Chapter 7: Don't Walk Away From Me

Chapter 7: Don’t Walk Away From Me

(Kat’s POV)

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I walked, shivering in my loose T-shirt and sweat pants. God who the hell rang the buzzer at 2:00 am in the morning? I swear, when I find out who that little twat is, I’m going to—

“What are you doing here?” I frowned, opening the door.

Liam stood there awkwardly. “I need to see Katia.” His hair was slightly messy—well, messier than usual. He must have run over here.

“Oh? Sorry, she doesn’t want to see you.” I said, coldly.

His light brown eyes were pleading. “Kat, please. I’ve made a mistake and—”

“Listen, she’s asleep.” I huffed. “She ran in the room, and cried herself to sleep, now if you don’t mind, I would like to get back to bed.” I was already closing the door when his hand quickly stopped me.

“Wait! I—um, she left this…” He held out her phone. “I found it after you guys left.”

That moron! She leaves everything everywhere. And now Liam’s picking up after her. That would have been really sweet if not for the fact she was pissed at him.

I quickly snatched the device with an emotionless face and shut the door, murmuring a soft “Night.”

Piss off.

“Kat? Who was that?” I could see Katia walk groggily out of the room. She was still in her tank and jeans. I could still see the dried up tears that had trailed down her cheek. Her eyeliner was slightly smudged from the pillow. She was a mess.

“Liam.”

She froze. Her eyes went wide making it obvious she was awake. “H—He was?”

“Yeah, he came back to give this back to you.” I tossed her the phone.

“Oh…” She caught it and slipped it in her pocket.

Even in the dark I could tell she was blushing. I couldn’t tell though if it was out of embarrassment or not.

“Thanks.” She muttered, and then headed off to the bathroom.

(Katia’s POV)

I stared at myself at the mirror, absolutely horrified by the reflection. My hair was messed up, with some strands sticking to my cheek. My eyeliner had been rubbed, creating a black streak from the corner of my eye. My cheeks were pale, probably because of the cold.

I slipped my phone out, checking the clock.

2:10 am.

I sighed, turning the faucet on and running my hands under the warm water. Thank God for heaters.

Liam ran through my mind. I knew he loved pissing me off, but I never thought he’d ever go that far. For some reason, he knew about my mum and dad and I had a good idea of who might have spilled it out.

Maybe he was right.

Maybe I was being completely naïve when I thought everyone that asked me to dance was trustworthy.

He was just being a good friend.

I guess the only reason why I’d decided to dance with someone else was because Liam didn’t bother asking me like how the other guys asked Kat and Kenz. He probably wasn’t the type who danced.

“You don’t have one!” His voice yelled in my mind. It stung. I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I’d cupped my hands, gathering water to splash on to my face.