Chapter 1

"Come on Addy. 200 bucks. You and Marcel go to homecoming together and convince the school that you're dating. It's not that bad." Lilly was trying to convince me to date the school nerd, Marcel.

He wore glasses from the 70's, that may be a little exaggerated but whatever, and wore a sweater vest everyday. I wasn't a popular girl, but I could be friends with anyone, I guess you could say I was very social. I was in the drama and art club and did after school choir. I was a very artistic person and very independent. I could never entirely trust someone, not even my family. There's always something hidden so they don't everything about me.

"Lilly, there is no way in hell that I'm going to homecoming with Marcel. Not even for 200 dollars." The girls, including Lilly, Jennifer, and Georgia all groaned at my stubbornness.

"I will buy you front row tickets to the maroon 5 concert." I thought about Lilly's offer because I loved maroon 5. They have been throwing offers at me for the past fifteen minutes, trying to get me to ask Marcel out. We all did dares this year, as a part of our 'senior year resolutions'. I was the first to go, being the quieter one of our group

"Keep going." I sat back and waited for them to offer more.

"I will let you drive my mustang for a month," Georgia offered. "Make it two." I bargained, knowing she would give in. "Fine," she mumbled while tossing her long black hair over her shoulder.

"I'll watch your little brother for a month whenever you need it." Jennifer said quickly.

My little brother was so annoying. Devon was eight and would never stop talking. I loved him, but not enough to watch Football matches and play FIFA with him all day long. "Deal."
Lilly screeched getting some looks from people around. "Be quiet." I shushed her. "Sorry, I just can't believe you actually agreed. Addison, You can be such a baby sometimes!" "Don't use my full name and No I am not! I am not afraid to ask him to homecoming."

I always got defensive when people said things that weren't true. Whether it was about me or someone else, it wasn't right. I just wasn't as confident as Lilly, Georgia, and Jennifer. Why shouldn't they be. They were gorgeous! They could be models if they wanted to. Georgia smirked while looking at me, that was never good look on her. She had something planned. She raised her finger and aimed towards the back entrance of the cafeteria. "Then prove it. He is right over there."

I looked to where Georgia was pointing her finger. Marcel was walking into the cafeteria right next to Louis Tomlinson, the school's bad boy. I don't know how they became friends but there is a rumor that their parents are really close. I don't think anyone actually knows the truth though. "You want me to ask. Right now?" I asked cautiously, not prepared for what's to come. "Duh," Jennifer said,"homecoming is in three weeks. Get movin!" I looked at Marcel and Louis again as they sat down at the table in the corner. I groaned and gave a desperate look to my friends. They all snickered at me and motioned for me to go to his table.

I stood up slowly and took as much time as I could going over to the table. Looking at my feet as the moved slowly across the tiled floor. I turned around and mouthed 'why am I doing this again!' Georgia put her hands on an invisible steering wheel and winked at me. I through my brown curly hair dramatically over my shoulder, turning from them, and continued my stride. I got questioning looks from everyone as I got closer to their table. They were probably wondering why I was going near 'their table'. I could feel my heartbeat quicken and my palms getting sweaty.

I started to rub the middle knuckle on my pointer finger as I got more nervous. I still couldn't believe I was doing this, but no turning back now. Ten steps. Eight steps. Five. Four. Three. Two. Oh no.