Chapter 15

"What the hell is going on here?!" A girl yells from the house causing Mark and I to break apart and his arms tighten around me.

"Who the hell is that?" Mark says. I look at May and Hale and they walk towards me.

"Elizabeth, what are you doing here?" Luke asks.

"Luke" the girl says, making her way towards my brother, "is that thing your sister?" I open and close my fists to keep myself from sending a few punches to her perfect face. Mark lets me go and walks towards the patio table.

"Ahhh!" I hear and I look to see May diving at Elizabeth, knocking her down onto the grass. "You watch what you say around Evelyn." Holy crap, I never seen that side of her. 

"What the hell happened to May?" Hale asks me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

"I have no idea, but honestly, I like this side of her." I smile before Derek runs through the door and pulling May off Elizabeth. 

"Let me go! She has no right to call my best friend a thing!! Ahh!" May yells. I'm now sick of this.

"Everyone shut up!!" I yell, causing everyone to look at me. I walk towards Elizabeth and we stand nose to nose. "Stop messing with my family and friends. You think you run the school because your father is the principal, nope sorry girlie. You guys are doing down." I spat at her, turning around and walking away.

"You need to learn your place. All you are is a wasted space. Brittney is gonna destroy you." She spats back. I turn around and run towards her, knocking her to the ground. 

"You all have been pushing me, bullying me and I would sulk away into a corner. Well not anymore." I slap her across the face, "This new Evelyn, isn't gonna put up with anymore of your crap." I twist her arm around, making her scream.

"Evelyn enough!" I feel two strong arms pick me up off Elizabeth and holding me against a firm chest. I start crying and I hear her laugh.

"She's just a crybaby." Elizabeth sneers. I can feel the rage roll off Mark.

"Easy there Tiger." I look up and tilt his chin towards me, making his normally blue eyes go dull. "Our bond is strong, nothing will break it up."

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I heard Evelyn say that to Mark and I soon realize I know a way to destroy their bond. I walk inside the house and make a phone call to my sister.

"What do you have?"

"I know a way to destroy her." I tell Brittney and hear her evil laugh.

"That, my dear, will be a brilliant plan." I smile, hanging up. I get in my car and smile back at the house. 

"Goodbye my dear Evelyn. Hope you survive what's coming to you."

Evelyn's P.O.V

Elizabeth just seemed off. 

"Now do you believe her?" May sneers at Luke. He still thinks his crazy ass girlfriend is the nicest girl ever. I walk over to the glider and sit down. It's getting dark and one by one, the stars are popping up in the sky. Someone sits down next to me and I look over to see Hale. I lay my head down on his shoulder and he wraps his arms around me.

"I'm scared. I don't like feeling vulnerable and Brittney is gonna ruin me." He rubs my back, relaxing me.

"Just stay strong Evelyn ok?" He tells me and I sigh, looking over at Luke, Mark and May having a heated debate.

"What are they talking about?" I yawn and slowly close my eyes.

"The current situation." I fall asleep and Hale picks me up bridal style, carrying me to my room. "Good night Evelyn." He lays me on my bed, pulls my blanket over me and kisses the top of my head.

"Good night Hale." I whisper.

Flashback - 5 years ago - 7th grade

"Attention students, there will be tryouts for the volleyball teams. Permission slips are located in room 2." The voice booms all around the school. I hear that and walk towards the room to get a permission slip before meeting up with my best friend, Angie. We walk together, talking about the day and once we get to the corner, we slip up.

"Bye Evelyn, see you tomarrow." Angie says.

"Bye Angie." I wave and we walk our seperate ways. Mom is home and I unlock the door, entering the house. I sit down at my desk, starting my homework. I hear the door open and I put down my pencil to meet my mom.

"Hey how was work?" I ask her. 

"It was good. Your father will be home later."  I nod and remember the form and run to my room, grabbing it out of my backpack before running back into the living room and handing it to her.

"Its for volleyball. Can I try out?" I ask. She looks it over and signs it before handing it back to me.

"Of course." I give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Im home!" My dads voice bellows from the doorway. I meet him and he picks me up, giving me a hug. "How's my little shortcake doing?" I giggle at my nickname.

"Dad, i'm not little anymore." I kiss him on the cheek before he sets me down and gives my mom a kiss. My brother is in his first year of college studying to be an architect at Pratt Institutes in New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day for tryouts come and we all meet in the gym. We go over basic volleyball things and pretty soon, the third day was when we would find out who would get picked. Twelve girls already got picked and I started to lose hope. 

"Evelyn Smith." I was the last girl to get picked, but I was happy. I made it onto a team. I was the stat girl and shortly, some girls from the team started picking on me, making fun that I liked Rachel Ray on Facebook and all this stuff. I was starting to not feel like I was welcomed. It went on all throughout 7th grade year. I considered it the school year of hell.