Chapter 22

"Why are you still here?" She asks, curiously.

"We would like to show you some audio we have of Brittney practically running the school since her father is the principal."

"Please sit." She says as she shuts the door and goes back to her chair. "Can you please play through the audio and pictures you have."

"This picture is when Brittney and Ashley were decorating Evelyn's locker with balloons and Principal Barnhart was helping." Annabelle shows the picture to the vice principal, "Another is when Elizabeth met Brittney outside the school to talk about Luke, Evelyn's brother." She plays the recording. "The other one is at the football game, Brittney and Ashley were talking to the cheer coach and sending death glares to Evelyn while Principal Barnhart was clearly able to see what was happening." She shows the picture, then of the one where Brittney "accidentally"ran into me and there was plenty of space to pass me without her hitting me. Her dads even in the picture, smiling. I pull out my phone for the recording.

"At lunch, I got lunch all over me when Brittney shoved herself into me. I went to change and Brittney and Ashley came in." I play the recording, holding it together when they mentioned Luke. Annabelle grabs my hand and I find strength to finish this thing. Once the recording finishes, I grab my phone to put it into my pocket.

"Well, this behavior certainly isn't tolerated, even if your father is the principal. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll go forward with the school board and I would like you two to be there." She asked us.

"Of course. Can we bring friends or do you want them to stay outside the door?"

"Of course you can bring friends. The next board meeting is Monday at 6pm. I can take you girls over there."

"Thank you so much." Annabelle and I stand up to leave and shake hands with the vice principal. "Have a great rest of your night." We open the door to leave and walk out to the front of the school to wait for Hale and May.

"Don't make any sudden movements." Something cold metal was pushed against my side and I glance over at Annabelle to see the same shock on her face as was on mine.

"W-what do you want?" I whisper, scared. I honestly have a list of what scares me, which isn't much, but suddenly, this just hit the very top of the list. A car pulls up and the two guys push us towards the car and into the backseat. Annabelle and I hold each others hands, considering if we'll never know if we'll make it out alive. We leave the school just as Hale pulls up. I look at Annabelle and she knows whats up. I turn the brightness down on the phone. Hale, May, and I have a code word for if something happens to one of us, we would automatically know what to do. We have yet to bring Mark, Annabelle, Derek, and Luke into it.

Hale: M0n$y

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hale's P.O.V

I dropped off Annabelle and Evelyn to get everything straightened out with the whole principal fiasco. 

"Still can't believe Luke's in the hospital." May says, leaning her head against the window.

"Neither can I. Every time I see Evelyn, I can see the guilt written on her face that she caused this." I reply when I start getting a funny feeling about something. "May, are you getting an odd feeling too?"

"Yeah, actually I am and I don't like it." She replies and I start the truck to drive to the front of the school and see a car leave with two girls who look a lot like Evelyn and Annabelle. I get a text from Evelyn.

Evelyn: M0n$y

"May, call the cops." I write down the license plate number on a piece of paper I have in the truck and the make and model of the car.

"Mark needs to know. Even though she was crying over Mark, she still loves him and he loves her." We drive to the hospital and head up to Luke's room. Mark, Derek, and Luke are what looks to be an intense conversation when Luke sees us.

"Hey guys, come on in, don't be shy." We walk in and May goes to Mark while I go to Derek. Luke sees what we're doing and he's alert. "What happened?"

"Get better, ok?" May says. The plan is to have Mark come with us while Derek stays behind to keep Luke company while also make sure no one tries to kill him. We walk out of the room and make it to the truck before Mark stops.

"Someone want to tell me what the heck is going on?"