Chapter 14

Evelyn's P.O.V

Hale got Dutch Bros and we drove over to the park. I grabbed my phone, my drink, and hopped out and walked with Hale towards the swings. We sat there and we just talked about each and everything. Hale is the one person who I can say practically anything and he doesn't make fun of me or anything. 

"Hey Evelyn, what happened at school today?" I sigh. Did I mention he can read me like an open book?

"I may have gotten myself suspended." I say quietly. Crap, i'm falling back into old habits. Hale took a drink, but spit it out.

"Little Evelyn got herself suspended." He starts laughing, "what did you do?"

"Well remember Elizabeth and how I threatened her little Mercedes with a baseball bat to her head? She told daddy and the guy practically dragged me into the office and yelled at the office ladies for no good reason." 

"He needs to leave. Two daughters, he favors them and he hates you." Hale glares at the ground

"Hale relax ok? Mark and I may have an idea, but problem is Luke demanded me to not see him. He's not a player at all. It's just the image that he got." I get up and walk into Hale's arms. I hear him sigh.

"I'm taking you home and i'm gonna have a chat with Luke."

"Promise me you won't get into a fight?" He nods and I get my stuff and head out to his truck. We pull out of the parking lot and head home. We pull up and Hale parks the truck before getting out. We walk to the door and I unlock it.

"Hey Luke, you home?" I yell once we're inside. I hear running down the stairs and see Luke coming down.

"Hey Evelyn. How was school?" He asks me and I look at Hale.

"You and Hale need to have a bit of a chat." I tell them, pushing them towards the living room.

"About what?" Luke asks me.

"Mark and what is really happening in school." I whisper and Hale grabs my hand, gives it a grasp, lets go and walks into the living room with Luke. I sigh and walk towards the kitchen when the doorbell rings.

"Who is it?" I say, walking towards the front door. 

"Mark and May." I gasp. Oh crap, Luke will have a fit. I open the door and quickly pull them into the house before shutting it. I look towards the living room and see Luke and Hale in conversation. I grab Mark and May, pulling them towards the back room.

"What happened?" Mark asks me, wrapping his arms around me. 

"Luke and Hale are talking. I got myself suspended and Luke thinks you are a bad example for his little sis." 

"What the hell is going on here?!" May looks at me with wide eyes and I slowly turn around to face Luke and Hale. Hale walks towards May, grabbing my arm on the way. Luke, on the other hand, gives Mark the brotherly staredown. I wrestle out of Hales grip and walk to Luke, trying to calm him down. 

"Luke pl-" I yelp as Luke pushes him behind me.

"What is Mark doing here?" Luke looks like he's to blow. Hale and May walk around towards me and pulls me away.

"What the fuck is happening?" I whisper, watching the staredown.

"Your sister is my girlfriend." Mark says, causing Luke to spin around and speed walk towards me.  Hale pushes me behind him as May wraps her arms around me. 

"Luke stop this instant!" I yell, making everything stop and everyone to look at me weird. "Damnit Luke, you're being irrational. If you've seen what the girls at school are trying to do to me, you'd be happy to have Mark on our side." I hold back the tears, "You don't hear the mean comments they say to me in passing, the judgment, the ridicule from the principal!" I felt tears running down my face and I quickly wipe them away. I feel two arms belonging to my best friends wrap around me.

"We'll get through this." May whispers. I lay my head on her shoulder and look at Luke who has a starstruck look on his face.

"Luke, it's because the girls are jealous your beautiful sister stole my heart before I even knew  she did. I promise I won't leave her side and if I do, Hale and May will be there." Mark tells Luke. 

'He just called me beautiful'

"Hey Eve, you're blushing." Hale says and I quickly hide my cheeks, embarrassed by them.

"If this so called love on my sister is true, then kiss my sister so I know whether or not to destroy your chance at kids." Mark winces before walking my way. May and Hale let me go after a quick hug and Mark stands in front of me. His blue eyes twinkle and his black hair lands in front of his eyes. I raise my hand up to move it off his eyes. He smirks before leaning towards me and his lips land on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, holding him closer to me and he wraps his arms around my waist. I trust Mark with my life. I know he would do anything to protect me.

"What the hell is going on here?!"