[6] Tonight, Tonight

Dedicated to sadviolin0703, for being the first one (who has not already had a dedication) to comment last chapter!

Picture of Brett on the side --->

Anyway, on with it...

--

It's you and me and,

We're running this town.

And it's you and me and,

We're shakin' the ground,

And ain't nobody gonna tell us to go

'Cause this is our show

~Tonight, Tonight- Hot Chelle Rae

      Come on, Raine, you can do this. You're the best at Lollipop. Just do it quickly. Come on. You've done this a million times before. I chanted in my head. I leaned in closer to Kaden, and tried to ignore his overwhelmingly familiar cologne as I pushed his lips open. Oh god, this is so, so, so awkward. It wasn't even this awkward when I had to do it to Clark last summer. I pushed the lollipop to the side of his mouth and tried to flip it onto my tongue. It didn't work.

      I had to lean even closer, which caused me to almost fall into his chest. I could hear Kallie giggling from beside us. I am going to kill her for making me do this. I tried for the lollipop again. It kept slipping off my tongue. This wouldn't work, I'd need my teeth. Digging my nails into my palm, I reluctantly pressed my lips to Kaden's and snagged the lollipop with my teeth, keeping it locked on my tongue as I pulled away.

      I leaned away from him, slightly dizzy, and moved back to my old spot. I was about to pull the lollipop out of my mouth, but Kallie stopped me with a shake of her head.

      "You know the rules, Raine; you have to keep it in your mouth until it's gone," she said, grinning. I grimaced and glared at her, before pouting. Kallie just shook her head and laughed, then gestured to the bottle.

      "You're turn, Raine," she told me. I sighed, and spun the bottle which landed on Brett. Now it was my turn to grin. Revenge is sweet. Brett took one look at the smile on my face and gulped. I held back a laugh and changed my smile from creepy/ evil to sweet and innocent. I almost, almost felt bad for him, but because he probably would've dared me to do the same thing or worse if it had been him who dared me instead of Kallie, I didn't feel too bad.

      "Truth or dare, Brett?" I asked, dropping my grin, though it felt like it was still trying to tug the corners of my mouth up. As creepy as that sounded, it was true!

      Brett gulped again. "Uh, dare," he finally said after a long pause. I started grinning uncontrollably while everyone else stared at me like I was insane. Though, there is quite the possibility that I am insane.

      "This is a secret," I leaned over to Brett. "I dare you to dramatically and kind of cruelly break up with Kallie, then go out onto the street, loudly confess you're gay and kiss the first guy you see." I whispered in his ear, still smiling madly. I leaned away. "And we're allowed to film it," I declared. All the colour had drained from Brett's face. I waved a hand over his face. "You there?" He didn't respond. Okay, I guess he just lost his voice.

      Clark chuckled. "Whoa, I guess whatever you said made him speechless." I just shrugged and kept grinning.

      Suddenly Brett snapped out of it. "Can I not do that dare?" He asked, sounding almost desperate.

      I pretended to consider it for a moment, "Yeah, you could not do that dare, but then you'd have to kiss someone." I looked around the circle for my victim. "Clark, pucker up." An expression of disgust crossed his face and he moved away from Brett.

      Brett looked equally disgusted. "Actually, I think I'll do the dare." He decided and took a deep breath. I rubbed my hands together in anticipation. Everyone looked slightly amused and very confuzzled. This is going to be one heck of a show.

      He gulped for the third time in 5 minutes and started. "Kallie, I'm breaking up with you." Kallie's jaw dropped and she looked at him with a 'WTF?' look. Then realization lit her eyes and she decided to play along.

      "But, Brett, why?" She sobbed. Clark and Annabelle were looking amused while Kaden looked ready to murder his best friend. Wow, he's kind of slow... I caught his eye and mouthed, 'This is an act'. Kaden relaxed when I told him this. I pulled out my iPod and began taping it like I promised. As soon as he's done, I'm posting this on YouTube, definitely.

      "Really, our time together has just become more effort than you're worth," Brett replied smoothly, using the over-used line.

      Thwack!

      The sound of Kallie's hand meeting Brett's face echoed through the room. "Don't give me that B.S." she said mock angrily. "I'm perfect!" She exclaimed and stuck her nose in the air. She turned back to Brett. "Now, what's the real reason?" Kallie asked in a dramatic voice. She must love this. She can finally do something dramatic without looking weird.

      "I'm...I'm...I'm gay!" Brett choked out. This did it. Clark, Annabelle, Kaden and I all cracked up laughing. I did my best to keep my iPod steady, but it kept shaking. Finally, I gave up and passed my iPod to Annabelle who seemed to have calmed herself. Kallie did a good job of looking surprised, then doubtful. Brett then got up and walked out the door. Kallie followed him out, holding back a grin. Annabelle and I got up and followed them, but Clark and Kaden hung back.

      Brett walked until he reached the sidewalk, and then stopped. He looked back at us, and he had almost this pleading expression on his face that said 'don't make me do this, please'. I just looked at him and smiled. "You're already half done it!" I semi-encouraged, holding back a laugh. He was lucky though, the street was pretty empty, and even though there were opened windows, there weren't too many houses. The Flemings lived in a pretty quiet and exclusive.

      "I'm gay!" Brett shouted to the empty street, throwing his arms in the air. After a moment of silence, he dropped them and turned to me. "Raine, there's no one on the..." He started, looking around.

      I shushed him, "Someone will come." After another 2 minutes, a dirty man who looked to be in his late 30's came around the corner. Brett looked horrified. As the old man approached, my expression turned to match Brett's. He, was the guy who had tried to, ahem, me at Wal-Mart. I heard Brett sigh, ten he walked up to the man, and kissed him.

      Then, the something else happened. The man began to kiss back. I doubled over laughing, and out of the corner of my eye, saw Annabelle do the same. Kallie looked a bit pissed, but she was also grinning. I heard Clark and Kaden come up behind us and they also laughed at the sight. Brett tried to push away without hurting the man, but the man wouldn't let him, so Brett had to slap off his arms and run away screaming.

      He came back to us and glared at me. "I. Hate. You," he said as he stormed inside. Annabelle handed my iPod back to me. "It died halfway through the kiss." She told me apologetically.

      I shrugged. "Oh well, at least we got to capture some of it." I followed everyone back inside. "I'll be right back." I declared and raced up the stairs to my temporary room, doing my best not to trip and fall. I grabbed the iPod dock and brought it downstairs. I plugged it in and waited for my iPod to get some energy into it. "Radio or playlist?" I asked everyone without looking up.

      "Radio," They chorused. Aww, I didn't like most songs on the radio, but oh well, I could deal. I just hope it's not something too bad. Some of the songs are like porno for your ears, I swear. When my iPod finally rose from the dead, I unlocked it and opened the radio app. Music blasted into the room and I resisted the urge to cover my ears. After I turned it down, I moved the dock closer to the wall, just in case something crazy happened.

      "Raine?" Brett asked.

      "Yeah?" I replied, still not turning around. I fiddled with the iPod a bit more before finally deciding it was fine and leaving it. Moving back to my seat, I looked at Brett with a raised eyebrow, waiting for him to respond.

      "Kaden was staring at your ass," he answered bluntly. I choked on air and quickly looked over at the guy in question, who was staring at his best friend in shock and disbelief. Annabelle, Kallie, and Clark wore expressions of amusement. Gee, my non-existent love life seems to amuse them a lot.

      "I have nothing to say to that, and I definitely don't believe it," I said slightly self-conscious, then motioned for Brett to spin the bottle. Luckily, he complied and left the subject alone. The bottle landed on Annabelle.

      "Truth or dare, Bells?" Brett asked, grinning at Annabelle, who was looking intently back at him. I'm really starting to think she could read minds. I mean, with the way she's looking at him, it's like she's trying to, or maybe she's just really good at reading eyes. I don't know. Annabelle always seems to be able to guess what you're thinking.

      "Truth, I guess," She finally decided. Brett pouted a bit, then immediately brightened up. I don't think her truth's going to be as bad as her dare probably would've been, but it's still probably going to be pretty bad.

      "Okay, your partner wants to a professional photographer to take intimate photos of you, do you let them?" Brett asked.

      Annabelle bit her lip. "Depends on who my partner is," she said stalling.

      Brett rolled his eyes. "Clark, obviously," he replied and tapped his fingers against the floor, impatient for Annabelle's answer.

      Annabelle tapped her finger against her chin in a thinking motion. "No," she said slowly. Clark faked a disappointed look, but Annabelle just laughed at him. Thank god, if she had said yes, I'd be seriously worried for her sanity.

      Annabelle spun the bottle and it landed on Kallie. "Truth or dare, Kal?" She asked. Kallie, grinned, which was slightly odd because usually the victim's cowering in fear, or nervous. But then again, it's Annabelle doing the daring or truthing and she's usually pretty easy going with it.

      "Dare," Kallie responded confidently.

      But I guess Annabelle wasn't feeling so easy going tonight because the next words out of her mouth were, "I dare you to lick ranch dressing from Raine's belly button." Argh! Why do these things always happen to me! I hate ranch dressing, and they all know that if anyone even touches my belly button, I collapse in a fit of giggles.

      "Bells, please don't," I looked at her pleadingly. She just shook her head and poked her tongue out at me.

      "Get down, Raine," she demanded. Sighing, I laid down and pulled up my shirt to expose my stomach. I couldn't refuse. We had this rule, if the dare involved another person, they couldn't back out, or they'd have to kiss someone, with tongue, of the group's choosing. Clark brought some ranch dressing from the kitchen and dumped a dollop of it into my belly button. I bit my lip and fought the urge to laugh.

      "I hate you for this, Bells," I told her as Kallie leaned down. I closed my eyes and did my best to stay still. This is going to be torture. I felt a bit of pressure and bit back another laugh, though I think I shook a bit.

      "Hold still, Raine," Kallie told me.

      "I'm trying! It tickles," I protested. After what felt like a gazillion years, she was done. I winced. "Ew. Now I smell like ranch dressing," I whined, glaring at Annabelle, who was trying, and not really succeeding at holding back a laugh.

      Kallie spun the bottle and it landed on Clark. "Truth or dare?" She asked him.

      "Dare," he replied without a hesitation. I think I sense one of Kallie's wacky dares coming up, as payback.

      "I dare you to put on a blindfold, spin around 3 times, then try and find someone, and once you have, lip lock with them whether they're a guy or girl." Kallie declared. I got up and grabbed a cloth from the kitchen. After handing it to Clark, I sat down, but moved a bit away from him, just in case. Kallie spun Clark around and then let him go. He ended up grabbing Brett, who looked horrified.

      "Am I allowed seeing who it is?" Clark asked.

      "Nope." Kallie replied popping the 'P'. Clark grimaced then kissed Brett. He pulled off the blindfold then pulled away wiping his mouth in disgust. Brett did the same. Wow, I guess Brett ended up kissing Clark anyway.

      "Why, is it that I'm always the one who ends being kissed by guys?" Brett complained. Everyone ignored him.

      "Clark, why don't you just truth or dare, Kaden, then we can call it a night," Kallie suggested, rubbing her eyes. I checked the clock, it wasn't too late, only about half after nine, but it'd been a long and pretty tiring day.

      Clark nodded. "Truth or dare?"

      "Dare," Kaden replied without skipping a beat. That made it so Annabelle was the only one who had chose truth. Usually, I chose truth too, but like I said before, it wasn't the greatest time. Clark sighed and a thoughtful expression crossed his face as he wondered what dare to give Kaden. Suddenly, an evil smile appeared on his face like a light switch. It looked scarily similar to Kallie's. Whoa. She must be rubbing off on everyone.

      "Kaden, I dare you to go next door, sneak into Ms. Fielder's house, take one of her cats and a pair of her underwear, then show up on her doorstep with the cat wearing the underwear," Clark said. Everyone's, I think, except for Clark's, jaw dropped. You know how people joke about people growing up to be old, mean, crazy and living with a bazillion cats? Ms. Fielder was the perfect example of that. She lived next door, and had more than once complained about noise, when it had been almost quiet. She was bitter and disliked everyone.

      "No. I'm not doing that. Just no," Kaden declared. For a couple moments, except for 'You Make Me Feel' by Cobra Starship, playing from the speakers, there was silence as everyone looked at each other in shock. Did, Kaden, the Kaden 'Daredevil' Fleming just refuse a dare? I couldn't remember the last time he had done that. Heck, I don't think he's ever done it. Ohmigod. This is crazy. I can't believe it. I think I'm dreaming.

      "Last time, I had to do something like that; she burned me with her cigarette. I like my face the way it is, thank you very much," Kaden explained.

      "You know what that means, right?" Clark asked. I looked at him, with his slight smile and quick glances at me and started panicking. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Take it back, Kaden! Say you'll do the dare! Please! I tried to mentally send the message to him, but obviously it didn't work. I knew what they were planning, they always did this.

      Kaden sighed, "Yeah, I have to kiss someone in the circle-"

      "With tongue," Kallie interrupted. What? Why doesn't he get the Facebook threat?

      "But I'd rather do that than go even close to that crazy old bat," Kaden finished as if his sister hasn't spoken.

      Clark clapped his hands together. "Alright. Kaden," he looked around the room as if he was deciding who the victim was going to be... And his eyes landed on me. "Raine, pucker up," he said, using what I had said to him earlier tonight.

      I knew my eyes were as wide as saucers and I felt like I was frozen, like I couldn't move. Distantly, I heard Kaden sigh and saw him move towards me, which cause me to scramble backwards. Things were awkward enough as is; we didn't need this to add to it!

      "Just do it, Raine, before I add a time limit on. Right now it's at least 1 minute, wouldn't want me to raise it to 3, right?" Clark asked in a half weary, half amused voice.

      "I can't hold my breath for longer than a minute," I blurted out as my back hits the wall. Clark shot me an expression that clearly said 'I don't care'.

      Then Kaden's in front of me. "Sorry," he whispered before our lips met. I tried to back u, but I was against the wall with nowhere to go. He somehow got my wrists into his grip so that prevented me from punching him. Gently, he traced my lips with his tongue and I gasped. He took that advantage to move his tongue inside my mouth. Tingles ran through my body, like I had touched a live wire, maybe not that strong, but strong enough to distract me.

      I heard Clark call time, but it sounded like it was underwater, or blurry, or background noise. I don't know how long Kaden kissed me for before he broke away.

      He shot me a half smile and an eyebrow raise. "I thought you said you couldn't hold your breath longer than a minute."

      I shook my head, and felt a slight tinge of warmth flooding my cheeks. "There, it's night. I'm going to bed," I muttered before getting up and running up the stairs. I felt Kaden's gaze on me, like they were burning lasers, but I didn't look back.

-READ ME-
I'm doing my best to make this as un-cliche as I can, which is why Raine was scared, and didn't kiss back. I didn't mean to offend anyone, so sorry if it does, offend you, that is.

This was originally only going to be about 3 pages, then I got a bunch of inspiration, the kiss was spur-of-the-moment. :D

Please, vote, comment or fan if you liked it!

JJ :)