[25] I Need Your Love

Dedicated to arvilover for her sweet comment, thank you! :)

--

(Unedited)

When everything's wrong,

You make it right.

I feel so high,

I come alive.

I need to be free,

With you tonight.

~I Need Your Love- Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding

      Something was buzzing.

      And it was bothering me.

      Like, a lot.

      I wasn't exactly sleeping, but I didn't want to wake up either. I opened one eye slightly to see that I was still on the jet. Except I wasn't in my seat, exactly, like I had been when I had fallen asleep. Instead, I had somehow ended up on Kaden's lap. Awkward. But I was too comfortable to move, so I just closed my eyes and pretended I was sleeping.

      The thing that had been buzzing had turned out to me Kaden's phone. "Hey Perri," I heard Kaden say. Perri? His publicist? "Yeah, we just landed.... No, they're sleeping." After a moment, he let out a quiet string of curses. "Okay, I'll them... Yeah, Raine's here." At the sound of my name, I opened an eye, looking up at him. "She's sle- Never mind, she's eavesdropping," he said, looking down and noticing my state of conscious.

      "Hi," I mouthed, sitting up so I wasn't lying on him anymore. He shot me a slight smile, then narrowed his eyes at something Perri said. He set down the phone on the table in front of us and switched it on speaker so I could hear what she was saying.

      "Raine?" Perri asked. Kaden leaned forward and turned down the volume so it wouldn't wake the others.

      "Hey" I said, waving slightly, then stopped when I realized she couldn't see me. Kaden chuckled from beside me, causing me to blush.

      "You guys have an interview tomorrow. On the Today Show," she told us, sounding grim. Kaden groaned.

      What? I didn't watch the Today Show, but I had heard of it plenty of times. It was pretty famous. That should be good, right? "What's so bad about the Today Show?"

      "Conner O'Conner, the host is... Difficult," Perri said slowly.

      I raised an eyebrow. "Conner O'Conner?" I repeated, the name distracting me.

      "Apparently, his parents had a weird sense of humor," Kaden replied amusedly, his thumb rubbing lazy circles on the back of my hand. "Difficult's an understatement, though."

      "What's so difficult about him?"

      "He's harsh. He's revealed fake relationships before. He might even go as far as to making you guys say 'I love you' on live TV," Perri explained. I turned to stare at Kaden with wide eyes. He returned my look with a grimace.

      I love you?

      Our track record sucked when it came to those three words. And I wasn't sure if doing it for the cameras would make it any better.

      "I've emailed you a list of questions. Expect more than those, though, he'll probably try to pull something. Be prepared," Perri warned.

      "Okay, thanks."

      "I'll see you in a bit." Was all Perri said before hanging up. Kaden clicked off his phone and leaned back, sighing.

      "If everyone hates him so much, why hasn't he been replaced?" I asked. It can't be that hard to find an interviewer. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would give up their firstborn to be able to meet and interview celebrities.

      Kaden shrugged slightly and pulled out his laptop. "A lot of people like him. Just not the people he's interviewed."

      "Then why don't they just refuse to do an interview?" It was starting to sound like celebrities tried to make themselves as miserable as possible. I mean, it was just an interview, right? It couldn't be so necessary that you did it even though you despise the host.

      "It's a popular show. Publicity is publicity, even if it's bad," he told me, typing his password in to unlock his laptop. I had the slight urge to ask if his password to his laptop was January, like his phone, and like Kallie had said, but I didn't, because despite the fact that we were better, I guess, it was still an awkward question. "In our case, we're doing it because Summer Productions wants it."

      "Wait, we're doing this now? Why aren't we getting off?" I asked as he logged onto his email. Stupidly enough, I hadn't considered the thought that the reason he had his laptop was to look at the interview questions.

      He shot me an amused look. "Is it just me, or did that sound dirty?"

      I returned his smirk with a flat look, fighting to keep from blushing. Kaden's chuckle told me I hadn't succeeded. "It's just you."

      "The paparazzi were tipped off about when we would be arriving. Perri will text me when they leave," he replied. He clicked on the first email in his inbox, the one Perri had sent him, then opened the file attached to it. "Okay, first question... Some people are saying your relationship's so sweet it seems fake. Anything you want to say about that?" Kaden read. He sighed and shook his head. "He really doesn't waste his time, does he?"

      "I say we answer honestly. Short and sweet," I suggested hesitantly. "He's trying to get us to say it's not fake so it seems fake.