Chapter 19: Forever and Always? Nah...

(Kat’s POV)

“I’m here!” Kenz walked in the apartment, waving her hands in the air like some little kid. She wore a red T-shirt with grey jeans and sneakers.

Katia and I were busy watching TV while Chesca tried flirting with Liam in the kitchen. I could see the pain in her face whenever she could hear their giggles get louder.

“Hey!” I smiled, getting up from the couch.

“You ready to go?”

Katia nodded, swinging her bag over her shoulder as she stood as well. “Yep.” She sighed, sounding completely drained.

“LIIIAAAAMMM!!!” I yelled, hating having to call him.

Within seconds, he and Chesca emerged from behind the swing doors, still laughing at whatever stupid thing my cousin said.

“Oh! Who’s this then?” Kenz eyed the both of them.

“This is my cousin.” Katia muttered bitterly as she walked out of the flat, leaving us all here.

“Nice to meet you!” Chesca beamed, but barely got a smile in return. Kenz wasn’t stupid, so she must have gotten hints. Katia barely acted like this.

The ride to Louis’ and Harry’s place was awkward, to the point I wanted to jump out the car and walk to feel better. Katia had her eye glued to the widow while, beside her, was Chesca and Liam, cuddle together. I sat next to Kenz who was at the wheel. None of us made any conversation, so I was bored out of my wits.

“We’re here.” Kenz announced quietly after pulling up in front of an apartment building.

I was the first to get out, followed by Kenz, Katia and the two idiots in love.

“This is our friends’ place.” Liam told Chesca as we entered, climbing up the first flight of stairs up.

“Way to state the obvious.” I muttered, earning dirty looks from Chesca.

(Katia’s POV)

I had no idea how long we’d been here, but I didn’t care. I sat on the brown, leather couch with Grace beside me. Kenz and Kat were on the floor in front of us with a laptop out. They figured I needed a bit of cheering up to do, so they searched for parodies on YouTube.

I liked Lou and Harry’s place. It was…well…chill. The nice, grey walls and the dark, wooden floor made the cream-colored armchairs on each side of the couch, stand out. In the middle was a black, modern looking table with metal legs with a huge, flat-screen TV on the wall, opposite the couch.

“Has anyone seen Liam?” Lou walked in. He and the lads were in the kitchen, supposedly making dinner for all of us.

“No, wasn’t he with you?” Kenz looked up at him and frowned when he shook his head.

“Hey, where’s the slut who begged to come along?” Kat scanned the area. “She with the boys again?”

“Nope.” Louis shrugged.

I stayed quiet as we all watched him walk back into the chaotic kitchen.

“Just ignore it.” Grace dropped her hand on my shoulder. I’d told her what had happened earlier when Kat and I came home—and I only told her about it cause she said she noticed something different between Liam and I.

I nodded my head and mouthed out a ‘Thanks’ before averting my eyes, now focusing on the video.

“Dinner’s ready!” Harry came running out, holding a plate of food in his hands, with the lads following him. I couldn’t tell what they’d made cause he had his hands high in the air.