14.

I didn't know what to say,
I just knew I needed to say something
I spent a long time thinking about it.
~

Dear Princess.. My Princess,

I never meant any hurt you.. I never meant to break your trust and on more than one occasion. Truth is-

" What's the truth?" I asked myself. " What can I say to her? How do I say it?"

Then I started to think and I knew I only needed to be honest with her and myself.. I needed to tell my truth. So again; I started over.

Dear Princess,

I know what I did to you was wrong.. I felt it but I went against it. I took the trust you found in yourself to give me and manipulated it when all I wanted to do was give you my all. This is not me asking you for forgiveness but simply me admitting my wrongs...

Princess I was wrong- Terribly wrong. I'd hurt you worse than before and I feel like a monster. I never wanted to become one but I did and thinking about my actions only continues to destroy me. I acted on impulse instead of acting on the situation that was presented in front of me.

My intentions were to show you how much you meant to me, how much I care about you and how I just wanted the pain to go away. I take one hundred percent of the responsibility for everything I did to you.... I just never wanted to lose you because you are special to me. You're not a phase or anything like that, you're worthy of being treated like a queen. You are so much in one person that it's so scary. You're smart, you're funny, you're trustworthy, you're reliable, you're levelheaded and my god are you beautiful.

You are one of the people I cherish the most. I'm sorry.

Ohaji.

~

" My gosh." Paris didn't know whether to cry or just let it go.

" Princess!" Barry yelled making Paris put away the letter. " Are you ready to go sweetheart?"

Paris gave a smile and stood up to hopefully distract her father. " Yes, I'm ready."

" Are you okay, Princess?"

" I'm fine." She smiled grabbing her clutch. " I can't wait to enjoy tonight."

" So I can brag about my amazing daughter and you can mingle with a couple familiar faces and new ones." He sung hugging his daughter. " Sounds good?"

" Yeah, it sounds great."

Barry and Paris were off and on their way to this luxurious mansion all the way in the valley. Once they arrived, they both greeted familiar faces then parted ways.

" Wow, you're not sneaking that glass off champagne are you?"

Paris scrunched up her face and turned around ready to go off until she saw who it was. " I'm a woman now."

" How are you, beautiful?" He smiled pulling her into a hug.

" I'm great, bucketheeeead." She sung greeting her friend. They'd attended so many events together over the years and it was fun being able to hang with other kids that weren't so stuffy.

" Buckethead?" He asked. " Wow, I can't just be Demetri today?"

Paris looked at him and shook her head. " No, but you can always be my Buckethead."

" Okay Chubbs, I thought we'd be allot more polite to each other seeing that we're both young adults." Demetri smiled taking her hand to guide into a private area.

" We are young adults and we've both grown up quite nicely."

" Wait a minute." Demetri smiled standing up. " Was that a compliment? Did I just recieve a compliment from THEE Paris Mitchell?"

" Don't give yourself a bigger head than the one you already got now." Paris laughed shoving him a little.

" I'm not getting a big head, I just know what a compliment sounds like when I hear one." Demetri smiled. " It's just like me admitting that everytime I see you, you get even more beautiful than the last time."

" Well thank you, Demetri." She smiled sipping her champagne. " You finally grew into your features, but not your ears."

" I know, my little satellite dishes." He laughed making her smile. " How've you been?"

" I've been fine." She shrugged. " My dad and I just moved back here a little while ago. So we've been fine with that. What's been up with you?"

" Doing well, I'm about to go to Italy for a little while.. See what that's about for a bit."

" Oooh travel, you know I like traveling." She smiled with her whole face beginning to light up.

" We're young adults and I would love to have a companion... A companion that's as beautiful as you are."

Paris couldn't help but to smile and the fact that she tried to hide it made it even cuter. " How exactly do you I don't have someone in my life?"

" Do you?" He asked.

" The better question is do you? I've known you since we were little and I know for a fact that you can have anyone whenever you want."

Demetri sighed and rubbed his face with a smile. " What's his name?"

" Ohaji, things are kind of complicated right now and I don't want any unnecessary drama."

" There would be no unnecessary drama if he was treating you right at the moment, am I right?"

Paris was left puzzled for a second. She had no response because it was true. " Wrong, I know him and I know his heart.. It was a mistake and everything was taken too far.. On his end and mine as well."

" Knowing his heart can blind from his actions." Was his response. " P, I don't want to come between you and your man but I just want to hang with my girl. While he's not doing right you shouldn't be suffering. You should exploring, happy and everything."

" And you think you can make me happy?" She asked sipping her champagne.

" Give me the chance and I'll show you."

Paris gave Demetri her best poker face to mask how she really felt. She did enjoy Demetri's company and he was a generous guy... She wasn't talking to Ohaji, she did care for him but he wasn't going to get away with this.

After all; she did deserve to have fun because it wasn't her fault.

What could possibly go wrong?