but I've got the important things with me. We donated some of our furniture like beds and stuff like that because we will be buying the things that are needed before the things arrive from shipping.

We live in this fancy as hell neighborhood. We've been here for a few days and even though the house is very close to the beach I've been staying in. I'm 16 just turned last month on the 30th of December which means now is January. School hasn't started yet so I haven't socialized since I'm not very good at that.

People always say it's so hot in LA but, these people need to go to a hot day in São Paulo or Rio and then they will see what true heat is. Today is a warm beautiful day. I can see that through the glass doors of my balcony. The first thing I made sure of buying were curtains.. Kkk I can't endure light in my face early in the morning. My balcony is pretty big so my dad had a man put glass around it so I can have a desc there and a nice place to do my homework. I'm very thankful for that because other than my bed that is the only article of furniture I have in my room. I guess you can say it'll take time but we'll get there.

Today I will have the guts to get out and explore the neighborhood. I get dressed. I put on black jean shorts a ACDC t shirt, with a red and black checker shirt tied around my waist. I brush my hair and it naturally falls into slight beach curls. My light brown hair. I look at the mirror my hazel eyes are the only thing I think are okayly attractive. I smile and walk down stairs.

"Mae eu vou sair ok? Vo dar uma olhada no bairro. Descobrir um pouco a cidade. Eu te amo! Tchau." (Translation: Mom I'm gonna go out ok? I'm gonna check out the neighborhood. Discover the town. I love you! Bye.)

I walk out feeling the comfort of my red vans on my feet. I start walking and I see a small path next to my backyard. I follow that. I walk through this weird grass that's when I hear water and I look down and I see sand beneath my feet. I walk over to where the waves are crashing down I close my eyes, feeling the sunlight soaking into my skin the gentle breeze making my hot skin a little cooler. The sound of the waves crashing and the scent of seawater gives me a small sense of comfort? I didn't think I would need comfort after all I did move to the city I wanted to live in the most, but it's just hard.

I miss Brazil. I miss my brother. My older brother. The one who always protects me from the world. I'm not the kind of person who expresses their feeling very well but every time I yelled at him I was really saying that I loved him. I was trying to make him a better person.