Chapter 37

"So what did you decide to wear?" Jennifer sat on my bed, her legs criss-crossed.

"I'm not sure. Marcel said he was going to look somewhat nice." I slid my hangers on the rack, searching through my selection of dresses and skirts.

"Okay, but when did you talk to Marcel?" She stood up and walked next to me.

"We went on a date last night. At his house. Just watched a few movies." She pulled out a white sundress that I would never wear in winter and a floral skirt, setting them both on my bed.

"Oh really? You were home alone?" I nodded my head pulling out a red dress. "Did anything happen?" She set a white sweater on my bed next to the red dress.

"Not really. We watched Definitely Maybe after I picked out The Shining." Jennifer moaned at my movie choice.

"I would think it'd be the other way around." I Shook my head and ignored her comment, continuing to explain the events of last night. "We got a little close while watching Definitely Maybe. I think he was scared to put his arm around me. But he kissed me goodbye." An automatic blush swept over me as I thought of what actually happened, not the lie I told Jen. She sent a glare at me, hands on her hips. "Don't spare details Addison Grace." I rolled my eyes at my full name. "Okay," I sighed, "We made out goodbye." Her eyes widened as if she wasn't expecting it, while she quickly looked through my clothes. "Was there tongue?"

"Jen," I screeched. Her laughter filled the room her hair bouncing with volume.

"Okay. Now you got to look hot tonight. For Marcel." She laid out a checkered bandage skirt that she bought for me.

"Jen," I warned," Don't make me look like a slut." She rolled her eyes at me and pulled down her purple dress that was shorter in the back thanks to her perky bum.

"I won't it's only a party. It's not like you're clubbing or anything." She pulled out a tan sweater that had fake fur on the inside. "Besides, it's not like you have slutty clothes anyway." I sat down on the bed, exhausted of looking for an outfit. We still had another three hours before the party even started. "Wear this." She handed me the white sundress paired with the tan sweater, both folded neatly in a pile.

"But it's going to be freezing tonight!" My excuse was nothing that Jennifer couldn't fix. She dug in her large, and very fake handbag before pulling out opaque tights. "You're welcome." She said, tights flying at my face. The tights were taken off my face as Jen stood me up to change. "Hurry up too! I wanna do your makeup!" I cursed at Jen under my breath. My reflection stared back at me in the mirror. My hair was a mess, like always. I picked up my brush, pulled some lost strands out of it, and tugged it through my hair. I took off my clothes which left me in my bra and panties; it was a small reminder to only drink water tonight. The sundress went on easily because it was a little big; or maybe it was designed like that. Either way it had a low V-neck and a large scoop in the in the back showing my skin. I was thankful that the sweater had a thin fuzzy lining on the inside or else I would be shivering the entire night. Forgetting about the tights, I struggled pulling them on, but when I finally did, they tinted my legs covering them with an opaque black.

"You look nice," Jen complimented me after sending a text to someone. "Try these shoes. They're mine and they might be a little big, but they'll go with the dress." I held up the chocolate ankle boots to my face, observing the wooden heel they had and the golden buckle accent.

"Why are you so slow? I wanna do your makeup," Jen whined, bobbing up and down with makeup brushes in her hand.

"Why do you care about all this anyway?" I asked. I slammed my foot into the boot then zipped it up gently.