Chapter 5 - Confession

Day by day, Sasaki approached Touka by talking with her. 
They talked about their hobbies, favorite color, animal, and their likes and dislikes.
They become closer and yet, Sasaki feels that there's something wrong with her.
He realized that whenever She was with her best friend or with him, and no matter what funny things that He did, Touka never smiled at once. 

One day after school, He saw her brought some tools to clean the rabbit house and some buckets contained carrots.
He called her and help her, then they went to the rabbit house.
They cleaned together then they brushed the rabbits and feed them.
Sasaki glanced to Touka and decide to asked her.

S.H : Touka? May I ask something?
K.T : What is it?
S.H : ... Are you feeling happy with me?
K.T : ? What do you mean?
S.H : Touka, I'm really happy to be with you. But since the first time I met you until now, You.. never smile. 
K.T : Happy? I.. don't know?
S.H : Huh? You don't know?
K.T : ... I forgot how it feels to be happy since that day.
S.H : That day?
K.T : ..... Never mind, just forget it. So, what are you trying to say?
S.H : *blush* Err, t-that's.. I- uh..
K.T : ... Are you confessing to me?
S.H : W-well.. That's-
K.T : ... *sigh* Sorry, Haise.
S.H : Eh?
K.T : I don't want to have a boyfriend or someone precious to me anymore. 
S.H : .... O-oh. I-I see. Haha. T-Then, can I be your friend?
K.T : ... Yeah, of course.

After they cleaned and feed the rabbits, they went home.
Sasaki bid farewell to her, then went to his house. 
While He bathed, He reminisced what Touka said to him.

She rejected me. Haha.. 
I'm such a foolish. I shouldn't put my hope that She will accept me.
I... Ugh.

-At School-
The next morning, everyone who saw Sasaki startled.
Sasaki put his shoes in his locker and went to his classroom.
All of his friends already in the classroom. When they saw him, they shocked.
He has eye bag, his hair really messy, and He didn't button his uniform properly.

Y.S : Ma-Maman?!? Are you okay?
S.H : .........
S.G : Sa-san?
S.H : .........
U.K : What's wrong with you? (now what?)
S.H : .........
M.T : Sasaki? Is something bad happen?
S.H : ......... *sob* Ugh..
Everyone : ?!?!?

Sasaki told everything to them what happened yesterday and He was rejected.
He said that it's okay, but the truth is.. it's really painful.
He should know that there's a possibility that He will get rejected, but still... 

M.T : Sasaki, you're.. really in love with her.
S.G : E-Eh? Well, it's normal that She rejected. B-But it's different, usually She acting cold and harsh, but what I thought that She cares about him too, right? Or.. am I wrong?
Y.S : Oh, poor maman.
U.K : ..But it's strange, right?
M.T : ? Strange?
U.K : 'I don't want to have a boyfriend or someone precious to me anymore', anymore. So, She has a boyfriend before?
S.H : ?! Eh? Err.. Um- I don't know.
Y.S : Oh! I know! Let's ask Kosaka Yoriko! Maybe She knows something! Don't worry maman! We will help you!!

-Class 2-1 (Touka's & Yoriko's Classroom)-
During break time, Sasaki and his friends went to class 2-1.
They're looking for Yoriko and luckily She's in the classroom preparing her lunch.
Saiko calling out her name, then Yoriko going out from the classroom.  

Y/S : Hello, Yoriko-chan. Where's Ice- Kirishima-san?
K.Y : Ah, She told me that She forgot to bring her lunch, She went to the canteen just now. Do you need something, Saiko-chan?
Y.S : Hey Yoriko-chan, I wanna ask you something. Did Ice- I mean Kirishima had a boyfriend before?
K.Y : Boyfriend? I don't think so. Why do- Ah.. You're-
S.H : *bowed and acting awkward*
K.Y : Oh, I see... Don't worry, She's not going out with anyone now. Do you worry about her?
M.T : Err.. Actually, He confessed to her yesterday. But She rejected him and She said that She don't want to have a boyfriend or someone precious to her anymore. So maybe do you have any clue?
K.Y : Hmm... She doesn't have any boyfriend and I think She doesn't close to male- AH! There's one!
S.H : Eh? Who is it???
K.Y : Ayato-kun.
S.H : A-AYATO-KUN?!?
K.Y : Please calm down, Sasaki-san. Ayato-kun is Touka-chan's little brother.
S.H : O-Oh.. B-Brother? 
K.Y : Yup. But when we were 3rd junior high school, their relation become worse since their parents went overboard. Till now, I never see their parents again. Before they had a fight, Touka-chan's personality and appearance have changed. She become cold person, even she dyed her hair too. Touka-chan and Ayato-kun live apart till now.
M.T : I see.. Thanks for the information, Kosaka-san.
K.Y : You're welcome, Mutsuki. Ah, Sasaki-san? 
S.H : Ng? What is it, Yoriko-chan?
K.Y : Please don't hate Touka-chan, okay? Even She's acting cold like this, but the fact is She's really a kind person. 
S.H : .... Don't worry, Yoriko-chan. I will never hate her, I promise. Thank you.

After they asked Yoriko about Touka, they brought their lunch to the rooftop and discussed it together.

-At Rooftop-
U.K : Okay, so.. It looks like She become 'ice queen' because her parents leave her then She had a fight with his brother.
M.T : Hmm.. 'Someone precious' is her little brother and her parents. 
S.G : Ugh.. So, it's because of family issue?
Y.S : Hmm.. What do you think, maman?
S.H : ... Maybe we can make them up. If they can understand each other, maybe they will become a family again.

M.T : Oh! What a great idea! Let's do it guys!
S.G, S.H, Y.S : YEAH!!!
U.K : .... Do anyone know where's her brother's school or his house is?
Everyone : .................
U.K : .............. (These guys....)

______________________________________