[16] Love Life

Dedicated to PutSomethingIn because her comments always make me smile like crazy. :)

Picture of Blake on the side --->

--

I guess it hurts a bit,

But I'm over it, now.

Heartaches and mistakes,

How many hits can a good girl take?

I'm tired of hurting,

Slowly learning.

~Love Life- He Is We

      "I'll be fine! Will you relax?" That, was how my morning started. Kaden and I were back to doing what we did best, ignore the problem. Well, Kaden was ignoring it, and I was just trying to avoid him altogether.

      Unfortunately, he wouldn't leave me alone. All I wanted to do was bike downtown and do some shopping or exploring. Nothing weird or dangerous, really, but he was treating it as if I was about to walk into a gang fight or something.

      Kallie came down the stairs just as Kaden opened his mouth to respond. She didn't look bothered, instead just raised an eyebrow and waved. "Bro, BFF," She greeted, sounding casual; like this was something she saw every day. Then again, it probably was something she saw quite often.

      All of us immediately winced at her greeting. "Kallie, don't ever use abbreviations again," Kaden remarked, frowning at her.

      "Yeah, I don't think I will. Feels weird on my tongue," Kallie agreed.

      "Kallie, please get your illogically over-protective brother off my back," I begged her. Kallie looked between the Kaden and I with a calm look.

      "Alright, what's the problem?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She sounded like one of those over priced shrinks my mom almost sent me to.

      "I just want to go downtown! He's not letting me!" I exclaimed, feeling my frustration return.

      "She could get attacked," Kaden protested. See, that was completely illogical. Who gets attacked here? Our death toll is lower than, um, it's just really low, alright?

      Kallie snorted. "Attacked? In our town? C'mon, Kade, be serious. What's the real reason?" She raised her eyebrows again, only this time, she was doing it in a mock suggestive manner. I glared at her. Yes, she had more or less taken my side, but seriously. Last part was not at all necessary.

      "Fine, don't blame me if you get murdered," Kaden said, ignoring Kallie's questions.

      I couldn't help but snicker at his response. "I can't blame you. I'd be dead," I replied, rolling my eyes. Kaden opened his mouth to reply, but before he could, a familiar voice cut in.

      "You two argue like an old married couple," Brett remarked, walking into the kitchen. I glared at him. Yeah, I think everyone's teaming up on me now. "What? I've always thought so, just never said it, but since July girlfriend's playing Dr. Phil, I figured I might as well speak my mind," Brett said, blinking at me innocently. He walked over to Kallie and wrapped an arm around her waist before pressing a kiss to her temple.

      I continued glaring at him. "Comment unappreciated."

      Brett mock winced. "Ouch, Raine, that hurt. How could you not appreciate my opinion on your relationship?"