Chapter 10: All My Secrets Away

(Liam’s POV)

I stared at him.

“You’re what?” My eyes went wide.

“Listen, you can’t tell!” He seemed frantic about it. "I mean, I was! But now it's just... I'm just normal. Of course, after a past like that, being a little confused and all, it's a little hard to look at people differently...You know? Just dont tell!"

Was he joking?

He couldn’t possibly be—The thought went away when I saw his eyes. They were so close to being watery. He couldn’t be making this up.

“I—I wont Nialler.” I tried to sound calm. “How long have you…um…you know…been—”

“Bi? About five years now.” He said, looking unfazed.

FIVE FREAKING YEARS?

He didn’t even bother telling me?

Why? It’s not like I was going to disown him from being my friend—Unless…there was something more than that…

Think Liam…what happened five years ago?

What could have made him—?

I gasped inwardly, suddenly realizing one small incident.

It wasn’t a what. It was someone we’d met that year.

“You like Haz…” I said breathlessly.

He looked troubled, but didn’t face me.

I decided to continue whether he’d planned to listen or not. “We’d met him five years ago and that’s why you broke up with your girlfriend! You thought you were gay didn’t you!”

Shut up!”  He hissed. “I dated someone else after that didn’t I?” he frowned.

“But you still liked Harry.” I murmured.

He slowly nodded.

“And now…” I trailed, feeling almost like Sherlock Holmes. Yeah, I was good at this. “Kat.” I finished off.

Niall nodded again in confirmation. “You’re the only one who knows so I trust you wont say anything. Alright?”

“Of course mate. Your secret’s safe with me.” I smiled.

“Good—Um, I’m going back to the house. I’m not in the mood to stay up late alright?” he stood up and practically dragged himself out of the bar.

I turned around; not realizing the others had left. I had no idea how Long Niall and I had been talking, but it must have been pretty long.

“Still awake?” I frowned, entering the room.

Katia sat on her side of the bed, with her sketchpad in hand as she looked up. She was in bored shorts and a loose T-shirt that looked like it could belong to her older brother—if she had one. Her damp hair fell messily down her back.

She didn’t seem awkward about me kissing her a while ago—maybe she’d chosen to ignore it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

“Yeah. I couldn’t sleep.” She smiled weakly before going back to her drawing.

“You know, you really are good.” I peered over catching a glimpse of the sketch. It was or a girl—like most of the drawings I’d seen in that notebook. I wondered why she never drew them smiling though. They all seemed…depressing.

“Thanks.” She murmured, still working on the portrait.

I didn’t bother continuing the conversation. She didn’t seem like she wanted to talk to me anyway. Was it about the kiss?