[2] Young, Wild, and Free

Dedicated to smilieyniknik for the lovely cover on the side! :3

--

We're just having fun,

We don't care who sees.

So what we go out,

That's how it's supposed to be,

Living young and wild and free.

~Young, Wild, and Free- Wiz Khalifa Feat. Snoop Dogg & Bruno Mars

      I woke up to an unpleasant sight. Can you guess what it was? Well, his name begins with a K and ends with an A-D-E-N. As soon as I saw him, I screamed. Loudly. He winced and backed away, rubbing his ear.

      "Finally, you sleep like the dead," he remarked, running a hand through his already messy hair. Dressed in a tight white shirt and jeans, he looked like he just stepped out of an A&F catalogue. I hate that brand. They sell too many logo shirts. Wait a sixty seconds. Back up. Did I just say Kaden looked like an A&F model?

      Completely unaware of my inner ramblings, Kaden started walking to the door. "Breakfast's ready downstairs," he called over his shoulder. The door clicked shut after him. I hopped out of the guest bed, and turned on the iPod dock holding my music player. All Time Low blasted from the speakers. I pulled on a pair of red jeans and a black and white t-shirt before heading downstairs.

      "Even though she doesn't believe in love, he's determined to call her bluff. Who could deny, these butterflies, they're filling his gut," I sang loudly and purposely off-key, feeling somewhat hyper from the song. All Time Low tends to do that to me. I slid into the kitchen and found Kaden sitting at the table and Annabelle at the stove.

      "Hi Annabelle!" I exclaimed, ignoring guy-who-shall-not-be-named-because-he-made-me-wake-up-to-an-unplesant-sight. Annabelle's dark head turned slightly at the sound of my voice.

      "Hey Raine." She piled some pancakes onto a plate and brought them over to me, before walking back into the kitchen. I reached across guy-who-still-shall-not-be-named's plate and grabbed the syrup. I doused my pancakes in the liquid and lifted my fork to take a bite. Almost immediately after I put it in my mouth, I spat it back out.

      "Ow! Shoot!" I scrambled to find a glass of water and as soon as I did, I drowned it in attempt to cool my throbbing tongue. I heard the fork clatter on the table and what's-his-face laughing in the background.

      "Careful, it's hot," he said smirking. I shot him a flat look. Stupid, annoying, mean egoistic, self-centered jerk-face.

      "You could've told me that earlier," I retorted narrowing my eyes at him.

      He shrugged and looked at me with an innocent expression. "Whoops."

      I ignored him and went back to my breakfast. I speared a pancake with my fork and blew on it. I could feel his eyes on me as if they were burning lasers. I chose to ignore it as best as I could. As I placed my finally cooled down bite of pancake in my mouth, I heard footsteps on the stairs and turned around.

     Kallie and Brett were making their way downstairs staring at each other with gooey eyes, looking a lot like Annabelle and Clark.

      "Morning guys!" Kallie said cheerfully breaking away from Brett's gaze. Kaden looked down and mumbled something unintelligible through a mouthful of pancakes. "I had the best idea ever, last night!" She exclaimed clapping her hands together and bouncing up and down. Kallie was like a real life, blonde version of Alice from Twilight.

      Kaden swallowed a mouthful of pancake. "And was this during sex...?" He asked teasingly. I felt my eyes widen and I almost dropped my fork again. This was Kallie, his sister! Apparently, I was the only one who was really surprised. Kallie's face was bright red and Brett was smirking slightly. Clark came down the stairs in time to hear the last comment. He grinned and walked over.

      "Who?" He asked, curiously. Kallie frowned at him.

      "And I thought you were supposed to be one of the mature ones." That was true. Annabelle and Clark acted almost like the parents in our group. They were the responsible ones, the ones who either got us out of sticky situations, or talked us out of the ideas that caused them in the first place. Clark simply shrugged in response.

      "What's going on?" Annabelle asked, walking in. She raised an eyebrow and looked at all of us suspiciously. Clark walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind before laying a kiss on her temple.

      "That's what we're hopefully going to find out," he said looking at Kallie.

      "So, I have an idea for the first challenge. You know those 'Things to Do at Wal-Mart' lists?" She asked looking around at us with excitement shining through her hazel eyes. "So, what if we did something like something on those lists everyday for three days. Each couple-" I coughed loudly to remind her that Kaden and I were definitely not a couple. "I mean, partnernership," She corrected quickly. "Will do one. We'll just rotate through."

      "How would you get points?" Brett asked. Kallie suddenly produced a white board from seemingly nowhere. There was a line drawn down the middle. On one side 'Girls' was written and the other side 'Boys' was written.

      "Whichever one gets the most outrageous or unusual reaction gets a point." Kallie said clipping a marker to the back of the board.

      "How are we going to decide that?" Kaden asked.

      Kallie shrugged. "I don't know, a vote or something?" I doubted that would work. The guys would vote for the guys and girls would, alright, I admit it, probably vote for the girls.

      "Wait, what if girls just vote for girls and guys just vote for guys?" Annabelle asked, voicing my thoughts. I was seriously starting to think she could read my mind.

      "Well, let's just see how it goes." Kallie suggested, shrugging again.

      "Who's going first?" Clark asked.

      A devious grin appeared on Kallie's face. Oh no. I do not like that look. It means trouble. Major trouble. Not good, not good. Please don't say what I think you're going to say. "Let's have Raine and Kaden go first," she suggested, her grin widening. I glared at her. She knew I hated going first in anything. It was just weird, and you just, you couldn't see how anyone else did it.

      Annabelle laughed, "I'm good with that."

     I turned to glare at her for a moment before returning my eyes to my oh-so-lovely best friend. "I hate you," I declared in the most menacing voice I could manage. "And I am never talking to you ever again."

      "I doubt you'll last longer than five minutes," Kallie said, rolling her eyes. I looked around the room. Clark and Brett weren't paying attention and talking about something that, from Clark's vivid hand motions and Brett's expressions, was about basketball. Kaden had an amused smirk on his face. Annabelle was watching with a grin the size of Texas plastered on her face.

      I narrowed my eyes at her, "I'm not talking to you either." Annabelle raised her eyebrows at me and looked unconvinced. Ugh! Why does everyone think that I can't ignore them? I do it to Kaden all the time! And, okay, fine, last time I tried I only lasted about two minutes, but that was one time!

      Kallie laughed, "Oh you definitely won't last longer than five minutes."

      I glared at them both before pointedly turning and ignoring them. "Please time this," I told Kaden, who just laughed, shook his head, but stared at the clock hanging over the bookshelf.

      "Come on, Raine, you're not actually going to do it are you?" Annabelle asked. By now, Clark and Brett had stopped talking about basketball and were watching us with expressions that matched Kaden's.

      I ignored them again. I closed my eyes and hummed loudly to distract myself. No talking Raine. Stay silent. No talking. Come on you can do this. You won't lose this time. You can do this. Just stay quiet. It's just five minutes.

      But, of course, Kallie knew exactly how to get under my nerves. "All Time Low sucks and can't sing for anything!" She suddenly yelled out.

      My eyes snapped open. "They do not! They're amazing!" Oh no. Come on. What happened to 'No talking'? I really suck at this.

      "Ha! You spoke to me!" Kallie announced triumphantly.

      Helpless, I looked at Kaden, who still had that amused expression on his face. "Sorry, Sunshine. Three minutes and thirty-six seconds. Better than last time though." Brett and Clark burst out laughing. I sighed and took my time glaring at every member in the room.

      After composing himself, Clark shook his head and said, "Why don't we just get going?" Yes, thank you! Now they can stop teasing me.

      "Wait! What are we going to make them do?" Kallie demanded. Dagnabit! I kind of wish she had forgotten about that. Then maybe, I wouldn't have to do it. Then again, she'd probably just remember when we got there. I think this is a lose-lose situation.

      "Hmm..." Brett started. Oh no! He's worse than Kallie! And you'd think that wasn't possible, but somehow it was. He and Kallie are perfect for each other. They are a match made in hell, because, really, they're anything but angelic. Mean thing to say about my best friends, I know, but it was true.

      "Uh, wait!" I exclaimed before he could finish. "Can we have someone other than Brett decide?" I looked around pleadingly.

      "Oh come on! What's wrong with me deciding?" Brett whined as if he were a little kid.

      "Because you have the weirdest, most perverted ideas," I replied glaring at him.

      "Let's start out with something simple. What if they hid in clothes circles and jumped out at people yelling 'Pick me! Pick me!'?" Annabelle suggested. Well, hmm, that wasn't too bad. Bless her. I think I might actually be able to pull this off. Yay!

      Kallie considered it for a moment, "Okay sure, why not?"

      Kaden shrugged. "I'm okay with it." He turned and looked at me, "Why so silent, Sunshine?" I blinked at him. Why is he all of a sudden giving me a nickname? I mean he never has before. And 'Sunshine'? Really? It's almost the sort of nickname you'd give to, I don't know, someone you actually liked.

      Yeah, I wonder how I'm going to break the news to Kallie that her brother's lost it and is absolutely and completely physco. Oh gee, that'll be fun. Not.

      I shrugged and looked at Kallie.

      "What?" She asked confused at my inspection.

      "You better have at least three different Wal-Marts prepared. Because I have a feeling we're gonna get kicked out."

-READ ME-

Mostly just a filler. I'll be updating on Mondays unless something comes up. So excited for the next chapter! This whole story started with me wondering what would happen if people actually did the things on those 'Ways To Get Kicked Out Of Wal-Mart' lists!

I got the cast figured out, so please tell me what you think!

&& FATEMENT {Fan.Vote.Comment}

~JJ :)