Chapter 37: All About Us

IMPORTANT FOR WHEN YOU READ THIS CHAPTER:

1. "Heart by heart" is there on the side. 

2. ONLY PLAY IT WHEN NIALL"S POV COMES OUT THE SECOND TIME!

3. MAKE SURE THE MUSIC IS PLAYING AND READ CAREFULLY. 

HOPE YOU MATCH THE TIMING I'M GOING FOR BECAUSE I MEASURED IT OUT!

Chapter 37: All About Us

(Niall’s POV)

It was too early for anyone to be awake, I thought. The sky outside wasn’t as bright yet—I estimated the time to at least be 6:00 am. The events of yesterday played in my head as I snuck out of the house. I recalled how the dance ended and I offered to buy Sierra coffee. We spent the rest of the evening talking some more in the Starbucks branch not far from where she stayed. Of course, I received the bad news about Liam when I get home. The lads called me and told me to rest. They said they would be returning home late with Liam so his fight story wouldn’t leak onto the covers of magazines and such.

I walked down the path that led to the beach, which was practically empty, save for the street cleaners and a couple of restaurant employees who had to set up for the day’s catch of customers. Quietly, I went out to the sand and sat down, staring at the calm sea. There were two things that filled my mind. One of them was Sierra and how perfect she was, and the second was Kat. I still hadn’t forgot how she made me feel and accepted everything about me. Aside from my identity crisis episode, everything was so easy with her. She snuggled when I wanted her to and she kissed me more times than I had expected—I did love her. ‘But were you in love?’ A small voice crept into my mind. To be honest, that’s what I didn’t know. Without Kat, I wouldn’t have been able to accept my little phase. So I’m thankful for that. I thought back about what Liam had told me: ‘I think that the girl for you is still out there. She’s living her life, waiting for you to meet her.’

Sierra. From what I picked up form last night, I wasn’t allowed to do much with her. She didn’t like PDA because she’s never dated anyone before. She’s never been kissed and I could tell she’s a little too nervous to kiss anyone on her own. Maybe it was because she felt ashamed of her braces? I shook my head inwardly. I loved how her braces looked on her. She seemed a little awkward when I hugged her or when we danced. After all that, I just wanted to be around her more. Every bit of her seemed so precious now that I know I had to work for it. It was liked she was up on a pedestal that only a champion could get to.

I huffed and pushed my thoughts away. I hadn’t realized I was already looking at my lap. I faced the water again and inhaled, taking in the aroma of the cool, salty air.

The last thought that came into my mind was that I was sure I was in love with Sierra Rose.

(Sierra’s POV)

I walked, kicking the sand out of my sandals, just to have them pushed back in when I stepped down. It was exactly seven in the morning and I barely had any sleep the previous night. Niall was right. He wouldn’t have a problem proving me wrong. Every time I went back to thinking about our date, I couldn’t help but feel a little more drawn to him. It was stupid, I knew, but what else could I do? I suppose the heart wants what the heart wants. I grimaced inwardly. Had I really just thought it? God who does that? I couldn’t be head-over-heels as early as now, could I? I caught something—someone from the corner of my eye as I looked out to the water. I squinted, trying to focus on the person sitting on the sand. He was a boy, no doubt. I finally came to a conclusion that he was one of the street cleaners who was currently taking his break. And then I moved in closer and froze, seeing that I was completely wrong.