[26] Anywhere But Here

Dedicated to fortydaydream for the banner on the right, thank you! <3

Pretty important Author's Note at the end, so please read it? Thanks! :)

--

(Unedited)

You give me wings to fly,

The world goes crashing by, again.

I'm falling through the door,

Flying across the floor.

When you look at me,

Suddenly, it's clear.

~Anywhere But Here- Hilary Duff

      The next day, I found myself chained to a headboard. Yeah, again. Only this time, I had the other half of the Fleming twins standing in front of me, along with Annabelle. Also, instead of looking amused, Kallie looked determined. Fun… Not. Seriously, though? What is it with Kallie and handcuffing me to a bed? It’s like her new obsession. A very scary new obsession. And I thought Kaden still had the handcuffs she had used last time! Where does she get these things? Wait a sixty seconds. Last time Kallie said they were from Clark and Annabelle. Oh god. Please don’t say they used it for that. Wow. I used to be innocent. What have they done to me?

      “So, talk,” Kallie commanded, completely unaware of my inner ramblings.

      I blinked at her. "About what?" I asked, squirming slightly under their intense stares. Annabelle and Kallie exchanged a look before sighing, relaxing their stances and sitting in front of me on the bed. Creepy. They did almost all of that in sync.

      "Okay, what is going on with you and Kaden?" Kallie demanded, narrowing her eyes at me. "Why do you guys keep playing this... This game?" she asked, spitting out the last word as if it was acid. Game? Was that what it looked like?

      "I don't know! I don't think we're playing a game, at least, I'm not. Things just keep... Happening and I guess it ends up with one of us hurt," I admitted after a short silence. With Kallie's words, I couldn't help but wonder, was Kaden playing a game? I didn't want to think that he was, but I mean, he was a player. It was unbelievable that he would stop that for me. Especially with what happened. It was like one of those romance novels Annabelle liked to read.

      "Okay, Raine, I want you to be completely honest to me when I ask this. I promise I won't get mad at you if I don't like your answer," Kallie said slowly, trying to squeeze in some humor at the end. It didn't work though. She bit her lip and looked away from me. Whoa. It was incredibly rare to see Kallie nervous. I mean, she was my best friend, so I had seen her stressed in some situations, but she usually kept her cool.

      "Just spit it out, Kal. You're making me nervous," I told her. It was true. Kallie promising that she wouldn't get mad was even rarer than her being nervous. And, as mean as it may sound, she often didn't mean it. The few times she had made the promise, she had ended up breaking it. She tried not to show that she was angry, but you could just kind of tell, because she acted colder towards you.

      "Are you only dating Kaden to teach him a lesson?" Kallie blurted out.

      "What?" I asked dumbfounded, but also slightly offended. She was my best friend! She knew I didn't do things like that. I wasn't that kind of person.

      "She's just worried," Annabelle spoke up, noticing my offended expression and trying to play peace keeper. "I mean, you are kind of always talking about how Kaden shouldn't go dating girls and breaking their hearts," she explained. For a moment, I just sat there, blinking at them.