Painful Rejection: Chapter 31

(Unedited - please don't gate me. Read the thinga ba do and you'll understand)

Update on future uploads at the end - please read

******

I sat on the couch in my room grasping a silver bullet in my hand and murmuring the spell to each one quickly.

The good thing about necromancers, they dont use just any bullets. They use silver ones so the Court can distinguish which bullets belonged to any old assassain or hunter from the necromancers. Dont ask me why, i guess its a reputation thing.

A knock on the door startled me but i forced myself to keep my focus on the spell. "Come in." i called as i finished the spell.

The door opened. "You called for me?" Archer asked.

"Yes." i stood up and walked over to him, extending my hand. "Can i see the gun i gave you?"

he blinked then reached behind him and pulled it out of his belt, placing it in my hand. "Are you taking it back?"

"Not exactly." i turned around and walked back over to the coffee table, opening the barrel of the gun and dumping the bullets out.

"What are you doing?!" he demanded.

I ignored him and opened the chamber, pulling that bullet out and placing it down with the others. Then i began slipping the silver bullets into the barrel.

"Whats with the fancy silver bullets? You know it takes more then a few of those to kill us, right?"

"Oh i think i know more than you do considering the fact that ive been shot with a few silver bullets myself." i shut the gun and pointed it at the wall. "Might want to cover your ears."

"Wha--"

i shot a bullet into the wall.

"What are you doing?!" he demanded.

"Making sure this works." i said walking over to the hole in the wall and picking at the chipped plaster around it then dug my fingers in and yanked the bullet out. The once pointed tip was now flat. "I just had to make sure this calibar and material would work with the gun. This looks like it would be fast and strong enough to go straight through someone."

"Harmony, what?"

i turned to Archer and held out the gun. "This gun is now loaded with charmed silver bullets. I used a purification spell on them and now i have to ask you to take it and use it on me should i fail my mission."

"What? You want me to kill you?!" he exclaimed.

"Yes. Theres no way the others will do it, youre my only hope, Archer." i said.

He narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "I cant--no, i wont kill you, Harmony."

i sighed. "Please, Archer? It wont really be me youre killing it will be my demonic part. My soul will be comsumed and replaced with a demon's. You will be my only chance of some kind of salvation." i grabbed his hand and dropped the gun into his palm then closed his fingers around it. "Please do this. . .for me."

he was silent a moment then sighed. "Ill try."

i nodded, dropping my hands to my side. "Thank you."

"Is that all you needed?" he asked.

"Yea. Ill feel much better knowing someone will be willing to put an end to everything for me when i lose control." i said walking back to the coffee table and picking the dagger that sat upon the dark wood. "This thing was hard to find."