Chapter 17: Stop There And Let Me Correct It:

Hi guys! Sorry I havent been posting for this one in a while! I know this chapter's short. I hope you guys still like it! 

Chapter 17: Stop there and let me correct it:

(Katia’s POV)

I practically stumbled into the house, trying to make it to my room. I felt tears run down my cheeks. I stopped when I found myself halfway up. I shared it with Liam. If he came home, he probably wouldn’t want to see me—but he needed to know I wasn’t hitting on Noah—he was gay for crying out loud! Talking to Liam wouldn’t do me any good considering right now, I’m some ‘slut.’ It stung to hear that from him. I slowly turned, spotting Liam walking home, outside the glass walls. I quickly walked down to the bottom landing, making my way to the back door, in the kitchen.

I pushed the swing door out of my way, just when I heard Liam enter. I rushed to place my hand on the knob—

“And where do you think you’re going?”

I spun around, nearly gasping. I hadn’t seen him standing there. “I…um…”

Harry stood there, leaning on the kitchen counter, with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk plastered on his face. He was in faded jeans and a white polo shirt. His dark curls seemed a bit tousled, but then again, it always looked that way.

“Why aren’t you with Liam? Where’s he? Why’re your eyes—Oh shoot.” He stopped, realizing what could have possibly happened. He most likely was wrong, but I guessed he got the picture. “Katia…if you want, I know there’s a Starbucks stall somewhere along the beach. Do you want to tell me over a cup of coffee?” He gave me a small friendly smile.

I returned the gesture, feeling less hurt than I was five minutes ago.  Maybe telling someone about it would serve as some practice round for when I explain it to Li. “Yeah, thanks Harry.”

He grinned like a little boy before following me out the back door.

(Zayn’s POV)

“It might take all day.” Emmet said, whipping his oily hands on his shirt.

I could feel my fists ball up in my pockets. I wonder if he recognized Grace. Do muggers bother to recall the faces of the people they come across?

“Not really. We’re almost done.” Louis smiled cheerfully, like the little boy he was. He was oblivious to everything. Niall and I didn’t want him to worry. If these were all the help we could get, we might as well keep it in, just until Emmet and Mark finish up. I don’t know about the other guy—Joey—We might beat him up too.

“Just need to finish up cleaning that engine and she’s all good to go.” Joey said, smiling. Maybe he was oblivious to this too. But people like them were good liars.

“How long would that take?” It was Niall this time.

“Maybe an hour or less. Depends on how fast we move.” He shrugged.

I just had to wait an hour or less before I beat the hell out of those two creeps. I glanced over at Niall who glared at Mark. That little leprechaun always gets what he wants. I should know, considering he was my best mate.

“I’ll be back.” I muttered, walking out of the small garage and into the house through the front door.

I needed to stay away for a while. It wouldn’t help Grace or Kat if Nialler and I did anything stupid. I don’t think I could ever ignore the fact my girlfriend was robbed and threatened.

I walked up the stairs, feeling every part of my throbbing body as I moved. I’d been crouched down for nearly two hours just working on a dirty engine. He’d gone through all the trouble, just to find out that the reason why his van wouldn’t move is because he didn’t clean his engine.