Chapter 2: Another World

**little note : Hi! okay so the song that Katia was listening to is on the side >>

"You Found Me" by The Fray :))**

X Katia

Chapter 2: Another World

(Katia’s POV)

I said, where were you, when everything was falling apart, all my days were spent by the telephone, that never rang and all I needed was a call, that never came…” I was back to listening to my usual music. I sang along to The Fray like I always did. It had been hours since we took off. It was probably 1:00 pm, but I wasn’t sure.

Kat sat beside me, sleeping as the plane took off. I didn’t blame her. We left the house at 3:00 am to catch our flight. She had her face buried in a balled up jacket, so that no one could see her while she was unconcious. She claims she’s one of those unglamorous sleepers. She had worn her usual skinny jeans with flats and a tan-colored knitted sweater. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail. She had her earplugs on, probably playing one of Ed Sheeran’s or Coldlpay’s songs. They’ve always been our favorites.

She’d called the window seat, so I couldn’t look out as we departed. I sat comfortably, vandalizing my wrist with a black Sharpie marker. It was something I did to kill time.

Aunt Mon was still out when Kat and I had left, and Chesca was asleep, so it was rather peaceful while we were getting dressed.

I was going to miss Australia. Well, I was going to miss the beach—that was pretty much it. I loved going out at night for one of those barbies with a few of the teenagers that lived around the area. I recalled how we’d pitch up the bon fire and Kat would finish half the pack of the barbeque.

 “Would you like anything from the trolley?” A flight attendant said, pushing a cart of snacks and drinks. She was a thin woman, about twenty, with dark skin and full lips. She had round eyes, lines with eyeliner and a thin coat of eye shadow. Her black hair was put in a neat bun.

“No thanks.” I smiled.

She nodded and continued on to the row behind.

It would be another couple of hours until we get there; so I sat quietly, still doodling on my skin as I sang with the music.

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me, lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded, why’d you have to wait, where were you, where were you, just a little late, you found me, you found m—.”

“You sing?”

I looked up to see someone’s head poping out form the seat in front. A boy, about the same age as I was, peered to see what I’d been drawing. He had dark eyes, and brown, curly hair that flopped over his thick eyebrows. I seemed to be studying my newly vandalized wrist.

“Excuse me?” I frowned at him.

“You heard me, do you sing?” He repeated, speaking with a British accent.

“I guess.” I shrugged, going back to my drawing.

“What’s your name?” The boy asked.

“Why’d you wanna know?” I capped my marker, crossing my arms over my chest now.

“Is it a crime to want to know someone’s name?”

I couldn’t say anything to that, but I remained frowning. “Katia.” I muttered. “My name’s Katia Brisbane.”

The boy smiled. “Pretty name.” he smirked. “I’m Liam Payne.”

“You’re not from Australia are you?”