Chapter 10

A/N:  Hi everyone!! I just wanted to say this update would have been put up earlier but I kept having nightmares last night and when I woke up during the middle of the night I find out that the power was out across the whole city and let me tell you that was hell!! It’s so hot from where I come from so I was exhausted from no sleep and sweat the whole day, I know gross, but here I am now finally updating!!!!

Abbey’s P.O.V

“You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.”

-Ian Fleming

That quote floated through my head as I looked up at the two huge wolves. I was going to die and I knew that but I welcomed it. I’m alone in this cruel dark world that people call Earth. All alone.

I slid down the tree and then fell on the snow with my eyes looking up at the stars through some of the spaces of the canopy.

“So beautiful” I muttered as I closed my eyes and waited for my death to come.

No one cares for me at all. I could die right here in the middle of nowhere and no one would care.

No one cares.

No one cares.

No one cares.

“Abbey” my name fell from some ones lips quietly almost like an angel were calling me from heaven.

No one cares.

ABBEY!”

Jordan.

Cares.

I opened my eyes to see Jordan hovering over me and looking frantically at me.

“Oh gosh baby we have to get you warm” he told me quickly.

He picked me up and cursed under his breath “You’re so cold my god we have to get you warm and fast!”

He started running now to somewhere and kept asking me to keep my eyes open for him. We busted through a door and started making our way through a kitchen and then living room. Wherever I was it had a lot of people staring at me with sadness.

“Oh no Luna” one of the little girls whispered quietly.

Jordan ran up two flights of stairs before opening a door and putting me softly on a bed. I stared up at the ceiling blankly as Jordan disappeared into a room.

I heard some running of water for a bit and about two minutes later he came back and started undressing me until I was completely bare in front of him. He picked me up and carried me into the room that he disappeared into and before I could say anything I was put into a bath that had warm water in it but because my body was so cold the warm water was doubled in heat and burned my skin to the point it felt like it was melting away. I screamed as loud as I tried to get out of the bath.