Painful Rejection: Chapter 42

As promised the 42nd and final chapter of Painful Rejection! I'll post the epiloge shortly

Thank you everyone whos followed me through this book and given me such fantastic feedback! You all restored my faith in my writing skills when i was about to give up. I've definitly grown as a writer while writing this book and I'll be posting some interesting stories as well written as i can make them!

A writer without fans is hardly a writer at all so i want to thank the thousands of you who have read this and the 614 of you amazing people who fanned me!

*******

                Archer had awakened soon after I passed out and called some members of his pack to come get us since my car was totaled and he’d come running here in wolf form once Kenzie had announced my disappearance and sensed I was in danger.

                Since I had only endured a beating, I receive quite a few bruises and broken bones, ones that healed in the hours I was out and within a day I was back on my feet, virtually unharmed. Well except for my pride.

                Helms had gotten away yet again and so had Marissa. This would not look good back at the Court. Failing to capture such a dangerous fugitive would not be good for us and we may even be reassigned. In addition to my failure, during the confusion of where their Alpha had run off to, a group of pack members had gone into the woods and beyond the barrier only to be ambushed by Helms’ “children”. There were no survivors to the attack so a good 15 men and a couple women were killed then quickly put down by my team.

                As a result of the loss, Brendon felt like a horrible failure and Archer and I felt guilty. If I hadn’t run off then neither of us would have been hurt and Archer wouldn’t have come after me to leave his pack puzzled and compelled to go searching for him.

                But I suppose that’s all in the past now and it can’t be changed. I've learned I can’t dwell on my past victory against Helms.

                With Archer and I healed, we sat with my teams and he and Brendon to discuss out next move.

                “So what's out next move?” Kenzie asked.

                Mich sighed. “I don’t know if what I say matters.” He said with narrowed eyes directed at me.

                I shrunk back into my seat on the couch. They're all mad at me for taking off. Especially Mich.