Painful Rejection: Chapter 8

The next day i once again stood before the male fighters of the pack explaining the zombie situation. Some shouted out we were liars. Others called us crazy.

After 20 minute of shouting i decided to go inside and see if there was anything left over from breakfast.

When i walked into the kitchen i didnt find bacon or eggs but instead a short, skinny woman scrubbing at a pile of dishes.

It took me a moment to recongize her. "Ameila?" i asked unsure.

The woman turned and her eyes widened. "Harmony?"

i smiled and nodded.

"Oh my dear! Its been too long. Id hug you if my hands werent water soaked and pruny." she smiled widely.

Ameila is Archer's mother. I remember she had Archer at a young age and yet Ameila has dark circles under her green eyes along with wrinkles. Her blonde hair which i remembered was so bright and silky and beautiful was now dry and messy i think i even see some gray. She looked so exhausted.

"My god, Ameila! You look like youre ready to collapse!" i exclaimed gently taking her arm and leading her to a chair.

"Oh its nothing. Just a little tired." she said giving me an assuring smile but i saw her exhaustion through the friendly smile.

"No you arent. How bout you go back to bed? You look like you could use a nap." i said.

"Oh no i couldnt. Archer's friends often come and use 4 plates each for breakfast alone and im not even half down with the dishes." she went to stand up again.

I guided her back down. "Its ok. Ill do them. Kay?"

"Oh no youre our guest--"

"Im not. I grew up here, remember?" i smiled.

She gave a weary smile. "Thank you so much. I must admit since my husbend's passing i have been rather tired."

Archer's parents hadnt been mates but they might as well have been. I remembered how much they loved each other.

"And no one has noticed?" i asked horrified.

She sighed. "People ask if im ok and i say i am then they leave me alone."

"Well go take a good long nap. Ok?"

"Oh i could kiss you girl." she joked before walking off into the hall.

Id been washing the dishes for about 5 minutes before i heard footsteps in the hall.
"Hey mom hav--"

i turned to see Archer standing in the kitchen doorway with a confused look then he narrowed his eyes. "Youre not mom."

"No. I told your mom to go to bed." i said turned back to the dishes and continuing to wash.

"Why would you do that?!" he snapped coming to stand beside me. His nostrals flaring with anger.

"Im surprised your so naive to not see how tired she is." i said calmly as i continued to wash the plates with hardened syrups stuck to them.

"What?!"

i turned to him with my eyes narrowed. "How did you not notice how exhausted she is? I walked in and thought she would collapse. You mean no one has noticed how tired she is?" i asked shocked.

"Well. . .Marissa did. . ."

"And?"

"She said shed take her to the spa for a girls day out." he said defensively even though i hadnt said anything against her.

"Uh huh and when did she say shed do this?"

he thought a moment and sighed. "About a year ago."

"Uh huh. Well since im going to be here a couple months i might as well help her around the house." i said turning back to the dishes.

"No. I dont want you doing that. She doesnt need help." he growled.

I dropped the dishes and turned on him. "She was ready to collaspse, Archer!"

"So?"

i balled my fists. "Youre unbelieveable! Did you ever ask if she needed help? With a lazy ass son like you who constantly has pack members over for parties and meals i bet she needs all the help she can get."

"I do not throw parties all the time!" he defended.

"My organization is very thuro. We know everything thats happened around here inthe past 10 years. They even have my leaving documented along with your several arests for under aged drinking and drug posetion. Also the noise complaints your neighbors issued. Oh and lets not forget Marissa prostituion charges--"

"Stop it! Stop putting Marissa down." he growled.

I folded my arms over my chest. "Archer, things need to change and soon. Your pride, refusal to change the pack for the beter and selection in Alpha Female is going to be the down fall of this pack. You need to man up and be the Alpha this packs needs or we will take action and have you replaced." i said firmly.

"You just want me to choose you as--"

all my control and dicipline snapped and i interrupated his accusation with a hard slap across the face.

He stumbled back and blinked rapidly, shock clearly shown upon his face.

"You bastard! Stop saying that!" i snapped with a growl behind my tone. "I do not want you! Its because of you i had my heart shattered at 17! You scarred my wolf so cruelly that i havent been able to shift in 3 years! I cant even be with anyone else because of you! I get sick to my stomach when another guy so much as pokes me! Im use to my teammates but any other guy i nearly puke on them! Im going to be alone and single for the rest of me life because of you! Its all your fault! Im going to be alone! And you dare accuse me of wanting you! I am nothing to you just as you are nothing to me but my buyer! Im only here for money not you!"

i took a deep breath to scream at him somemore but was interrupted.

"Harmony. Remember your control." Mich ordered in the kitchen doorway.

I flinched when i realized id lost control of my strength, temper and dicipline.. "Sorry Alpha." i murmered looking down.

"All those years of training to control your temper and strength and give you dicipline and youre letting him unravel it." he said.

I hung my head. "My apologizes." i took a deep breath and looked up at Mich. "Im fine now."

"Good." he said then turned to Archer and glared. "Could i speak with you. . .privately?" he asked through his teeth.

Archer hesitated and turned to me with his hand still on his cheek. I gave him an icy glare before returning to thedishes. I had promised Ameila id do them.

"Yes." Archer said and followed Mich out into the hall.

I continued to scrub the dishes, slowly calming down more and more. The idea of easedropping on Mich and Archer came to my mind more then a few times but i rejected the idea. Mich would know i was listening in and would scold me.

When i finally finished the dishes i could see why Amelia had looked so exhausted.

I looked at the clock on the stove. 3:47.

Might as well make dinner for everyone. But whosays i have todo it alone. ..

KENZIE!

MONY!

I need your help.

Oh! Do i get to rough anyone up?

Totally. Meet me in the kitchen.

I. Will. Be. There.

Awesome.

I waited about 5 minutes before she finally came down all hyped up like a 3 year old on sugar.

"Im ready! Who am i beating up?" she asked hopping around me with her fists up.

"No one. I need your help cooking." i said.

Her arms dropped. "You liar!"

i grinned. "Its a gift. Now help me cook."

"Kenzie no wanna!" she said in a childish tone and folding her arms over her chest with a pout set on her face.

"Mony give Kenzie her bacon tomorrow morning if Kenzie help Mony with dinner." i taunted.

"Hot dog! Im in!" she exclaimed happily.

I laughed. "I hope you realize the pain i will be going through giving you my bacon."

"Oh i know the pain and thats half the fun!"

i rolled my eyes. "Youre so nice. Now what should we cook?"

"I saw something Italian and stringy." she said.

"Please anyone can make pasta."

"Lagsania?"

"Maybe. Anything else?"

"Oh! I know! Jumabalia! I havent had yo famous spicy jumbolia or gumbo in forever!" she said in a mock southern accent.

I laughed. "Sure and itll be hilarous to see how they react to the spice."

"Girl thats the best part of the jumbalia!"

i opened the fridge and was surprised to find they didnt have any ingredents i needed. "Looks like a trip to the stop is in order." i slammed the fridge door and looked at the time. Only 4. I can go and get the stuff then come back in half an hour.

"Ill stay here and guard the fort." she plopped down in a chair.

"Oh no no no. Youre coming with me." i grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the chair.

She groaned as i dropped her on the floor.

"Fine you stay here while i go ask Mich if its ok to go."

she gave me a thumbs up from the floor. "Fine by me.

I wandered the first floor of the house trying to catch Mich's scent and when i finally found a very recent trail i followed it to a closed door at the end of the hall.

When i opened it i found it was a study and saw Mich sitting across from a large wooden desk where Archer was seated.

They both turned to me shocked by my presences.

"Sorry but i was wondering if it would be ok if Mackenzie and i went to the supermarket." i asked Mich.

"Of course. But i want someone to go with you." he said firmly.

I put my hands on my hips. "I think we can handle a trip to Market Basket."

"I know you can but i still want someone from this pack to go with you."

"Why?"

"First of all they know how to actually get there."

i thought a moment. Hes right i cant remember how to get there!

"Ill go with you." Archer said standing up.

I instantly growled in response.

"Harmony." Mich said in a warning tone.

I sighed. "Fine."

i turned around and nearly crashed into Marissa.

"Watch it!" she snapped.

I growled lowly and she crowered back a little. "Do not mess with me, bitch."

"I am Alpha Female!"

"Oh excuse me. Alpha Bitch." i sassed before stepping around her.

God! I think i hate this pack more now then i did 3 years ago!