Chapter Three

Next morning

I wake up to a buzz from my table I look and it's a text from Maddie telling me to be at her house around 11:00am I look at the clock and it's 10:00am. I walk towards my closet throwing on some ripped jeans and another band shirt with my black converse. I brush my hair and teeth. I check the mirror to see if I look presentable. I smile then walk down stairs saying bye To my mom. It's about 10:30 so it gives me about 30mins to get to Demi's house even though it'll only take me like 10. I hope Maddie didn't mind.

I arrive and I send Maddie a text. She comes and gets the gate open for me. "Sup!?" I say excitedly. "I'm good! And you?" I smile. "I'm great." She looks at me and I guess she figured. "Demi wants to talk to you. Come on." I scrunch my eyebrows together not knowing why Demi would wanna talk to me. I just follow Maddie into the house. As we walk in I see bags near the door and I see Maddie's sad look. I put my hand on her shoulder. We then hear faint, slow footsteps coming down the stairs. "Maddie is she here yet." She says. I smile saying. "Depends on who she is!!" I say back. I hear her laugh and I see Demi come over to where Maddie and I where. I'm taken back when she hugs me. She's so short her head rests on my chest/crook of my neck if she stands still.

"Thank you so much." She looks up to my chin and I see her face drop when she sees the yellowish black color it's turning. "I'm so sorry." She says full of guilt again. "I'm fine. I've told you that thousands of times. Please believe me it's not your fault ok?" I say trying to make her feel better she simply sighs and buries her head deeper into the crook of my neck. It's strange how I just met her but it's just so comfortable. I guess she really needs comfort.

"So you leaving to go on tour today." I say she nods against my neck. "You should really stay here with Madds some days. I mean I'm sure she would love to have you over." She says and I laugh watching the smile grow on her face. "Sure. If Maddie wants me to I can stay over a few days."

"How old are you?" Maddie asks. I let go of Demi and I turn to Maddie. "I just turned 16. Like 30th of December is a terrible birthday." I respond chuckling. Maddie smiles so does Demi. "So what grade were you on?" "I was in 10th grade so I'm supposed to be in 11th grade now." Maddie's smile grows bigger. "We're in the same year. I skipped a year because.. Well I don't know but I did so we're in the same year." I smile back at her. That's great. "Do you know if you're enrolled in any school?" Maddie asks. "I think it's called Palm something high school. My dad was really keen on me studying there." Maddie's smile grows. "We're going to the same school." I smile letting out a yay!! I can see Demi watching and smiling.

"So we got this week as a holiday because they had to do some changes in the school but we only have about a month of classes and then we get 3 months of vacations because we stayed in a extra month to do some tests so we get one month more than normal." She explains. "Nice!!" I say in a excited way.

"Mads you guys could come on tour with me!!" Demi says as her eyes light up with the idea. "I'm not sure my parents would be very keen on that." I say kind of bummed out. "Come on I really want you to come!! I'll make things different. I've gone on tour with Demi for like thousands of times it's getting a little boring after a few days. No offense Dems but we barely get to see each other." Maddie says. Demi smiles saying. "No offense taken." I laugh at how she was totally offended but was trying hard to cover it up.

"What are you laughing at?" Demi asked Maddie looking confused. "I'm laughing at how hard you're trying to hide the fact that you're offended. I'm good at reading people Demz. Unlike your Latin bible reading sister over there." I say with sass pointing at Maddie. Maddie looks at me and I look back at her and we both try to hold in our laugh but a muffled noise comes and then loud laughs erupt. Specially mine. Madds and I are laughing so hard tears stream down our faces. Demi on the other hand looks puzzled. Oh right she has no idea about what's happening.

So I take a breath and start explaining. "You know your sister was.." I see Maddie's pleading eyes. Guess it would be awkward to tell Dems her sister was wondering how I was able to acquire her friendship in such a short amount of time. " was... Telling me about a friend she has that like reading the bible and I was like, ok? But here's the twist she likes to read it in Latin. And just for you home schooled brain it's a dead language." Nice save Lexi. Demi starts laughing real hard and this gives Maddie some time to high five me and mouth. "Nice save!" Chuckle at how easily I was able to fool Demi.

"Dude that's crazy!" She says once she catches her breath. I give her one of my best sarcastic smirks and I can hear Maddie's muffled laugh but I guess Demi was in her own world. "So.." I was about to say something when max (Demi's bodyguard in case you don't know.) came in.

"Demi we need to go. Your tour bus is waiting." He said in a strong but kind of sad voice. "Well I guess I have to go baby girl." Demi says as she hugs Maddie. Demi looks sad as if she wanted to cry but she holds it in as she says. "I understand why your angry but.." Maddie cuts her of. "It's your job and that doesn't make you love me any less. I know. Someone made me realize that." Maddie said looking at me. I smile, happy that I got to help her. Demi hugs her once more giving a gentle kiss on the forehead. She then comes up to me. I wasn't expecting a proper goodbye since we only met about half a day ago but, we just seem to connect. That's why I'm taken back when Demi hugs me really tight. I guess she was trying to strong for Maddie but I could see the tears brimming in her eyes as she lay her head in the crook of my neck.

"You don't have to be strong with me. You know it's ok to cry right." I whisper into her ear. I immediately am greeted with soft sobs and Demi's body moving up and down I put my chin on her head but I'm reminded of the small accident with pain overcomes me. I'm able to control myself and just hug. Her arms around me neck and my arms wrapped around her waist as I try to console the shorty.

"I just wish I could stay here to get to know you and to bond with Mads." She says her sobs decreasing to cries. "You know you can still do that a month from now." I say loudly. But I whisper something only for her to know. "I'll take care of Mads Demi don't worry." I say. Her cries completely disappear when I start humming a lullaby. "Your an angel." She says softly I laugh and she starts to pull away. "Bye Demz see you soon." I say with a smile. I know Demi and I will be great friends. She hugs Mad one more time and the she walks out the door. Maddie has a tear slipping down her cheek. I try to lighten up the mood. "You Lovato's need to chill. You'll see each other in a month." Maddie laughs.

"I'm crying cause it's great to see my sister let it out with someone other than herself. She doesn't let me comfort her because she thinks she has to be strong. Good thing we have you now." She responds. I smile saying. "It's my honor." Ops that sounded way too formal. We both start laughing.

I started heading for the door when Maddie grabs my arm. "You now it'll be pretty cool if you stay." I smile silently accepting her invitation. "I don't think you've see the trampoline room." Giving me a devilish smile Maddie pulls me to a room. Ohh this is gonna be fun!!!

A/N: Another kind of short chapter but I hope you like it. Please vote that shit means a lot to me and make sure to leave a comment or chat with me if you see anything that I could improve. Please stay strong y'all.

Goodbye lovelies...