Chapter 28: I Can Show You I'll Be The One

Chapter 28: I Can Show You I’ll Be The One

(Gabriel’s POV)

“What about this one?” Katia stepped out of the dressing room in a fitted gown that seemed to show off her curvy figure. I had to admit, she looked stunning but I still was waiting for something else. I couldn’t name what I was waiting for, so I just smiled.

“It looks good—Old, but good.” I said.

“I can’t disagree.” She shrugged and hid back inside to change to another dress. She probably spent an hour just picking out dresses and another hour trying them on. Now I knew why girls took long. For the strangest reason, however, I wasn’t annoyed, or tired. I liked seeing her put on dresses as model for me.

“How many more dresses to go?” I asked curiously while she changed.

“Just a couple more—Here.”

And there it was.

Katia walked out in a simple peach colored dress with a fitted sleeveless top and voluminous skirt with extra layers under. She was beautiful.

She smiled shyly at me. “So?”

“It’s…great.” GREAT?? I could have said beautiful—or amazing, but no. I say great and now look what I’ve done. Now she looks taken aback—probably hurt that I don’t seem to care.

“Thanks.” She says anyway.

“I think you should get it. It’s the best I’ve seen on you so far.”

“But there are still two more to try on.”

“No, no. This one’s perfect.”

You’re perfect.

(Katia’s POV)

“Thanks again for the dress—And the shoes to go with it. You really didn’t have to Gabriel. I had shoes of my own.” I said while we sat around in the beach.

His eyes focused on the water where the other surfers enjoyed the large waves. “It was no big deal. I wanted to get you something. Think of it as a thanks-for-being-my-date-gift-slash-merry-Christmas.”

I laughed. “Fine—But after this no more buying me things. I don’t want to look like a user.” I lay down on the sand, not minding if I got some on my denim shorts or my T-shirt.

“Alright. I promise.” He smiled down at me. From where I was, Gabriel looked almost too good to be true. He seemed like he really was a celestial angel with all the sunlight coming from behind his dark, messy hair and fair skin.

“Aren’t you going surfing today?” I frowned, changing the subject.

“N-No. I guess I have more important things to do.” His eyes locked on mine, sending my heart pounding like there was no tomorrow.

(Liam’s POV)

I sat on a metal chair just like everyone else. I couldn’t believe Niall when he’d said it at first but Zayn and Grace began calling and so did Harry and Kenz and Lou. It was just us lads and the girls around the coffin. Kat didn’t know anyone else in London except for a couple of people from my bakery—But they’d left two hours ago.

“Hey mate.” It was Niall who sat beside me. There were dark circles under his eyes, making him look like he hadn’t slept al night—Which was true. Kat had been driving over to his flat when a bus rammed into her car. Niall was the first to know when he wondered whys he hadn’t come and decided to go out and look for her.

“Hey.” He muttered.

“Have you eaten yet?” I asked.

“No.”