Chapter 37

Chapter 37

SYDNEY'S POV

It's been weeks since nakabalik kami ng Manila. Andrei started going to the office. And I started going to school. Pero kahit nagiging sobrang busy namin, he still finds time for me. Hindi siya pumapayag na hindi kami magsasabay sa pagkain sa isang araw. Kapag maaga siyang umaalis at hindi ko na naaubutan sa umaga, he fould fetch me from school and we'll eat dinner together. Kung mag-oovertime naman siya, it's either sabay kami sa breakfast or pupuntahan niya ako para kumain ng lunch.

He also never fails to ask how my day is. Kung may homework ba ako or kung may exams ako bukas. Kung nahihirapan ba ako mag-adjust sa surrounding ko o may kailangan akong bayaran.

And I appreciate everything he does for me. I feel so loved. Bukod sa araw araw niya akong sinasabihan ng 'I love you', his actions speak louder than his words.

And I want to give something back to him, now that his birthday is in two days. Gusto kong ibigay ang lahat ng kaya kong ibigay. I want to make that day special for him.

I am actually waiting for Kayla and Tricia at a nearby cafe because I'm asking for their help in planning my surprise.

Napatingin ako sa entrance ng coffee shop ng bumukas ang pinto nito, hoping it would finally be them pero nagulat ako ng makita ang pinakaayaw kong tao sa mundo.

I don't want to see her ever again, but I know its impossible. Sooner or later, I'll have to face her. But I did not expect it to be this soon. Pero wala na akong magagawa, especially now that she's heading my way.

"Sydney.", she said when she was finally in front of me.

"Michell."

"So you are really back." she said while crossing her arms in front of her.

"Obviously." I said back

She snorted at my sarcasm. I don't know what is her problem with me. Kung tutuusin nga, ako dapat ang may galit sa kanya.

"I bet nobody wanted you back. Bakit ka pa bumalik?" she said

This girl is getting on my nerves. Sa totoo lang, nagpapakabait na ako but this girl is bringing out the bitchiness in me.

"My friends want me back. My in-laws want me back. And Andrei wants me back more than anything else." I said confidently.

I saw how her expression changed at the mention of Andrei's name. I smirked at her knowing I'm winning this game.

But she regained her composure in a split second. She directly stared at me coldly. Her eyes speak of anger and hatred. "But you don't deserve him. You don't deserve to be beside him. You don't deserve to live with him. You don't deserve to be with him. You simply don't deserve him."

I don't know how to respond to her. I want to tell her she's wrong. I want to tell her I am deserving of Andrei. I want to tell her she has no right or say on who deserves who. But I can't say a word. I can't even open my mouth.

"By the way, I am pretty sure your Mommy and Daddy didn't miss you. And I'm sure as hell they don't even care whether you are back or not." She said before walking away and going to a vacant table nearby.

Gusto kong umiyak. Napaisip ako sa mga sinabi niya. I don't believe her opinion on me and Andrei. I love him and I don't want to doubt the thing between us. If she thinks I don't deserve him, I think otherwise.

What bothers me is her words about my parents. Akala ko hindi na ako maaapektuhan ng katotohanan na hindi ako hinahanap ng mga magulang ko, that they do not care about me. Akala ko kontento na ako sa kung ano man ang meron ako. Masakit pa rin pala.

My thoughts were interrupted by the woman who went inside the coffee shop. I am happy to see her but she doesn't seem to feel the same when she saw me. She only smiled when she looked at the other table, the table where Michell was.

Dinaanan niya ako as if I was a stranger, as if I was wind. My mom did not even acknowledge my presence. I looked at her back as she walks farther and farther away from me. I looked at her back as she walks straight to where Michell was.

I looked at Michelle with jealousy and I saw her smile triumphantly at me. I don't understand how my mom finds time to meet Michell when she can't even come to see me.

"Sydney, gusto ko ng fried chicken sa birthday ni Andrei." A voice said in front of me. It was Kayla. Hindi ko man lang napansin na nakarating na sila ni Tricia.

"Ano ka bata? Hindi kiddie party ang pinaplano natin." Tricia sa id to Kayla. "Why don't we have a barbecue party? I've been craving for barbeque."

I looked back to where my mother was. I saw her happily chatting with Michell while ordering her food. If I don't know them, I would probably think they are mother and daughter. They look so comfortable with each other. It's as if it was normal for them to meet at cafes and talk about things.

"Sydney? Sydney!"

I snap out of my thoughts and looked at them.

"What do you think of my suggestion?" Kayla asked

Hindi ko alam ang ang sasabihin ko. I don't even know what they have talked about. I was lost in my own thoughts.

"You are not listening, are you? Ano bang tinitingnan mo sa likod at distracted ka?" Halos mabali na ang leeg mo sa kakalingon." Tricia said

"Wa-wala" I said

Pero hindi sila nakinig, instead they looked at where I was looking awhile ago.

"Si Michell bruha yun di ba?" Kayla said

"Oh my god. It is really her. Hindi ko alam but the mere sight of her makes me want to strangle her. Kumukulo agad ang dugo ko." Tricia added

"Wait, wait! Is that your Mom? What is Tita Grace doing with her?" Kayla freaked out.

"Guys, I think I need to go. Let's talk about Andrei's birthday some other time." I said before getting up and leaving.

I went straight home in a daze. Michell's words and the scene I saw earlier keeps running through my mind.

Kahit si Andrei na kakauwi lang galing trabaho ay napansin na may mali sa kilos ko. And I love how he respects my silence when I told him nothing was wrong. He just reminded me that he will always be by my side no matter what.

"I'll wait until you are ready to tell me what the problem is. I love you. Remember that okay?"