Chapter 4

"Hey Addy." I was greeted by Jennifer at my locker. "So, how did yesterday go?"

"Well. We just did homework."

"That's it?"

"That's it," I confirmed. Was that really it? I don't know why Louis is so suspicious about me or why Marcel made me feel the way I did. I just couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened yesterday, especially that almost kiss. I yawned. I barely got any sleep. I was too busy studying and thinking. My mind was restless as so many things were whirling in my head, allowing me to get very little sleep. "Addy? Did you even hear what I said?" I shook my head, trying to shake all the thoughts from my head, "um, what?" She sighed,"I asked if you got Louis' number."

"No, sorry. Why don't you just ask him?" She shut her locker right after I did. She pondered it for a bit. "I wonder what he would say..." I rolled my eyes. "I have to go. I have a test this morning and if I get there early I get extra time."

"Okay, see ya at lunch." We walked our separate ways and as I made a left at the end of the hall, I saw Marcel at his locker. "Hey Marcel."

"Hey!" He waved back. "You look nice today." I looked down at my outfit. "I'm only wearing jeans and a jumper?"

"But you always look nice." I looked down trying to hide my blush. "Would you l-like to go to class together" he asked fiddling with his fingers. "Actually, I have a test to go take, but maybe to literature?" He nodded. "See you then." He walked down the hall as I walked to my first class, dreading this test.

The next three classes dragged by slowly. When the bell rang I was the first one out of the room. I wasn't surprised when I saw Marcel by my locker waiting for me "Addy!" He shouted and sent me his dazzling smile.

"Hi Marcel. Ready to read about Shakespeare," I asked sarcastically. "Of course!" He answered in his best valley girl voice, causing us both to break out in fits of laughter. We walked to literature and passed notes in class, mostly making doodles of Mr. Cosset. When class was over we walked to lunch together and I sat down next Louis at their table.

"Well you two have gotten oddly close."

" don't be jealous Louis." I nudged his shoulder.

"Jealous. Psh. Please. I'm perfectly fine hanging out with me, myself, and I. " Marcel and I smirked at each other. I told Marcel earlier how Jennifer has always been attracted to him but never had the guts to talk to him. "I know lots of people that would like to hang out with you." Marcel said. Louis gave him a disbelieving look. "I do too!" I quickly added. "Especially Jennifer." I wiggled my eyebrows at him while Marcel laughed quietly.

"I don't believe you." He scoffed and turned his attention back to his lunch. "Fine. Don't believe us," Marcel said punching Louis' shoulder. "Hey! That hurt!" Louis yelled. Marcel and I giggled at Louis' over dramatic reaction. If it's one thing I learned, it's that Louis can be very loud.

---------------------------------------------

"So, do you want to hang out again today?" Louis was whispering because we were in the library for study period. I was surprised that he was the one to ask that, I thought he hated me.

"I can't. My mum got mad at me because I was at a boy's house yesterday without her permission." "Oh," he sat up straight. "Well, I have football anyways." I nodded.

"But she banned me from doing it anyways. I can only be at my house. Alone."

"That's unfair," Marcel whispered. "I know!" I shouted getting looks from the librarian. "Sorry," I whispered to her as I went back to my studies. "So, you play football?" I asked Louis once the librarian stopped glaring at me. "Yeah, team captain. You should come to a game sometime." "That'd be fun."

The rest of the week went by with nothing special. Louis, Marcel, and I would sit at lunch together and go to the study period together. Saturday night, Lilly invited all the girls over to watch some movies. And we were in the middle of watching Batman, we were into the superhero stuff.

"So, how's Marcel? You've been hanging out with him and Louis more than us," Lilly said. I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah, you guys are oddly close. I take it that you two are "dating". The girls at giggled at Georgia's sarcasm. I rolled my eyes. "Well, I think they're cool. Whether you think so or not." I took a bite of the pizza that we were eating.

"Oh come on. Marcel. And Louis. Cool? No," Lilly said. "But Louis is kinda hot," Jennifer said in a sing song voice. I laughed while the other two girls groaned.

"Anywho, did you ask him to homecoming." I took another bite of the pizza trying to ignore the question. "You didn't!" Lilly shouted. "I'm getting to it," I defended myself. "You better do it soon or no mustang," Georgia said. "I will."

"Promise?" Lilly held out her pinky. "What are you like six?"

"At least six year olds take pinky promises seriously." She raised her eyebrows and wiggled her pinky. I hooked our pinkies together before saying. "I promise."

"Do it now." Jennifer nudged my shoulder. Marcel was sitting outside at the picnic tables reading something. "Lilly will just keep bothering you. Sooner or later, she will just ask for you."

"How about later." She laughed and slapped my butt before walking away, trying to give me encouragement. I hesitated before making my way to Marcel's table. I could already feel the butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Hey Marcel." I casually sat across from him and laid my arms on the table. "H-hi Addy." He was still staring intently at his book. "Studying?" He nodded. After sitting in silence for a few minutes, I decided that it has been sufficiently awkward. "Wanna come over later?" He looked up at me, his mouth forming a small 'o'. "Um.....I thought you couldn't...I mean I want to...but."

"It's fine. You can ride with me. It's Wednesday so Louis has practice anyway. And my mum's working late." He looked down at his hands nervously. "We're just gonna work on homework." He glanced at me quickly than back to his hands. "Please. I really need some extra help on my physics homework." He sighed and looked back at me. "Fine. I'll help you."

"Yay!" I did a little dance in my seat causing him to laugh. "Meet by the gym?"

"I guess," he replied semi sarcastically while shrugging his shoulders. I walked back to my locker to find Jennifer waiting for me. "So?"

"I couldn't do it. Not here anyway. So, I invited him over after school." She slapped my shoulder. "Ow," I winced while rubbing the spot she hit. "What about your mum? What about Devon?"

"My mum is working late tonight. And Devon is too busy with his video game, besides I think he's going to his friends' house."

"You better hope. Or there's no way you're going to homecoming." I sighed, "yeah. I know."