Painful Rejection: Chapter 21

Hey guys so i found time to write, post AND edit! Feel free to yay. But unfortuently im grounded so i may not get another chance to update anytime soon also Wattpad is undergoing maintence so i probably wont get to update tomorrow if i find time. Sorry guys!

********

Harmony's POV

I woke up with yet again the first thing I see being the darkened ceiling of my bedroom.

Only this time the pain in my arm was dull, it was like my very insides were on fire. My chest especially hurt.

I tried to push myself up with both my arms but my elbow gave out on me causing me to fall back onto the bed on my side.

I was about to try again when something black caught my attention and my eyes fell on my arm.

I’d seen this brand a dozen times before in my nightmares. It had haunted my dreams for months after my discovery of my origins and after id been attack by that zombie. Only this time when I touched it, I actually felt something.

My skin was burning hot and it stung to touch the brand itself.

I lay on my side staring at the brand for a bit, lightly tracing it.

So . . . I’ve finally become branded.

"Why didn’t you tell me?"

I looked up to see Archer leaning on the doorframe.

I used my shoulder to push myself up. "About the curse? I thought you knew. It’s an old legend that the pack elders use to tell us around the fire during bonfires. Oh wait, you spent your time flirting with the girls during those bonfires."

He pushed off the doorframe. "I’m serious, Harmony."

"So am I. Besides . . . I didn’t think it mattered."