Painful Rejection: Chapter 38 (Unedited)

Hey again guys. I'm waiting to go to the pool and finished this chap last night so I thought I'd update again but I probably won't update till Saturday or Sunday now

********

The address on the paper took me to an industrial area filled with warehouses. Some warehouses were clearly in use while others looked abandoned.

The sun was beginning to set as i drove through the lines of warehouses and I noticed as i went deeper into the warehouses less looked in use and more looked abandoned or hardly used.

I suppose this would be the perfect place for Helms to hide. A place big enough to store his creations where no one will bother him.

I looked down at my guns resting on the passanger seat. Then sighed and looked back up.

I gasped when i saw a man standing in the road.

I went to turn but it was too late and i crashed into the man sending him flying.

The van sworved as i lost control and it crashed into the side of a warehouse.

Although the airbag went off, i still hit my head on the side of the van and had to fight my mind's wish to go black and i felt something hot slide down the side of my face.

After a moment of struggling with conciousness i fought with my seat belt and grabbed both my guns then kicked the door open.

I stumbled out and fell to my knees on the concrete.

I raised my hand to my head and felt something wet and hot come off on my finger tips then brought my hand down. My fingers were covered in blood.

I shook my head. I cant think of that now.

I climbed to my feet and stumbled a bit as my my vision blurred but regained my balance and made my way to where the man id hit lay.

"Sir? Sir are you alright?" i callled.

the man didnt answer and fear that id killed him shivered through me until he moved his arm and that fear was replaced by relief.

"Dont worry sir ill get you hel--" an inhumane growl from the man cut me off and i froze.

the man growled again and pushed himself up and used the ground to pull his mangled body towards me, snarling in frustration.

I instantly stepped back and fumbled to get my gun in my hand then aimed it at his head.

He raised his head and gave a loud growl before i shot him in the head. The sound bounced around the warehouses shattering the silence.

i hesitated a moment before lowering my gun.

Yep Helms is definetly here.

I turned to the van.

Im so dead.

Something heavy hit my back causing me to yelp in surprise.

A snarl from the weight on my back told me exactly what it was and i instantly paniced as a hand gripping my wrist raised my arm.

"Not again!" i snapped using the hilt of my gun to smack the zombie in the head then spun around and kicked it in the stomach making the female creature to stumble back.

Once shed regained her balance she growled at me and gave a kind of roar before i aimed my gun and sent a bullet into her skull.

I waited a moment, keeping my senses alert as i listened for any noise of more of the undead approaching.

When i heard no such noise, i relaxed a bit.

Ok so i guess he doesnt have all his creations here. Surely the sound of two gun shots would have attracted all of them.

i put those thoughts to the back of my mind and focused on the task at hand: finding Helms.

I took a deep breath and froze.

Blinking i took another deep breath. Nothing. . .

What the hell? As a werewolf i should be able to smell every scent in this area. . .so why cant i smell another other then the rotting corpses behind me?

My eyes widened with realization. Ive gone too far into my witch half!

Despair flooded through me but i again pushed it to the back of my mind.

As i slowly and quietly walked through the warehouses, i reviewed the spells i had down by memory and mentally cursed myself for not remembering more useful ones.

There is one spell i have memorized since its just one word but it takes immense amount of concentration.

I looked around then slipped into a small alley and took a deep breath before closing my eyes.

"Quaerere." I murmered and felt a cold chill jolt through my body then i knew exactly where to go.

********

Archer's POV

i was standing in the kitchen helping my mom with dinner when Mackenzie came rushing in.

"Archer, have you seen Harmony?" she asked out of breath.

I narrowed my eyes. "No, i thought she was with you guys doing that. . .thing." i said looking at my mom out of the corner of my eye.

"Well she was but when we came back inside she was gone." she said worriedly.

"Well that isnt like her to just disappear." i said.

"No it isnt!" she said then hurried out.

"Well it isnt like Harmony to just ditch her friends." my mom said turning back to chopping vegetables.

"No it isnt. . ." i agreed returning to my work.

She never takes off like this and she must be blocking out her telepathic connection with her team if they dont wear she is.

Harmony what are you doing?