montgomery de la cruz [4]

i stared at the screen in disbelief. how could he do something like this to me. every i love you, every kiss, every meaningful thing he's ever said to me was a lie. i wanted to cry but i couldn't i was frozen as i stared at the five words sheri sent me. i knew my beloved boyfriend was hiding something from me i just thought he was cheating on me but as i'm reading sheri's message i would of rather he cheated.

i walked into the school with my head held high. i needed to confront him. "y/n? i didn't think you would come." my best friend sheri said running up to me and giving me a hug. "yea well i need to confront him" i replied. sheri looked at me and frowned. she knew i was hurting and that talking to him would make things worse but she also knew that this was something i had to do. she knew i needed this.

"hey babe" i heard his voice and saw him coming closer to me. "don't call me that" i was more angry than i was sad. "why what happened?" montgomery spoke confusion written all over his face. "i meant nothing to you montgomery" "how could you say that? you know i love you" "bullshit" i yelled opening sheri's messages and showing him the text. "i was nothing but a bet to you. you never loved me. everything you said to me was a lie. i hate you montgomery!" i shouted. by now people were staring at us but i didn't care. "no babe i can expl-" "i don't want to speak to you. i don't even want to see you. just leave me the fuck alone" i cut him off. "we're done" i added. i reached for the necklace he had given to me and yanked it off. i threw it at him and walked away.

i ran and found sheri during lunch and told her what had happened. "you really love him" her voice was soft. she knew i was holding back tears. "how could he?" i finally let the tears stream down my face. sheri pulled me into a hug and let me cry. "y/n can we talk" a familiar voice spoke. "haven't you done enough" sheri said before i could even process his words. "look i just want to explain please just give me five minutes and if you still hate me i'll never speak to you again" i lifted my head off of sheri's shoulder and turned to look at monty. he looks just as bad as I probably do. if we were still together i would of wrapped my arms around him but i held myself back. "you have three minutes" i said. sheri gave me a sad smile before getting up and leaving monty and i alone.

"bryce bet me to get you to fall in love with me and then break your heart and if i was successful he would pay me $500. but when we started dating i couldn't hurt you. i truly do love you y/n. i never even wanted the money" he explained. "how long?" i asked. "what?" he asked confused. "how long was i only a bet to you?" i asked again. he sighed and responded "only a couple of weeks when we started dating." i looked away from him as more tears streamed down my face. part of me wants to forgive him and the other part wants me to hate him. "please talk to me. tell me you hate me and i'll leave. i won't bother you anymore" monty's voice cracked. he looked like he was about to burst into tears. "i can't" i whispered. monty's face fell and he started walking away but i grabbed his wrist. "i can't hate you" i spoke.

he sat beside me and wrapped me in his arms. "i'm sorry. i'm so so sorry" monty cried. "you're lucky i love you" i mumbled. "i'm giving you one last chance montgomery you better not fuck it up" i added wrapping my arms around his neck. he smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead. "i promise you i won't." he then pulled out the necklace he had in his pocket and placed it back around my neck. "god i love you."