Painful Rejection: Chapter 12

yea so it's kinda short but I might not get another chance to update today. I want 40 votes for the next chapter!

Also what do you guys think if me putting Painful Rejection in the Watty Awards 2012?

*******

I shot a zombie in the head and it fell over dead. While i was storming through the woods trying to find something to vent out my anger i stumbled upon a group of about a baker's dozen of zombies. They were just wandering around a clearing in the trees.

Zombie's eye sight isnt very good. They rely on hearing and smell to find "food". Bad news for me since the noise my gun was giving off was probably attracting any other zombies in the area.

Since the Court doesnt consider zombies to be human or supernaturals anymore, they have them seperated into multiple groups. There are the walkers -- the ones that are still living --, the crawlers -- sometimes the zombies got violent and tear their victom in half, ive run into a few missing their lower body -- and the dead -- the ones that have been killed.

I shot another one in the head then another and another letting my anger out with each bullet.

That god damn bastard chose that little bitch over me then calls me delirous!

I shot another in the chest three times then in the head.

Then he nearly drives me to suicide.

I shoot another in the head.

Then i return and he has this stupid idea i actually want him.

Another shot.

Then he proposes to the little whore right in front of me!

I grip the gun tighter and picture Archer's face on the ugliest zombie which had its eye hanging out and its jaw broken, its shoulder was torn open and his skin complection was a sickening gray then shot it in the leg, stomach and in the chest right where his heart would be then finally in the head.

That bastard deserves more for destroying my heart.

"Hes just an ass."

Darren's voice startled me but i didnt take my eyes off my target and shot a female zombie in the head.

"Its fun to pretend hes one of these." i muttered.

"I can imagine. But i think you should pretend Marissa is one of these." he said.

"Why?" i questioned shooting another one.

"Because thats what she looks like without her makeup on."

i laughed alittle. "Now thats an insult to zombies."

"True. But you should see her when she wakes up. Since she spends the night with Archer she doesnt wash off her make up when she wakes up its smeared all over her face."

that imagine made me laugh.

I killed the last two remaining zombies and turned to him with a smile. "Thanks."

"For what? All i did was make you laugh." he smiled. "You have a really nice laugh by the way. Dont think ive ever heard it."

i felt a little heat slip into my cheeks. "Well i mean thanks for everything. Your the only one of the 'populars'," i put air quote around the word. "That ever cared enough to even ask if i was ok and help me with the stuff they knocked down in highschool. Sorry the thanks is, like, 3 years over due."

"Its no problem. I felt bad for you."

i frowned and looked away. "Pity is for the weak."

"Hey." he touched my shoulder. "Its ok to show emotion. Im not saying i pity you. Im saying i felt bad. I saw the look in both your and Archer's eye when you saw one another. You felt obvious joy and he felt the same but tried resisting and attempted to hide it. You wouldnt believe how often he stared at you when you didnt realize he was in the room. Marissa thought he had a thing for you and constantly pointed out your flaws which i wanted to punch her for. If you were my mate, even back then i wouldve accepted you with no hesitation."

i smiled. "You dont mean that."

"Ok maybe i wouldve hesitate but id still accept you. Now with the way you are i cant believe Archer still thinks youre weak. Finding your mate is a beauty thing that few have the chance to get to have. To see Archer abusing his mate. . .well thats unacceptable."

i shrugged. "If he wants to be naive and make it apear that others are then him to protect his own pride so be it. Itll just beanother reason he isnt fit to be Alpha and I'm glad he rejected me or i wouldnt be the way i am now. Besides i think mates make a person blind and weak."

"Why do you say that?" he asked confused.

"The King Vernan the Vampire King's eldest son, Prince Nicholas, has been trying to track down his mate -- or as they call theirs 'soulmates' -- for over 200 years. Hes finally found her and hes completely neglecting his duties as prince and is doing everything he can to win her over. Rumor has it he wasnt prepared to meet her so he lost control and has already bitten her turning her into a vampire fledgling." i explained.

"She was human?"

"Yep."

"Thats incredably rare." he commented.

"It is. The mating process doesnt usually want to mate outside the species. Unfortunetly the vampires dont care unless they have a werewolf mate." i turned to the clearing now filled with dead bodies well. . .dead bodies that were killed twice. . . "We should get going. All the noise my constant shooting was causing may have attracted other zombies and the smell of dead bodies is overwhelming."

"I agree." we started walking. "The vampires still hate us?"

"Yea. Same way we hate them. They had werewolves enslaved for centuries till we broke free of their power and made them look weaker. There was a full out war between the species that nearly lead to the destruction of both."

"That would explain the hatred."

"Yea. . .so how have you been, Darren?" i asked curiously.

He shrugged. "Cant really complain. Not much has happened these last few years. Your leave was the most exciting and it effected almost everyone in some way. The about a month ago we discovered the rogues when they attacked a group of pack members that were walking to the pack house for a meeting. Then everyone got excited for this oh so skilled team of assassins to come in. You would believe how shocked everyone was when they found out you were amoung them--"

"I figured that but im asking how you are Darren."

he looked at me shocked then looked a little sad. "Im all honesty, im kind of lonely."

"Oh whys that?"

hesighed. "Ive had the urge to find my mate lately but i dont even know where to start! Idont think ill ever find her but i just feel lonely. . ."

i suddeny felt sorry for him. "Well. . ." i took his hand and squeezed it firmly to show support. "You got me."

he smiled. "Thanks."

we exited the forest still hand in hand to find Archer leaning against the house. He pushed off of it and approached us. Darren and i dropped hands but i could tell Archer saw.

"What were you doing in the forest?" he demanded with a snarl.

"I dont see how thats any of your buisness." i sassed putting my hands on my hips.

He growled. "Youre on my territory! You will tell me what you were doing."

i mentally grinned. Time to mess with the Alpha. "Oh we were having crazy hot sex on the forest floor and ive never felt anything so pleasureable in my entire life." i said dramatically then grabbed Darren's hand. "Come on Darren lets go." i said quickly before pulling him away.

We left Archer there and i couldnt help but laugh.

When we got back into the pack house, Shane and Kenzie sat on the couch in the livingroom watching TV.

Kenzie turned. "Hey where you guys been?"

"Aparently we were having crazy hot sex." Darren said.

*****

Don't forget! 40 votes and opinion on whether this should be in Watty Awards 2012!