11.

My summer's gone frigid.

~

" Why do I feel like you've been siting on the couch all day?" Barry asked dropping his bag on the side of the couch.

" Because I have." Paris chuckled rubbing Buckwheat's back. " We've been sitting here watching TV."

" Have you eaten?" Her only response was a simple nod. Barry didn't know what to do and it infuriated him a little. He was her father and could barely comfort her, he doesn't know what goes through a girls mind.

Barry stood there for a second looking at his little girl then went upstairs to get out of his work clothes. He figured to have her talk about it would make her feel better.

" C'mon princess." He said standing over her. " Come upstairs so we can talk."

Paris looked up at Barry with her arms out wanting him to pick her up. " Please?"

" No, you're eighteen and I'm in my  fifties, I'm not picking you up. You won't throw my back out."

Paris gave Barry puppy dog eyes knowing he'd give in to her. He tried so hard not give in but did it anyway, she was still his little girl.

They went upstairs to her room and sat down silently.. Awkwardly as well. Barry didn't know what to say and Paris just didn't want to any talking.

" Okay Princess, I'm going to be honest." He started. " I have no idea what to say or how you're feeling right now so just tell me exactly how you feel then we'll go from there."

" If I tell you how I feel you can't go over to his house and beat him up or hurt him."

" We've been over this, I won't kill him." Barry smiled making Paris laugh. " I can't hurt him or anything because you don't want me to but if you change your mind, so help me god..."

" I know you will daddy." She smiled. " I honestly don't know. I kind of feel hurt but then again I feel like I shouldn't be. We've spent so much time talking, being around each other and everything that it just.... I don't know."

" No, keep going.. You're doing good and I'm listening."

Paris got quiet for a second and started playing with her nails feeling stupid for what it is that she was about to say..  " Daddy, I thought he was different... He seemed so genuine like really wanted to be with me.."

" I know Princess." Barry sung now stroking his daughter's hair.

" We'd talk so much to see how things would look for us in the future as people. He's so ambitious and goal oriented, he makes his money, he's a good guy but I don't understand."

" Princess I'm going to be honest." He started like he was about to say something serious.  " Boys are dumb." He shrugged.

" What? Why would you..why would you say that, even though it's true."

" We can't help it, now I'm not telling you that this is an excuse for guys to treat you any kind of way, b-"