Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

We get onto Netflix and we decide to watch Still Alice. We watch the entire movie in silence apart from some sniffles normally coming from me. By the end of the movie I see Lexi wipe away a single tear that slips down her cheek a few more come next but this time I clear them up and wipe them away with my thumbs and I kiss her cheek. She gives me a soft grin.

"Hey what was it that you told me you would explain later?" I asked her suddenly remember. "It's just... Yesterday was one of the only times that I was able to get out of the nightmare it's really rare for people to be able to get me out of the Dream the only other person was my best friend she lives away but she was able to wake me up. But last night was the first night that I was able to sleep peacefully after the dream. Normally it takes me nights to recover but yesterday for some reason I was able to go back to sleep with no problems." She says kind of awkward at the start. I smile and hug her she returns the hug.

"Maybe I should go home? I mean I haven't seen my mom since yesterday so..." My face must have immediately dropped "Are you really gonna leave me all alone here??" I say face dramatic but it's kind of true since I really am gonna be alone. "What about mad??" She asks "If she's out till now she's probably not coming back." As if on cue my phone starts to ring and maddie's pictures pops up. "Hey Baby!! Where are you??" I ask mad. "Can I sleep over at Collins Pweeeeeaaaasssseee???" She asks in a cute baby voice how could I say no to that?? "Sure but no smooching!!!" "Demi!! I could say the same Ms.I Like To Cuddle" I laugh really hard "Well I'm an adult so no promises." I say after I calm down as I look at Lexi. "Well see ya!!" Mads says after she's done laughing. "Bye I love y..." She just cuts the line without even saying it back ouch. "Shes probably having too much fun." Lexi says as she sees the scene play out I just smile it away. "Well I'm sure your mom wants to see you." I say kind of harshly. I just feel so lonely already. I can see the pain in her eye. She stands and walk out mumbling a goodbye.

I was just sitting there not knowing what to do feeling super guilty for treating her badly when she did nothing to me that's when I hear footsteps coming back up stairs. Much to my surprise it's Lexi she smiles kind of sadly and starts talking "You know you were really mean a few seconds ago and I just wanted to say that and.... Maybe you wanna come over to my house? I mean it's not as big as this house but I mean it's home and ...." I cut her off by hugging her. I hear her heartbeat slowly decrease its pace. "I'm sorry for being mean to you I was hurt and I don't know how to deal with it very well." I feel her smirk. "It's ok." So simple yet so effective. "And I would Love to go to your house." I tell her. "Ok let's go then. I'm sure my mom made enough food for us both you cooks for like an army. And its real food ok not the frozen crap y'all americans seem to like." I laugh at her statement. We pull out of the hug and I turn the light off grab the keys and a jacket cause it's probably gonna get cold and goddammit I get cold easily.

We walk out the door and I just follow what Lexi does cause I've only seen Lexi's house once in my life and I as sure as hell will not remember how I got there. We walk for like 15 mins and we arrive at her house. I think she decided to leave the bike it the garage because she doesn't want to disturb peace. We get into the house and we hear screaming. They are saying something in Portuguese. Lexi isn't happy about this. She locates where the screaming comes from and it's the living room and looks at what's happening she then comes back white with fear and disgust.

We hear the voices come closer and Lexi pulls me out of the way fast enough. A male about 20 years old runs out of the house with a female about 50 running after him. That's when I noticed Lexi has pinned me to the wall to keep me away from the fight and she muttering stuff like "I'm so sorry." "You should probably go." She takes her arms away from me and is about to start running after those people when I grab her from the behind keeping her from running. I'm strong but not as strong as her. She knows that if she wants to she can break free but that means hurting me and I'm gonna place my bets and hope that she won't be able to do that.