Chapter 42

I had a feeling Marcel wasn't going to be at school on Monday due to what happened yesterday. My rehearsal went well, but I still never heard about what exactly was wrong with Marcel. Gemma texted, simply saying that he would be fine. That relieved some of my stress, but I was still worried. Who wouldn't be?

"Here Addy." Lilly held a white envelope in her hand. It seemed like forever since we last talked. We were awkward around each other now and I miss when we were closer.

"What is it?"

"Your concert tickets. Remember? it was part of the bet and everyone thinks you two are serious so here." My hand slowly took the envelope from her. I didn't know what to say. Should I thank her for getting me tickets to my favorite band or say that I don't want it anymore because I'm unofficially done with this bet? Everything was conflicting with me these past few days and it all is getting to be too much.

"Thanks?"

"Yeah sure." She crossed her arms while hovering over me in the lunch hall. I wanted to talk and catch up, but I didn't know what I would say. I felt really bad now. If I hadn't done the stupid bet I wouldn't be watching my friend walk away from awkwardness or have gotten harassed by Zayn or hated by Louis or even thought about kissing Marcel. It was hard to imagine what my life would be like now If I wasn't so greedy back then.

"You okay?" Jenn was sitting next to me like she always has

"Yeah I'm fine. But, don't you think it's weird how everyone changed so fast?" She grabbed a handful crisps to put in her mouth.

"Not really." She was kind of oblivious to it all. She could care less if we never spoke to Lilly and Georgia again. That's just how she was.

My next classes weren't the same without Marcel wanting to answer most of the questions or argue with the teacher with his opinion.

---

The next few days went by rather quickly than I thought. Everything was normal besides Marcel not being there. Louis was avoiding me I think, ever since what happened over the weekend. Zayn and Keegan wouldn't look at me and Liam volunteered to work on the French project by himself. I even tried calling Gemma and Anne, but they just said that Marcel would be in the hospital for a while. That's it. No 'he misses you' or 'he's sick but getting better' or 'come and visit'. They just said he was in the hospital. It was like I was a dog and they were purposely holding a treat above my head, but kept my body tied down. There was absolutely nothing I could do. So on Saturday, before I had another rehearsal I decided to visit Marcel in the hospital. The receptionist pointed me to his room after I let her know I was his girlfriend. I felt kind of awkward walking in these halls. I feel like I should've vrought him a card, or a stuffed animal or something. But I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard. I was just worried that he wouldn't want to see me.

341. This is it. The door was closed and seemed more like a regualr room to me from the outside rather than a hospital room.

"Addy!" Anne was basically shouting in my face. She shut the dor quickly behind her, looking wildly at me. "What are you doing here?" she asked me sweetly, but I could tell she was trying to hold in her shock.

"I came to check on Marcel. Is he okay?"

She answered quickly, "Oh yes he's fine. We'll just be here for a few days longer that's all." I nodded because I couldn't tell if she was lying or not.

"Well, can i see him?" That's all I really needed right now. Was to see Marcel.

"No!" She calmed herself down after shouting. "No, I don't think now is a very good time."

"But you just said he was fine." Accidentally, I sounded kind of pushy, but it didn't make sense t me why I couldn't see him.

"I'm sorry hun. Now is really ot a good time. He just got new medicine and he's been sleeping like a baby. Maybe another time yeah?" A slow nod was all she was going to get from me.

"Will you call me when he wakes up?" She didn't answer, but the corners of her mouth twitched into what I think was a smile. "I can't help but feel like you don't want me seeing him.'

"No, no! It's just. Things are very complicated right now." I felt like someone was breaking up with me because of her word choice. All I could feel was hurt. I don't know wat was going on behind that door, but they clearly did not want me to be a part of it.

"It's fine. I understand. Just tell him I say Hi." I turned around to walk away. I felt so rejected right now. Honestly, I haven't felt this bad for myslef in a long time.

"Addy. I wish you could see him, I do. But-" I stopped in my tracks, not turning to look at her as she spoke behind me. "-macel told me not to let you in. he didn't eant to see you."

And that's when everything came crashing down. I never thought that Marcel would be the one requesting me to stay away from him. I couldn't think of anything that I possibly coul've done. I couldn't think at all because of the pain that marcel was causing me where it hurt most. My heart.

A/N ::: Not really edited but here you go :) I say this a lot, but this time I promise I'll be posting more. I was working on two other stories that I will be posting in a day or so. One is a Niall fanfic 9from his perspective) and the other is a uke Hemmings one (kind of humorous sooo). So be on the lookout for that.

Okay. Bye I love you all!!