Chapter 12

Evelyn's P.O.V

We stick around and wait for Mark. I see him walk out with his bag and I run up to him and he has a smile on his face. He puts his bag down and picks me up and swings me around in circles.

"Evelyn baby." He whispers and I hide my face in the crook of his shoulder.

"Ok lovebirds." May says and he puts me down. I feel something on my hand and I look down and see Marks hand trying to tickle me. I look straight ahead and wrap my hand in his, smiling to myself. We walk out to the cars and see someone slashed the tires on Hale's truck.

"You got to be kidding me." I let go of Mark's hand and run up to Hale to give him a hug. His arms go around my waist.

"Hale, i'm sorry." I tell him. I do feel terrible, I caused all this to come upon everyone I love just by even associating myself with Mark Jensen. I let go of Hale and start walking.

"Evelyn where you going?" May yells. I pull out my phone to text her.

Me: I feel like everything is my fault.

May: It's not. It's just some jealous ex girlfriend who just wants Mark back. Don't lose it girl. I can see the bond between you two is unbreakable.

Me: You're right. I'm turning back now.

I turn around and notice i'm in a different area. It looks gloomy and kinda sketchy looking.

'Crap, how far did I walk?'

I call May. She picks up.

"Can you come get me? I have no fricking idea where I am." I hear yelling in the background.

"Of course. We're loading up into Marks mustang." I tell her where I am or at least a streetsign I see. I hear a muscle car and I look and see a blue striped mustang. 

"Evelyn!" Hale jumps out of the car and runs up to me. I hug him and start crying.

"All those evil things she said about me. She ruined me forever." I sob onto Hales shirt and he rubs circles on my back.

"We'll get her back, just you wait. Come on, Marks waiting for us." I sniffle and Hale gets in the back with May and Derek and I get shotgun. I shut the door and Mark grabs my hand.

"Don't do that to me again." I nod and we drive off towards a small club off the ocean that no one really knows about. Mark parks the car and we all get out, Mark finding my hand once again. We walk inside and immediately met with flashing lights and the smell of sweat. We find a booth and we all get in. Mark slides in next to me, grabbing my hand. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Did you see what Brittney did to that poor girl?" I hear from the bar and I tighten my grip on our entangled hands. I nod my head out towards the dance floor and he nods, making our way onto the floor. I wrap my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my waist and we just dance.

"Oh my god it's her!" The girl starts laughing. I walk up to her.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask. Everyone got quiet and my friends are looking at me shocked.

"You have no right to talk to me like that!" We stand eye to eye and look at each other.

"I'm asking what your fricking problem is. No need to get bent out of shape." That earns me a punch to the jaw. I swing my legs around, knocking her off balance. "Don't fricking mess with me." I walk away and the girl is looking at me shocked. 

"Holy crap Evelyn. I know how we can get back at Brittney." May, Derek, and Hale run up to me, "Also, how did you learn how to do that?"

"I just learned it I guess." I smile and Mark wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"That's my girl. We drive back and I try to give Hale money to fix his truck, but he denies, saying it isn't my fault this happened to his truck. We drive to my house and as Hale, May and I get out, Mark asks me for my phone.

"Why?" I ask him a bit shocked.

"So I can call the girl who stole my heart." He smiles and gives me my phone back. I smile and wave and he drives off, leaving us to head inside.

"Mom, i'm home." Luke comes running down the stairs with a baseball bat. 

"Where is the guy?!" Hale, May and I look at each other confused.

"Luke, are you ok? I was with my friends the whole time."

"My girlfriend told me that she caught you and Mark Jensen making out. I don't want you anywhere near him." 

"Where is that bitch." I sneer and wrestle the bat from Luke's hand.

"Holy crap, who are you and what have you done with my sister?" 

"I'm still me, but this Evelyn is sick and tired of people of walking all over her and dictating who she can and can't be around." 

"My little sister is growing up." He wraps me in a hug.

"Luke baby, who's here?" My eyes zero in on the female voice and run up the stairs, opening up the door and I see Elizabeth trying to sneak out. I smile evily and run up to her, grabbing her shirt and pulling her back inside the room. 

"Hi Evelyn." 

"Don't you fricking dare being all nicey nice. I know you're only dating Luke to get back at me." I take the baseball bat and swing it down next to her head. "Next time you try to ruin me, i'll ruin your perfect little Mercedes coupe starting with the windows." I smile.

"What are you walking about?" I throw the bat and start fighting Elizabeth. 

"You know what i'm talk-" I stop and listen to a phone call.

"Elizabeth, tell Luke that his little sister is turning into a deliquent." Oh hell no. I grab the phone from Elizabeth's pocket.

"Listen to me you bitch, leave my fucking family alone." I yell into the phone and hang up. Elizabeth gets up, kisses my brother, and leaves through the window.

"Evelyn, relax." Hale tells me, wrapping his arms around me. I fall asleep and someone carries me to my room. "Good night Evelyn."