Chapter 20

When I arrived at school, I was twenty minutes early. I stayed up until one in the morning to working on my homework. I didn't finish my French, so I decided to work on it at school. There was no one around and it was comforting to work in the silence if the morning. I continued my notes flipped through the pages of the book making sure to read every word. Slowly, kids started to turn up on the campus. I was sat outside at the picnic table. There was a slight breeze, sending goosebumps to rise on my skin. I pulled my denim jacket closer around my body. My writing was sloppily written because of the rush I was in. My hand was starting to cramp from all the writing I did. I sat down my pen to shake out my hand and relax the muscles.

"Slacker!" I jerked my head around to find the surprising voice. Liam. He dropped his books on the table, along with a few crumpled papers. I could tell that he was very unorganized and in a bad mood. "I had a late night last night." I picked up my pen again and continued my notes. "I heard." He pulled the wire out of his spiral notebook and started to form it into an unknown shape. "You heard?" He simply raised his eyebrows in response.

"But who told you that-"

"Louis." He cut me off. He bent the wire more and looked at me. "Surprised?" He was awfully cocky today.

"Why would-"

"He told Zayn." I parted my lips to speak but I didn't know what to say. "I was quite shocked myself. Apparently they are close buds now. Louis told him everything. Well, everything about you and marcel that is. Because Marcel was stupid enough to tell Louis."

"He's not stupid!" I defended.

"That's not my point," he huffed, clearly annoyed by me interrupting him. "My point is that I want to help you." I set my pen down on my notebook and watched him intently. "Zayn is planning something. Something to make Marcel look like the bad guy." I leaned forward slightly, trying to ease him on to tell more. "Zayn has been acting like a dick lately."

"Tell me something I don't know," I muttered under my breath, hoping he didn't hear me.

"Louis doesn't trust you." I sighed, but I knew that this was true all along. "He likes you, but you haven't won his trust yet." Liam told me. His eyes looked up to mine and he sat up straight.

"Why did Zayn tell you all this."

"He trusts me," he shrugged. "But I'm sick of him. And Keegan too. They're idiots. I trust you though." His tone softened as he gave me a small smile.

"Why?"

"Because you always give me the right answers to French," he laughed. His light hearted tone made me smile.

"What about Zayn?"

"Louis is having him spy on you. Make sure that you aren't fake." I could only hope that he wasn't going to spy on me around Lilly, Georgia, and Jennifer. If they said one thing about this deal in public, Zayn will find out. And then he'll tell Louis who will tell Marcel and hate me forever. What could possibly go wrong?

"But I'm not fake." I whined.

"I know." He smiled at me again and picked up his books.

"Be careful. See ya later Ads." He waved at me and walked away. Leaving me with nothing else to do but finish my homework. My phone vibrated in my pocket telling me I had a text.

"Sorry girly! My throat is killing me! Tell me everything about the date later." Jennifer was sick which meant I had to spend the dat with Lilly and Georgia. I looked at my phone clock and saw that I only had a few minutes before the first bell would ring so I just decided to go to my locker. I walked across the lawn that now had students scattered and cluttered everywhere. Telling each other the latest gossip or what happened on tv last night. But I had no one to talk to. I got to my locker and exchanged my French books for the books I needed at the beginning of school. I walked a little faster to my class as the first bell rung, I didn't want to be late. As I was walking I could feel the laces on my white vans coming untied but I ignored it as I turned the corner.

"Woah!" I slammed into another body and dropped a a few of my books. It felt like I would never make it to class. I dropped to the floor quickly and started to clumsily pile my notebooks back into a neat stack.

"Let me help you." The boy with a maroon shirt and leather jacket helped me gather my things as well as his own. "Louis?" I questioned. I could see his familiar chest tattoo sticking out of his shirt.

"Hey Addy!" He was very happy today. Unusually happy. "I'm sorry about this." He handed me my books and we stood up. Bodies rushed past me as they hurried to their first class.

"It's fine really. I should go though I don't want to be late."

"I have a football tournament this weekend. If you want to come. Marcel and few of my other friends are going." Other friends. I'm sure that meant Zayn and his sidekick, Keegan.

"I'm not sure I'll have to check." I lied.

"It will be a lot of fun! I promise!" He was practically begging me to come to his tournament. But I didn't want to be spied on.

"I'll think about it. But I really need to leave now." I walked away quickly so he would stop talking me. I already knew I was late the second bell just rang and the hallways were empty. "Nice of you to show up Addy. You need to go to the office and get a tardy slip." I set my books down on my desk and shuffled out of the classroom with everyone's eyes on me as I left.