[15] Fireflies

Dedicated to AWSM_SAUCE (I think you know why, starts with I....) :)

--

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake,

When I'm asleep.

'Cause everything is never as it seems,

When I fall asleep.

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

~Fireflies- Owl City

      "So, where do you guys want to go?" Clark asked as he drove around the busy streets of New York.

      "How about a club?" Brett suggested. We all turned to stare at him. "What?" He demanded, giving us all confused looks.

      "Why are you so obsessed with going to a club?" I asked, returning his confused look with one of my own. Brett's only reply to my question was a shrug.

      "It's because he's still hoping to get you drunk so he can win the bet!" Clark called back. I felt my cheeks heat up as I glared at the back of Clark's seat. I am going to kill him. Why does everyone seem to be targeting me now? I swear, I've blushed more in the past two weeks than I have in my entire life. Also, what is up with them trying to get me and Kaden together? I mean, just, why does it matter so much? It's not going to happen. He's a player. I dislike him. It'd be awkward. He's my best friend's brother. And I can name about a million more reasons why we shouldn't. A sort of awkward silence settled over the car as I ranted in my head.

      After a couple of moments, Kallie cleared her throat. "You know, I kind of want to go to a club too, oddly enough. I feel like dancing," She announced, smiling a bit. Clark glanced at us through the rear-view mirror, looking amused.

      "Alright, club it is then. Feel like finding one, Bells?" He asked Annabelle, who sat in the front seat with GPS.

      "Underage or regular?" She asked.

      "Don't feel like pulling out IDs, so underage, I guess," Brett replied before any of us could. I feel like something bad is going to happen, because everything bad seems to happen at a club. Well, yeah, I met Devon, which I guess would be a good thing, but still. Clubs are really not my thing. They just weren't my 'scene' you know?

      "'Kay, got it. We're actually only about five minutes from one," Annabelle announced. After the said time of driving, we pulled up in front of a large building with neon lights bright enough to almost blind you. "I think parking's around the back," Annabelle said, before directing Clark around the building.

      After parking, we got out of the car and headed toward the entrance. That's when we saw the line. It wasn't too bad, but it was still pretty long.

      "Do you want to try the flash and get in thing?" Brett suggested. We all shot him a mixture of doubtful and annoyed looks.

      "With what we're wearing, good luck," Annabelle snorted, gesturing to our outfits, which consisted of jeans and a t-shirt for Annabelle and I and black jeggings and a tank for Kallie.

      "The one doing the flashing would be your girlfriend because she's probably the only one who would be brave enough to," I replied dryly at the same time.

      "Err, on second thought, let's just wait in the line, it doesn't look that long," Brett stated, wrapping an arm around Kallie's waist almost protectively. I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing. That changed his mind quick. We walked around to the back of the line and slid in after a group of guys.