Painful Rejection: Chapter 41

Since i ahve chapter 42 all typed up and ready i'm going to ask for 50 votes for the next chapter. Yes i know i;m evil and you hate me

Only one chapter and the epiloge left!

********

Panic ruled my thoughts as I continued to wrestle with Marissa, careful to keep my hand pressing against her throat to keep her snapping jaw away. But she proved to be stronger then I thought as was getting dangerously close to my neck. No doubt planning to rip my throat out despite Helm's orders.

"There would be no need for this senseless violence if you would just give up." I heard Helms shout over Marissa's irritated snarls.

I bared my teeth. No way am I giving up so easily. I don’t want to hurt Marissa, ok maybe I do, but she’s giving me no choice.

I hesitated before releasing her paw, with its claws sticking out and ready, and fumbled with my belt seeking my gun.

During my search Marissa's claws came down, digging deep into my shoulder and I couldn’t help the small cry of pain that escaped me before biting my tongue.

My fingers finally found my gun and I tried to hold Marissa's weight up off me with the hand I still had on her throat but it was difficult.

During my struggle with both Marissa and the holder containing my gun, I heard Helms grunt a heard a loud thump but with Marissa over me I couldn’t see what had happened.

Just as my fingers finally had my gun free from its case, I saw a flash of black then Marissa was flying off me with a yelp.

It took me a moment to take in the fact that I was free but when I finally did; I jumped up and searched for Marissa. My eyes landed on her in a defensive position growling at a large black wolf that mimicked her.

"Archer?!" I shouted irritated. What is he doing here?

Archer turned his head slightly and looked at me out of the corner of his eye then gave a slight growl at me.

I narrowed my eyes and was about to yell at him but Marissa jumped at him returning his attention to her.

I heard a click and turned to the source of the noise and saw Helms holding a gun aimed at Archer.

"No!" I cried and jumped to my feet hitting his arm sending the bullet into the air.

I kept a tight grip on his wrist as I slammed my fist into his jaw as hard as I could, sending him to the ground and the gun skidding across the room.

Then Helms did something I’d never expect him to do. He began chuckling which then developed into full out laughter. Cold and cruel, mocking laughter causing me to take a step back as he rose.

"How sweet. You’re protecting your mate no doubt." he said facing me with blood spilling out of the corner of his mouth.

I bared my teeth. "Like that’s any of your business." I threw a punch at Helms but he leapt into action and whacked my arm away and gripped my clawed shoulder causing me to grind my teeth. Next thing I knew I felt the cold surface of concrete hitting my back painfully.