Painful Rejection: Chapter 35

Unedited please dont hate me!  

i want another 100 votes for chapter 36 :P  

And dont forget to vote on my contest!!!!!!!!  

**************** 

I stood in front of my closet debating on what to wear to our meeting of Sebastian and finally decided a a black strapless dress Id borrowed from Kenzie, a pair of black knee high Converse and my leather jacket.

after I applied mascara and red lipstick and kept my hair down in its natural wave which i find to be a pain in the ass but everyone loves oh so much (A/N: this came from my hatred of my wavy hair. Its such a pain in the toshie!).

i then examined myself in the mirror.

Perfect outfit.

I grabbed my black purse and walked out of my room.

"Kenzie you ready?" i called.

"Yep!" she said and came skipping out of her room in a light purple, silky dress, her black leather jacket and black low top Converse with her hair pinned up with a big clip.

"Am i smexy or what?" she licked her finger tip and poked her butt making a sizzying sound.

I laughed. "Oh yea you sexy."

"Great." she squealed. "You arent looking too bad yourself."

"Why thank you." i grinned.

"Yea well, youll look even better standing next to me." she said posing.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Youre having way too much fun with this."

"Excuse me for taking pleasure in the little things in life. Its not everyday we get to go out like this or dress like this."

"True. Now come on the guys are probably waiting." i said heading for the door.

As i opened it i nearly walked into a thick chest.

"Oh sorry." Archer said stepping back. "I heard you guys had a plan for--why are you dressed like that?"

i blinked and looked down. "Is it bad?"

he didnt answer and i looked back up at him to see him just staring at me.

I snapped my fingers. "Earth to Archer?"

he shook his head. "Oh sorry. . .are you sure you should go out dressed like that?"

i narrowed my eyes. "Excuse me?"

"Um, ill just go get the guys." Kenzie said awkwardly before scurrying off and leaving me alone in the hall with Archer.

"I dont see how its any of your business how i dress." i told Archer.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I wont have you prancing around in an outfit like that!"

What?! Since when does he control what i wear? "Ill have you know this is official business And according to the statement you made to the Court Leaders im free to investigate Helms."

"How is this including in the investagation?!" he demanded gesturing to my outfit.

"I dont know why you care so much! But if you must know were meeting with Sebastian Helms."

"A relative of Helms? Why?!"

"Why do you care?!"

"Are you trying to impress him? Is that why youve dressed like this?!"

"Again, why do you care?!"

"Because!"

"Please do not make me demand 'because why'."

"You know what. Im coming with you guys." he said and stormed off down the hall.

"What?! No!" i snapped after him.

"I am Alpha of this pack and this involves my pack so im going."

i glared at his retreating back. Unfortunetly hes right. Since hes Alpha of the Haven pack hes free to 'assist' us in this investagation and hes basiclly made that last statement an order. He could easily complain to the Court about us not litening to him and wed get in trouble and possibly suspension for insebordination.

I sighed with frustration and turned on my heels heading downstairs.

The team was waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mony, you look awesome." Mich said.

"Thanks. Look. It seems Alpha Haven is coming with us." i said with a sigh.

"What? Why?" Kenzie asked.

"No clue. Hes suspicious i guess." i said with a shrug.

"Well this is going to be complicated." Shane muttered.

"Tell me about it." i groaned.

About ten minutes later Archer and Brendon came down the stairs all dressed up in dark jeans and button up shirts.

I didnt even bother fighting with them and we all just headed out.

"So where exactly are we going?" Brendon asked from the far back seat of the van.

"A club." Kenzie said cheerfully.

"A club?" Archer repeated.

"Its a supernatural club created by the Court for younger supernaturals to gather in." i explained.

"So its like a gathering? Like a little get together?" Brendon asked.

Kenzie and i exchanged a look then turned back to them. "Not exactly."

"Then what exactly do you mean?" Archer asked.

"Its a night club called Midnight Sun." Kenzie said.

"Ive never heard of it." Brendon confessed.

"It was pretty much only established for the children of Court Leaders but they spread the word and now mostly upper class supernatuarls go there like relatives of the vampire royal family, the High Alpha and all them." i explained further.

"The population of the club is mostly vampires since the royal family is bigger then the other leader's family's are." Kenzie said.

"And how is going to a night club going to helpb you take out Helms?" Archer asked.

"Because one of Harmony's contacts works there." Kenzie said.

"One of Harmony's contacts?" Brendon repeated.

"As CAO agents we all have our sources of intell and different people we get information from." Mich said from the passanger seat.

"We each have met different people and gained their trust and stuff and trade with them for information on different things." Kenzie said.

"When i first joined the CAO my first assignment was to help the team defeat Helms in anyway possible so i didnt alittle research and dug into his family and discovered he only has one surviving family member. His nephew Sebastian Helms." i explained. "Sebastian's father was Helm's older brother and he was the first person he went to when he came into the state 2 years ago."

"And this Sebastian guy just gives you information?" Brendon asked.

I shrugged. "At a price."

"Pretty high price." Kenzie muttered.

I glared at her.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Archer asked.

"It just means that most information comes with a price." i said.

The rest of the ride went by pretty quietly and i just stared out the window. Unfortunetly i didnt have the scenery seat so i was simply staring at the center of the highway.

it wasnt long after wed entered the city that Shane was driving us to an older, run down part of the city. It wasnt exactly the kind of neighborhood youd want to live in unless youre into gangsters vandalyzing everything flat.

We pulled up to a seemingly abandoned wear house dressed in graffti and climbed out.

"Two years and this place hardly changes." i said looking around.

"Well they cant exactly clean it all up or it would stick out in this messed up neighborhood." Kenzie said.

"True." i said.

"Enough sight seeing guys. Lets just get the information we need and go." Mich said then turned to me. "Shane and Kenzie will be sitting at a table by the end of the bar and ill be in the middle of the bar. You make sure youre talking to Sebastian at the end of the bar farthest from the door."

i nodded. "Got it."

he nodded and turned to Archer and Brendon. "It would be a big help if you guys stuck near us but not with Harmony. She needs to be alone when she talks to Sebastian."

Brendon nodded but Archer hesitated before doing the same.

"Alright lets do this." Kenzie said.

Mich led the way as we walked in through the front door of the warehouse which lead to a metal hallway with another door at the end.

We filed into the hall and Mich again led the way to the door, opening that one as well but this time we can to a small room with another door hidden behind a tall, muscular man who was like a bouncer.

"Who wishes to pass?" the man asked in a deep voice.

"Those who know the sky." Mich said.

"What is the difference between night and day's sight?"

"The night has a million and one eyes but the day only one." Mich recited.

the man bowed his head. "You may enter." He said then turned and opened the door.

The loud music instantly filled the room.

Mich bowed his head and walked into the club with the rest of us in tow.

The club was very dimly light and flashing colorful lights were practiclly the only source of light besidies the dim lights lining the surrounding walls.

The club was basiclly set up in three major sections: the sitting area with low, round tables with a candle sitting in the center and a max of four leather chairs surrounding the table, the large bar lined with a neon blue light around the oval counter and the flashing dance floor towards the back.

The only noise that could be heard was Comin' In Hot by Hollywood Undead through out the entire club.

The sitting area was nearly over flowing with people and the dance floor could hardly be seen with the large cluster of people grinding again each other.

The bar had the least amount of people which was a surprising since it served everything from gin to vodka if you feel like getting drunk and if youre just looking for an exotic experiance, they can add all kinds of things to a glass of blood to make it unique and a nice change from a vampires typical blood.

Alcohol is served in glass cups and blood is served in black ones so people dont get confused.

i turned to our group. "Im just going to go talk to him and get this over with." i shouted over the music.

"Good call." Mich shouted.

After that everyone scattered to get to their positions.

i slowly walked to the end of the bar nearest the dance floor as i waited for everyone to get into place.

As planned, Shane and Kenzie acted as a couple on a date and sat at one of the tall tables almost right beside the dance floor while Mich took his seat in the middle of the bar. He was soon accompanied by Brendon and Archer who planned along and pretended to order drinks.

Once i was sure they were all in position i walked over to the end of the bar and leaned on the counter.

"Excuse me." i shouted so the bartender could hear me over the music.

The girl turned around and walked over. "How may i assist you? Would you like alcohol or blood or maybe bo--"

"You could tell me if Sebatian Helms is here." i said. I dont like being rude but i just want to get this meeting over with.

"Yea hes here." she said.

"Could you get him?" i asked.

She shrugged and walked off.

I groaned. I really dont want to do this.

Hang in there Mony. Mich said.

Yea dont worry girl were here for yea! Kenzie said.

And you can always use alcohol. Shane said.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. Awesome advice Shane.

Only one i got when in a club.

Alright i guess its better then nothing.

"Harmony Kensworth."

i looked up and forced a smile. "Sebastian Helms."

Sebastian smirked and leaned on the counter in front of me and i fought the urge to jerk back.

"Been missing you. I hope you realize how used i felt when you never came back after my uncle was killed." he said as if id hurt him.

time to put on my girliest act. "Oh sorry babe but your uncle is actually what i wanted to talk--"

"Oh i know youre here for info on my uncle but you know my price." he gestured with his eyes to the back room.

I groaned internally.

When i first came to Sebastian for information he instantly took a liking to me aparently and he said he felt "attracted" to me. After a couple free informational give aways he started "charging" for infromation causing me to do some very shameful things. . .

I looked to Mich but my eyes instead landed on Archer.

wait. . .Sebastian wouldnt if i. . .thats it!

I smirked and turned back to Sebastian. "Sorry honey but i cant."

he raised his eyebrow. "Oh? And whys that?"

"Well yea see. . .that guy over there." i pointed at Archer who was talking to Brendon beside him. "Is kind of my mate."

he huffed. "Well thats dissapointing." he sighed. "I wont do anything if youre claimed by another. But you know my price and came here anyway."

"Yes i did and," i grabbed his collar and gripped the blade i had slipped up my sleeve, pressing it into his neck without revealing it from my sleeve. "We intend to get the information we need without giving you a form of payment."

he raised his hands. "Hey hey chill. What kind of info are we talking about?"

"Your uncle."

he sighed. "He died, like, 2 years ago. if im not mistaking, youre the one who did the deed."

"We both know he somehow revived. I bet you know more about that then i do."

"Look, im his nephew. That doesnt mean hes going to tell me his whole 'evil plan'."

i pressed the blade lightly into his neck and gripped his collar tighter as he tried to jerk back. "You arent just his nephew. Youre his only surviving family. Now spill what you know or ill spill your blood."

he snarled. "A werewolf CAO agent spilling vampire blood? The Court wouldnt stand for it."

"Please. You share the same blood as Robert Helms. They wont care now just tell me how he revived!" i snapped.

"Why should i?"

i pressed the blade into his neck harder and he let out a small yelp as it cut his skin slightly.

"Ok ok! Ill tell you what i know." he finally said.

I easied my grip a bit and felt him relax slightly. "Talk."

"Ok. He did contact me. It was behind the club last week. he said something about some girls of his had revived him. A witch and a necromancer."

"Did he say who they were?" i asked.

"No and i didnt ask. He tried to get me to join him but then he introduced me to his. . .creations and id forgotten how disgusting they were and refused. He gave me an adress to someplace next town over. Said if i changed my i could go there--"

"Ill take that address."

he tried to nod by the blade i still held at his neck roughly glided against his skin and he stopped the fumbled in his pants pocket, pulling out a small crinkled piece of paper.

I snatched it from his hand and put it in my jacket pocket then quicly placed the blade back on his neck. "Anything else?"

"No. Thats all he told me." he said.

I nodded and released him.

His hand instantly went to his throat and rubbed it but the tiny wound was already healing.

"Thank you Sebastian. If things go well we shouldnt need to see you again." he said and walked away.

Mich was on his feet instantly. "Well?"

i pulled the paper our of my pocket and opened it. I grinned victoriously. "The bastard wasnt lying." i raised the paper. "We got answer."

Mich grinned. "Awesome! And he didnt 'charge' you?"

"Nope. Also its just as we thought. It was a witch and a necromancer who revived Helms."

he sighed. "Thats not good."

"No. . .he said it was a couple of Helms's 'girls' could he mean mistresses?" i asked.

"Probably. As violent as he got with them his many woman always came back."

Helms had no shortage of fresh young woman awaiting to be his mistress. He often got violent and abusive with them but they still came back to him which bored him. Eventually this boredum drove him to seek excitment in the woman despreate for his attention and he preformed twisted experiments on the woman as a form of torture.

Robert Helms is a very twisted man but his mistresses always came back to him only to be murderer. Often tortured to death.

I guess his surviving mistresses decided it was time for him to come to them.

"Harmony?"

i was pulled from my thoughts by Archer's voice and looked up at him. "Yea?"

"Mich told me the kind of person this Sebastian is." he said sternly.

I turned to Mich with narrow eyes.

He blinked. "Um, i think ill just go get Kenzie and Shane." he said before hurrying off.

"What exactly is your relationship with that man?"

i turned back to Archer. "Hes just my contact."

"Oh really? He seemed to be getting offly close to ya for a 'contact'."

i crossed my arms over my chest and avoided his eyes. "He isnt the best guy--"

"Hes scum! Hes an asshole! hes not only a relative of Helms whos a total monster but hes also a murderer! Hes a theif! Hes a rapist! Did you know that--"

"I knew that and id appreciate it if you didnt speak badly about him like that."

"And why not?"

"Because as horrible as he is hes the man who took my virginity and i hate being reminded the horrific man id given it up to."

"What?!"