[9] Impossible

Dedicated to CharlotteGuestx for the comment last chapter, thank you.<3
Lol, I'm glad you and your friends like my story, though I hope I don't make you guys miss something important! :3

Picture of Devon on the side --->

--

(Unedited)

I remember years ago,

Someone told me I should take,

Caution when it comes to love.

I did.

Tell them all I know now,

Shout it from the roof tops.

~Impossible- Shontelle

     Soft thuds and the sound of harsh vibrating woke me . I groaned and blindly reached over for my phone. It was one thirty in the morning and the caller ID showed that the call came from home.

     "Hello?" I sat up and turned on the lamp on my night side table. The less than warm air hit me immediately, causing me to hurriedly reach for my blanket.

     "Hey Raine, is this a bad time?" Dad asked as I wrapped the blanket around my shoulders. He sounded tired and weary- like he usually did after a fight with Mom.

     "No, it's fine, what's up, Dad?" I asked, choosing not to remind him of the time difference and the face that it was one am right now.

     "Why are there news reports saying you're pregnant with Kaden's child?"

     "What?" I choked on air. What. The. Hell. How did it turn into me being pregnant? Where did that come from? I looked down. Maybe it was just me who thought so, but I was pretty sure I didn't look pregnant.

     "Okay, that was only one station. The rest have been saying that you guys are flirting or together."

     I breathed a sigh of relief. Okay, so at least it was only one station. Though it's still weird and awkward. "It's just because I'm working with him in a film."

     "Kallie's?"

     I nodded, then remembered he couldn't see me. "Yeah."

     "Congrats, Kiddo, I'm proud of you. Why didn't you tell me?" Uh oh, bad sign number one. I had told Mom and figured she would tell Dad, but I guess not. Something must have happened.

     "I told Mom a couple days ago, I thought she would tell you," I admitted, voicing part of my thoughts.

     "Oh great, another thing to add onto the list of things she forgot to tell me," I heard Dad mutter. And suspicion confirmed.

     "Dad? What happened with you and Mom?"

     "Don't worry about it. Anyone you need me to beat up?" he asked jokingly, though his playful tone seemed forced.

     "I'm not gonna set you on the city's paparazzi, so no," I replied, letting it go. "Um, are there really reports of me being pregnant?"

     "There's been one so far."

     "So far's reassuring."

     Dad chuckled. "I want you to be careful, alright, Raine?" he asked, turning serious.

     "I know Dad, don't worry." I wonder what happened with Mom and Dad.

     "And remember that a lot of people might try to use you."

     "I know." Should I ask?

     "And the paparazzi is ruthless."

     "I know." Is it weird that I'm concerned about it?

     "And that you should stop saying 'I know' because now I'm questioning if you're actually listening."

     "I know." My eyes widened as my brain finally registered what he had said. "I'm listening! Sorry!"

     Dad sighed. "Just ask me what you want to know, Raine." My eyes widened even further. Whoa, he can read my mind through the phone. Or he knows me too well.

     I bit my lip. "Did something happen with you and Mom?"

     He sighed again. "You shouldn't worry about these things. You should be focusing on your studies and acting."

     "Dad..."

     "Raine..."

     "It matters to me."

     "It's nothing. Just a small argument."

     "Right," I said doubtfully. "A small argument."

     Dad sighed. "I broke her favourite perfume two days ago so yesterday after work I went to the shop near my work to get her another bottle," he paused. "The line was long and a saleslady wouldn't stop bothering me. I didn't get home until about eight and I guess I smelled like perfume because she thought I was cheating on her."

     "How'd you break her perfume in the first place?"

     "There may have been a small argument before then," Dad replied, sounding part rueful, part sheepish.

     "Dad..." I trailed off, uncertain of what to say.

     "Don't worry about it, Raine," he said sternly. "We'll figure it out."

     I didn't respond.

     He sighed. "So how is everything? How's the movie filming going?" Dad asked, changing the subject.

     I shrugged, even though he couldn't see me. "We haven't started yet."

     Awkward silence.

     I checked the clock. Ten until two. "Dad, I gotta go, it's almost two in the morning."

     He groaned. "Why didn't you tell me it was so late?" I heard a light smack and I knew he had slapped his forehead. I grinned slightly, Dad had been the one to start my facepalming and head-burying-in-hands tendencies. "I forgot about the time difference. I'm sorry, Raine."

     "It's okay. Love you, Dad."

     "Love you too."

     "Fix things with Mom, please," I added, quickly hanging up before he could respond. I set my phone back on my night table and layed down, staring at the sleep. Maybe it was because the slight was still on, but I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't even feel tired anymore. Mom and Dad's argument was a bit of a wakeup call- no pun intended. It had been fine, what? Five days ago?

     After ten minutes of counting non-existent dots on the ceiling, I sighed and decided to do something productive. I got up, grabbed my laptop from my desk, then settled back into bed. Okay, so maybe this wasn't really productive, but it was better than staring at my ceiling and imagining dots there so I could count them.

     I drummed my nails against my leg as I waited for the computer to start up. YouTube was out for sure, since Bells was sleeping. It'd probably just be Twitter, E-mail and maybe Skype. Not a lot, but maybe after them I'd be a bit more tired.

     I checked out a couple hashtags about Call Me Cupid on Twitter and replied to a couple tweets, but that was pretty much it. Twitter was cool, but it wasn't, I don't know, addicting to me, I guess. Maybe it was just because I still didn't really get it.

     My e-mail was pretty empty, except for some random spam and a couple mails from friends I had lost contact with. I chose not to respond to those.

     Last check, Skype. I had three new contact requests. The first one was from KCFleming. Okay, problem now. I don't know if it's Kallie or Kaden. I clicked on their profile, but there wasn't a picture, and the status simple stated 'In New York for a new movie'. Which meant it could be either Kallie or Kaden. Eh, well, I know it's one of those two, so it should be okay.

     I added them, then moved onto the next one. Which was KalForever. And her profile picture was one of Kallie and Brett. Well. Now I know who KCFleming is, at least. Unless it's someone impersonating him. Then I'm a little scared.

     The last one, I didn't recognize. It was JJRed. The profile picture was blank like Kaden's had been, except there wasn't a status either. I decided to just leave that one since it could have been someone I knew, just not recognize.

     A small pop up showed up, saying I was connecting to a video chat with KCFleming. This is kind of the point where I regret selecting 'Answer all incoming calls automatically' in settings. I ran a hand through my hair and braced myself. We were in private now. I mean, we had been in private in prop room, but that didn't really count since we couldn't do anything because anyone could walk in.