Chapter 17

When I woke up, I jumped a bit before realizing I was in my bedroom on my bed instead of on the couch like last night. I reach over to grab my phone off the bedside table and check the time. 

9:30am

I stretch and slowly make my way out towards the bathroom. Red marks prickle my body and everything from last night comes flooding back. I sigh and head out of the bathroom.

"Ow!" I stop at the voice.

"May?" The figure on the floor next to my bed moves and her head pops out. "Oh crap May i'm so sorry!" I reach down to give her a hug and she's laughing.

"I should've said something to signal I was here." I laugh and help her up. We walk downstairs and I laugh at the sight. Luke is sleeping on the couch, while Hale and Mark moved the coffee table to make room for them and Hale's arm is draped over Mark. I pull out my phone and take a picture.

"Blackmail evidence." I whisper. I walk into the kitchen and rummage around in the refrigerator till I find a thing of cinnamon rolls. I pull them out, show them to May who nods and we put breakfast together. We pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. I look over once I heard stirring and a second later a girly scream. Mark looks at Hale who has this freaked out facial expression and they jump ten feet away from each other, running into Luke.

"What the heck man?" May and I sit on the bar stools, watching the scene unfold in front of us.

"Dude, he had his arm draped around me." Mark exclaimed. 

"Seriously? My arm does stupid things, things I don't even know about!" Hale shouts then lifts his nose up in the air, "what's that smell?" The guys follow suit.

"Surprise dorks, breakfast is in the oven." I tell them.

"Evelyn, what's all over your arms?" Mark asks me, walking over to me.

"It's just from the thorns when Elizabeth threw me in the bushes last night." I reply, hoping off the bar stool to check breakfast. May pulls me aside.

"You feeling ok Evelyn?" She asks. 

"Yeah why wouldn't I?"

"Your face looks pale." I grab my phone and turn on the selfie mode and indeed see my face pale as a ghost. I check my arms and see the redness have spread.

"Crap i'm allergic to rose bushes." I reply as I start to feel lightheaded. I see everyones faces, but their blurry and I faint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and look around my room. Wait how did I get back into my room if I was in the kitchen with everyone? I try to get up, but find something holding me down. I hear a soft snoring and turn my head to find Mark next to me sleeping. I take the time to look over his features. You can defiantly tell that he is a football player, his short black hair falls in front of his eyes. I snuggle up to him and slowly walk my fingers up his chest and bop him on the nose. He opens his eyes and looks into mine.

"Hey Evelyn." He whispers and rolls onto his back so I can lay my head on his chest. 

"Hey. We didn't do anything right?" I ask, nervous and shyness creeping into my voice.

"No, we didn't. You passed out so I carried you up here, but never in my life would I ever take advantage of someone while they are not in their right mind." I smile and kissed him on the lips.

"That is why I love you." I whisper and he wraps his arms around me tighter. 

"I love you too." I smile and snuggle into him, falling asleep.

"What the hell is going on here?" Luke shouts from the bedroom doorway. Mark wraps his arm around me tightly and moves himself up to leave against the headboard. 

"Luke, he wouldn't do anything to hurt me." I say quietly. 

"Get out Mark." Luke walks to the edge of the bed and grabs Mark by the arm and pulls him off the bed, only to find Mark fully clothed. 

"Luke stop!" I jump out of bed and grab my brothers arm. Mark looks at me with admiration in his eyes. "Mark would never hurt me. He cares about me. As Hale would say, I stole the bad boys heart." I smile.

"You sure about that Eve?" Luke glares at me but I stand my ground. 

"Just please Luke, Mark is one of the best things that ever happened to me." I ask sweetly. I see Hale and May watching the scene unfold in front of us. I usher over to them and Hale wraps me in a hug.

"It's gonna be ok." He tells me. I watch as Luke holds out his hand to Mark who accepts it. 

"Brothers, but if I find out you did funny business with my sister, I will make sure you can't have any Mark jrs." Luke tells Mark who has a scared look on his face. I run up to Luke and give him a hug.

"Thank you Luke." I grab Marks hand and we head downstairs to see the time is 7:30am. I realize that I have school, so I shove Luke out of my room along with Hale and I shut the door to get ready. I grab a black half sleeved shirt with a little bit of a v-neck, my favorite pair of jeans, and my almost knee high fuzzy boots. I grab my jean jacket, my backpack, my phone and head downstairs.

"Evelyn, what are you doing?" Hale asks me.

"I have school." I look around to find Mark already ready for school. I give my brother and friends hugs before we leave for school. We get to the school and once I get out, all talking stops and all you hear is people whispering at the fact that a nobody like me got a ride to school with Mark, the hottest quarterback ever.

"Ready Eve?" Mark asks me, standing next to the door. I nod and get out and shut the door.

"Let's get this over with."