[17] Irreplacable

Dedicated to EternalFirefor the sweet comment last chapter. :)

Stacia --->

--

How about I'll be nothing,

Nothing at all to you?

Baby, I won't shed a tear for you,

I won't lose a wink of sleep,

'Cause the truth of the matter is,

Replacing you is so easy.

~Irreplaceable- Beyoncé

      After Kaden left, my hands relaxed from their fists and I drew in a shaky breath. Just forget about it, Raine. I told myself as I stepped into the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment, before shaking my head and splashing my face with a bit of cold water. Grabbing the brush off the counter, I walked toward my closet while brushing my hair. I should've known that that had been a stupid decision. Me, being my klutzy self, tripped and just barely got my hands under me before I face-planted onto the carpeted floor.

      After changing into a pair of jean shorts and a simple, off shoulder orange top, I headed downstairs, praying that I wouldn't crash into someone else and endure more questions. Of course, luck was not on my side. Somehow, I ended crashing right into Clark. I was turning the corner and ended up running right into him. It was weird, because he was over six feet, and I should've saw his shadow, but I guess the glow the wood floors in the hallway gave off made it harder see.

      Clark reached out and steadied me before I feel backwards. "Going somewhere?" He asked nodding to my outfit.

      I stared at him. "Where we're you this morning?" I asked incredulously. Clark returned my stare for a moment before the 'oh-I-remember-now' expression took over his face.

      "Do I get to meet this guy?" He demanded, a tinge of concern in his voice. I groaned and buried my head in my hands. Sometimes, I swear, he is way too much like a father. "Is that a no?" He said at my action. Lifting my head, I glared at him. He still sounded concerned, but I could see amusement deep in his eyes.

      "Clark!" I whined, looking at him with an annoyed expression. Isn't he supposed to be the mature one?

      "Sorry, I couldn't resist," He said. "But seriously, Raine, be careful. You don't really know this guy."

      "I doubt Casey would hang out with a serial killer," I said rolling my eyes. "But I appreciate the concern," I admitted. Suddenly, I felt him shove something into my hands. I looked down. A can of pepper spray. Whoa. Seriously? What the... Wait, isn't carrying around a can of pepper spray illegal? I looked closer at the can. It was labeled 'dog attack spray'. "Do I even want to know?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Clark when I looked back up at him.

      He shrugged. "Probably not. But this is approved."

      "I feel so Twilight scened right now," I muttered. "And how did you just happen to have a can of this stuff, anyway?"

      "I didn't, well, I had it lying around, I just came up to give it to you," He replied. Lying around? Yeah right, I highly doubt that. Who has a can of- oh, wait, no, that would actually make sense. Clark had a lot of this stuff. His mom had taken off when he was ten, leaving only a box full of photos and a shelf of pepper- I mean 'dog attack'- spray. So Clark usually went around handing out this stuff like it was candy. Though I've never recieved it. Then again, I don't think I've ever really needed it either.