[21] Fallout

Picutre of Xavier on the side --->

--

(Unedited)

Now there's him,

And now there's me,

The secrets you give,

And the secrets you keep.

And nevertheless,

It's never you let.

~Fallout- Marianas Trench

      It's weird, missing someone you see every day.

      We acted like nothing had happened in front of the cameras, and fans, and people, even a bit in front of Kallie, Brett, Clark and Bells, but when it was just us two, which was rare, we were strangers. Awkward strangers. We didn't talk about any of it not the goodbye, the summer, the Jared thing, the first time. No one else did either, those things weren't exactly a 'hot topic'. I guess that made forgetting everything a little bit easier.

      Filming was going pretty well, though it was a bit weird. It's been two weeks since the whole talk, so I had almost, sort of gotten used to it. We were ahead of schedule, and Brett predicted that we would be done filming in less than a month, which was a bit of a relief.

      The bad thing was that Xavier had stopped coming. He wasn't in all of the scenes, so some days could be seen as his day off, I guess, but people were still starting to get suspicious. His voicemail box was full and he wasn't replying to any texts, not from me, or Brett, or Rory, or even his agent- who said Xavier had came down with a bad case of the flu. I highly doubt that's the case, though.

      It kind of felt like I had lost all of my friends in the past two weeks.

      Xavier was 'sick'.

      I had secured a reservation at Una Noche Bella so Devon was busy trying to get Shawn to meet up with him.

      Bells was usually out. She had started coming to filming again, but she always had plans after or something, so we didn't drive back together.

      I didn't really know Kallie, Brett, Clark or Blake that well anymore, at least not enough to hang out. And while Freya and Jared were still in town, I wasn't exactly close to either of them.

      It kinda resulted in a depressing week.

      The giant package that had arrived earlier had, of course, been from Clark. It stood partially unwrapped in our living room. It was a collage of photos of him and Bells arranged to form a heart. His apology gift.

      I felt pretty stupid for not figuring it out earlier, but it wasn't until Blake came to the set to visit Bells that everything sort of fell together. But of course, everything exploded shortly thereafter.

      Because Blake walked in on Bells and Clark kissing.

      It wasn't like Bells to do something like that. Technically, she wasn't with either of them, as in dating, but it had been pretty close to cheating. It was a bit of bad luck, too. The first time Blake visited just had to be the first time Clark and Bells kissed since the fight. Filming had been out on pause, since a sort of fight had broken out.

      It was an extreme invasion of privacy, for all of us to witness it, but none of us interrupted, because for some idiotic reason, interrupting felt like we'd be intruding even more. So we just sat by and waited for it to die out. I had figured out, bit by bit, through the fight and through piecing parts together myself, what had happened.

       Bells and Blake had gone out twice since Bells and Clark's fight. A couple days after the second time, on their day off, Clark had visited Bells and they had, well, made up and made out. Okay, maybe they didn't make out. Blake had slipped Bells mind, which meant she hadn't called him as promised, which resulted in his visit today. Bells was trying to apologize, which didn't really work since Blake wasn't listening. Clark was attempting to figure out the connection between Blake and Bells, which meant Kaden hadn't told him about what had happened, since Clark wasn't the kind of person to forget things.