Chapter 4

Evelyn's P.O.V

It's finally lunchtime, so I put my stuff away in my locker and walk into the cafeteria. It suddenly goes quiet so I keep my head down. I don't want any trouble, just trying to last the rest of the day so I can see my best friends. I grab a pepperoni pizza and a vitamin water, pay for it, and walk outside to sit under my favorite tree. I pull out my phone and instead see a message from Hale which makes me smile.

Hale: May told me what happened. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. :(

Me: Hale, you're fine. I should be used to all this and I think it's getting worse with me being associated with the school player.

Hale: Hold up. Did you say school player? Oh damn. I never liked him.

I take a bit of my pizza.

Me: You know him?

Hale: Yeah I did. Bastard tried dating my sister. He has a bad rep Evelyn, just stay clear of him ok?

Me: I'll try, but i'm paired up with him in Chemistry and Home Ec.

Hale: Ok. May and I can think of something. I'll let you get back to your lunch.

I smile.

Me: To be perfectly honest, this say is complete crap and all I want to do is hang out with you guys. You guys are always there for me and I thank you for that.

The bell rings.

Me: Crap that was the bell. Good talking to you Hale and i'll see you later.

Hale: Take care Evelyn.

I put my phone away and throw away my trash before walking to my locker. I see a note sticking out of the locker.

"What the heck?" I whisper to myself. I pull it out and instantly gag at the smell of perfume.

'Roses are red

Violets are blue

Mark is mine

And you're history'

I fold it back up and put it in my bag. I grab my books for history and walk into class. I go to my normal seat and pull out my book. The teacher starts the lesson and we go through the class period. The bell rings and we all pack up and head out the door. I walk to the library since I help TA with the librarian.

"Hello dear." Mrs. Peacock tells me. She's working on protective covers for the new books we just got.

"Hi Mrs. Peacock." I return with a smile, grab the cart with the books and start putting them back on the shelves.

"Excuse me miss?" The Australian accent sounds familiar and I put the book back onto the cart, take a deep breath and turn to face him.

"Can I help you find something?" I smile, hoping I put on enough of a show that he doesn't notice me freaking out inside. Hale's warning is buzzing around in my head.

"Mrs. White called down for a class set of Macbeth. I'm here to retrieve them. I rack my brain to remember where the class sets are. I walk into the back room, turn the light on, and continue searching but keep coming up empty handed. I turn toward the door and see Mark leaning on the doorjamb with his arms crossed. I turn off the light.

"Excuse me." I say quietly. He moves and I walk over to the computer and search, but it says its checked in. "Where the hell can they be?" I mumble to myself, then decide to ask Mrs. Peacock.

"What do you need dear?"

"I'm looking for the class set of Macbeth. I looked in the back room, not there. I also checked the computer, but it says it's checked in."

"Hmm. Try looking at the check in list for it. It's in a binder on the table." I nod and walk back to get the binder and lay it on the desk.

"Something wrong?" I jump and forgot he was here. I take a deep breath and continue searching. I found the teacher so I call the extension.

"Mrs. Feller speaking."

"Hi. Sorry to interrupt, but i'm calling about the class set of Macbeth." I tell her and tapping my pencil on the desk.

"I'm sorry. I turned it in when it was due." She tells me.

"Ok. Thank you. Have a good day."

"You too. Hope you find the books." I hang up and lay my head on the desk trying to figure out where it went.

"Why don't I come back later." Damnit he scared me. I nod and he leaves, but not before I check out his retreating back. You can see the muscles in his shoulders and back and how I want to run my hands...

"Snap out of it!" I mumble. "He's the school player. I'm not his type. Plus I don't need to give anymore gossip to the local rumor mill." I sigh and finish putting books away when I see a note on the book cart. I look around for the person who put it there, but find myself and mrs. Peacock. I open it and it puts a smile on my face before I start to freak out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Let me know what you think of the book so far.

Like, comment, follow!

-SunSet