Painful Rejection: Chapter 16

60 votes! Thanks guys! Bet I surprised you with the last chapter and you all hate him :D prepare to hate me more!

55 votes for the next chapter!

********

Archer's POV

Harmony was bitten. . . Harmony was bitten. . .bitten.

My own words repeated through my mind over and over but my mind still refused to process them as reality.

I looked back down at her arm. A large bite mark was barely seen through all the blood.

Harmony was bitten!

The harsh reality of the words hit me like a steel wall.

I gasped as i realized she needed help and now! Her team has to beable to do something!

I scooped her up in my arms bridal style and ran back down the path to the pack house. The warmth of her blood pressed into my stomach and seeped into my shirt.

Once i entered the yard i shouted out Michael's name. "Michael!"

after a couples minutes of yelling his name he finally came outside. "What is i--Harmony!" he bolted over to examine her. "What the hell happened?!"

"She was bitten." i said breathless.

Michael went pale and froze completely.

Cold fear shot through me. "Can you help her?!"

he examined her arm and cursed. "The bastard bite into her real deep. Kenzie!"

a moment later Mackenzie came strolling out the back door but when she saw me she froze then bolted over with supernatural speed.

"Oh my god! Harmony!" she shrieked and covered her mouth. She looked down at Harmony's arm. "Pl. . .please tell me that isnt. . .isnt a bi. . ." she looked at me and i knew my face clearly showed the truth of what had happened.

Tears streamed down her cheeks and she looked at Michael. "Oh my god she was bitten! What are we going to do?!"

"Not panic." Michael said calmly.

"Shes going to die of a fever then come back as a zombie!" Mackenzie shrieked.

"Theres still a chance she wont."

"What do you mean?!" i asked. Why would Harmony be any different then anyone else whos been bitten?

Michael sighed. "Since my team and i fight these things often we offered ourselves as living experaments to test their many antidotes for zombies that need to be tested and dfferent kinds were injected into us. That way in the event that one of us should be bitten our deaths wouldnt be in vain."

living experaments?!

I looked down at Harmony. She subjected herself to be used like that. Thats so cruel! I bet those sciencetists were hoping shed be bitten by a zombie!

"So will she be ok?" i asked looking up at them.

"Like you care!" Mackenzie snapped. "She probably got bitten protecting you!"

i cringed at her words because. . .they were true. Now that i thought about it Harmony had been bitten protecting me because i was an idiot and blanked out.

Mackenzie place her hand on Harmony's forehead and gasped. "Oh god, Mich, she burning up. The fever is setting in!"

"We need to cool her down." Michael said extending his arms. "Ill take her, Alpha Haven."