5.

The next morning as she was getting ready for work, Afeni walked into Ohaji's room to check on them. This time, they were in his bed, Paris slept comfortably wrapped in his comforter while Ohaji laid on top of the comforter with a blanket over him and rubbing her cheek.

" What are you doing up so early?" Afeni chuckled leaning against the threshold of the door.

Ohaji shrugged his shoulders and looked back over at Paris. " I was just thinking about last night with her."

" What happened?"

" Earlier that day, I found something in her and she almost had a heart attack seeing it. I didn't pressure her to talk about it but at the party she apologized  for snapping. She opened up to me last night."

The way Ohaji looked at Afeni, she could tell it threw him off a little bit. In his eyes was something people experienced when being in love. His eyes held fear, sincerity and a strong desire that was noticeable across a dark room.

" What did you do?"

" I mean, I held her close. I made her feel better, I want her to tell me when something's wrong. I want to make sure she's okay all the time." Ohaji looked over at Paris and gently rubbed her cheek trying not to wake her.

" You really care about her, don't you?" Afeni asked smiling at her son, he's never heard him talk or act the way he does with Paris.

" Yeah, I think I do." His eyes were soften and only speaking just above a whisper. He'd tried to resist the urge to smile but couldn't help it.

" I usually don't act like this about girls who I'm cool with but I just hate seeing guys smile at her or try to approach her... I'm just like no, get away from her. It feels weird. I don't like being territorial but I just want to keep her safe with me."

" Love is a crazy thing." Afeni sung walking away from the door.

She'd checked one more time before she left, seeing Ohaji had fallen asleep with Paris now laying her head on his chest. She'd only hoped that the two had the best and that it wasn't just any little game... For the first time, she'd actually want this for her son.

~

When Ohaji noticed Paris beginning to stir around, he couldn't resist trying to wake her up since he'd yet again,  waken up before her.

" Wake up, wake up, wake up." He whispered in her ear as she stretched.

Paris looked at him for a quick second then laid right back down. " Haj, I'd appreciate it if you didn't bother me while I'm asleep."

" But you're up now, so get up so we can go about our days." He sung patting her back. " C'mon sleepy."

Paris sucked her teeth and got up sat up against the headboard making Ohaji wrap his arm around her waist.

" What are we going to eat?"

" Well damn, I don't get a good morning and you just asking me about food?!" He snapped laughing. " Woooow, damn P."

" A husband is supposed to have breakfast ready for his wife, right?"

" Uuuh no, not if he doesn't get a ' Goodmorning Husband.' From his wife. So try it, try telling me Goodmorning."

Although Paris thought this was absolutely comical, she just giggled and shook her head. " Good morning, husband."

Ohaji smiled then leaned over giving Paris a pop kiss. " Good morning, Wife."