Chapter 27

Marcel's POV

"Hun."

I wasn't going to answer. I owed it to myself to ride in silence. I know what she is doing. She is trying to get me to talk about how I feel about the situation but indirectly. I'd rather watch the faded red tail lights on the car in front of us. "Marcel," She sniffled. I don't think she stopped crying the entire ride home.

"Hun, please just-"

"I don't want to talk," I whispered, trying to not get frustrated with her.

"Are you hungry? It is almost four." I shook my head. "Are you sure? I can just drive through some where and get a quick-"

"I'm not hungry," I whispered.

"Okay," she sighed. But I was starving. Food sounded heavenly right now. I will just wait and eat when I get home.

"Do you. Well, are you feeling alright to go to school tomorrow?" I know that she was just looking out for me, but I didn't want to be reminded of what just happened.

"I felt just like I did before. I'm fine." She nodded her head, staying focused on the road. It wasn't until we passed two stop signs that she spoke again. "Maybe you should tell Louis," she suggested. I think she finally stopped crying. "Maybe," I said nonchalantly even though I knew she was right. I should've told Louis a long time ago. He is mad at me right now, so I'll tell him when he is in a better mood.

"He's going to have to know sooner or later since," she took a deep breath,"since you might not be here for as long as we'd hoped." The tears filled her eyes and started to run down her cheeks. I don't think I've ever seen my mother so upset.

"I will," I reassured, grabbing her hand that was currently resting on her leg. She smiled through her tears and wiped her hand under her eyes quickly. I looked out the window to watch the trees blur past the car. It then hit me how much I took everything for granted, even some dying trees on the side of the street. I don't even have a bucket list. A bucket list. That's how I'll get over this. I'll help my family and use the money that I saved for university to enjoy the few months I have left. I could also mess with my family, they are always too serious.

"Marcel?"

"Yeah," my mother's eyes were red and puffy, my hand still grasping hers. "We're home Hun." I let go of her hand to open the door, slamming it a little too hard.

"How did it go?" Des asked while cooking something in a pan on the stove.

"It's all good."

"Really?" He asked surprised.

"Yep. Death is a good thing. Right?" I know that my attitude was not necessary, but did he really expect it to go well? His face fell into an expression of anger, and maybe a little disappointment. "What's for dinner?"

"Some pasta," he said uncertain. I gave him a thumbs up and went back to my room. No need to stay down here.

"What happened? Are you healthy?" Gemma jumped on my bed, resting her head in her hands, patiently waiting for my response.

"No. But I will be."

"Really?" I know that it was bad doing this but I deserved a little fun. Des' reaction was not what I was expecting. I was waiting for him to scream and shout about how I shouldn't play tricks like that, especially my parents. Then I would use the excuse 'I'm dying' so he would only have to feel bad and offer me some money or something. I guess there were a few good things that resulted from this. Pleasure comes with pain.

"Yep, in a few months."

"How did they do it?"

"Well, Dr. Martins came into my room and told me that I'm dying." She brought her hand to her mouth and stared at me wide eyed. A muffled noise escaped her lips, but I couldn't understand it at all. "I can't believe you." I couldn't help the smile that formed because of my sister's hideous crying. "This isn't funny!" She screamed. "Marcel, you are acting like an idiot. How could you tell me like that? You are so ignorant and I..." Her sentence was completed with a few sobs and other sayings I couldn't understand. "Don't be so mean, Gemma. I am dying so, you could try to be a little understanding." She froze for a couple seconds before storming out of the room.